Intolerant Liberals

DeletedUser

Gizmo I never said missionaries were immoral. You put those words in my mouth. I feel missionaries are misguided and cause more problems than they solve in many ways but I never said they were immoral. Liberal does not belong to any political party. When the Republican party came to be they were not the conservative party they were the progressive liberal party. As for Civil rights I would have some serious problems believing that Medgar Evers or Martin Luther King Jr were registered Republicans. It took Two Democratic Administrations to get J Edgar Hoover to actually do his job instead of following his racist inclinations (and he still had MLK followed and had his phones tapped illegally.) So either get your facts straight and attribute things to me that I actually said or STFD and STFU

13344-FACEPALM-When_words_fail_to_describe_the_dismay_there_is_always_Facepalm.jpg

DeletedUser

Violette said:
Actually, Virginia had had quite a few words to say before that, in various threads. Which she later apologised for. That apology didn't extend very far, however, as she later went on to misrepresent the context of some of my comments, and be generally catty for a couple of days after that.

Yeah, I'm going to have to call you out this. The only thing I said to you (which mind you was days before and in a totally different thread) was:
"Violette, I have contained my temper with your posts several times. You're rude, arrogant, and self centered. Stop belittling people and their views."
I apologized for it, but comparing it to the things you've said to me (and haven't apologized for), it's equivalent to a friend telling you your butt looks big in those jeans. ;)

That apology didn't extend very far, however, as she later went on to misrepresent the context of some of my comments, and be generally catty for a couple of days after that.
Oh, really? Care to show me when??

Violette said:
And only then did I call her on her behaviour, just as I would tell my son off for biting his playmates or lying about who broke the glass. And just like my son, I don't dislike her for doing it and, as far as I'm aware, she doesn't dislike me for calling her on it.
I'd believe that first line if you had actually posted your insults in the thread in which I spoke to you in. And, no, Violette, I don't dislike you at all. However, it might do you good to not act as if I'm your child. You're sure as heck not old enough to be my mother, and I don't take kindly to those who act as if they are.

:D

DeletedUser

somebody +1 reped me because im in milatary? thats not true im not 21 ye im just patriotice and show support for the milatary sorry for confusion

I don't want to sound like a pedant, but could we please do some spell checking? It makes these posts terribly difficult to read...

DeletedUser

I don't want to sound like a pedant, but could we please do some spell checking? It makes these posts terribly difficult to read...

i have proplems with my sight curently and it was already dark in the room so i get typos alot, i say it was close enough

DeletedUser

Trust me i can go on and on about iraq, trust me you dont know as much

I hate to break it to you, but chances you know it all are slimmer than non-existent.

HIghly ironic that Gizmo should post a picture of the reaction he himself gets to his postings on a quite frequent basis ;)

i have proplems with my sight curently and it was already dark in the room so i get typos alot, i say it was close enough

Because speed is more important than accuracy!

DeletedUser

also suspect that gizmo didn't address the issues just used a jpeg that really was just a lazy dodge. It almost would have been better if he said i know you are but what am I

DeletedUser

You go, girlfriend!
I do believe that Justin was acting like the kind of person who would utter such an exclamation when I said that to him.

I was acting like my ordinary self.

Think more carefully in future.

so then are you calling missionaries immoral.
So it is morally correct to run around forcing others to convert to your own faith?

That's not what I heard.

DeletedUser

You may say it was close enough and of course, that is your privilege. However, if you want others to read your posts (and I assume that you do for fairly self-evident reasons), please tighten up on your spellings so that peeps that are reading them can understand what you are trying to say.

Furthermore, I personally feel that missionaries have been a disaster on the developing world. Our forefathers in the west have a lot to answer for...

Regards,

Billy Bashful

DeletedUser

You may say it was close enough and of course, that is your privilege. However, if you want others to read your posts (and I assume that you do for fairly self-evident reasons), please tighten up on your spellings so that peeps that are reading them can understand what you are trying to say.

I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling (I've found at least one error in almost every book I've ever read), but I don't think the alex90 is that bad. There are others here who are much worse.

DeletedUser

I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling (I've found at least one error in almost every book I've ever read), but I don't think the alex90 is that bad. There are others here who are much worse.

True.

Still others being even worse doesn't make him ok.

DeletedUser

I guess hating poor grammar and spelling is why we're intolerant...

DeletedUser

You sound like my son, except that he says it should be considered justifiable homicide to shoot someone for it.

DeletedUser

Because it's fairly important that we communicate with eachother.

If we didn't, we wouldn't have survived long.

DeletedUser

ye thats a point but still, you mis-type , and all of the sudden almost a page of rants on grammer =(

DeletedUser

Typos are sometimes ok. Non-native speakers are fine. Other misspellings are unacceptable.

DeletedUser

One of the biggest problems with misspelled words is that many people on here have to use translators to write/read English. If words aren't spelled correctly, they don't translate properly and it's hard to communicate that way.