International Fort Battle Championship, Part 2! - Discussion!

Discussion in 'Saloon' started by Da Twista, Aug 15, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Kidd Kalypso

Kidd Kalypso Well-Known Member

Once you have submitted your entry, you are locked in as far as your gear goes I believe.

ScarletKisses and Da Twista like this.
  2. Dubjean

Dubjean Well-Known Member

Once again North and South America gets the short end with only having battles from 20:00-21:00. Can an event be set up to include these folks in the future?

Da Twista likes this.
  3. Citrus2.0

Citrus2.0 Member

No, it's the Far East that gets the short end. InnoGames is a German company so it's only logical that in global events the prime time is set according to CET = server time.

Nisa, fortfighter1 and Da Twista like this.
  4. futurama1001

futurama1001 The West Team Sheriff

How is that the short end for North and South America? It's called prime time for a reason. The vast majority of players on this server have always been from North America and Europe, and 20:00-21:00 has always been the time that allows as many players from those two regions to be online as possible. It's the middle of the day for you (depending on exactly which part of the continent you're from), you should try fort fighting from Australia or an Asian country where battles are always between 4 and 6am when we're either sleeping or getting ready for work. I really don't see what you have to complain about.

Nisa and Da Twista like this.
  5. Da Twista

Da Twista The West Team Community Manager

Usually the items in a town are placed there randomly, but I am sure we can sort out a preset inventory for every town so everyone has the same options.

All items that are upgradeable and tradeable on a regular world (Like here on EN), will be the same on the event server.

All players will be set to level 150. When you log into the world, your character will have 149 AP and 447 SP to spend.

It really doesn't matter which country InnoGames is situated in. The moderation team, the people running this event are from quite a few different countries all over the world. We are using the most active time (Prime time) to host the battles. All Community Managers from all the language servers were asked to provide a time best for their server, and we chose the best possible time that will accommodate most players.

ScarletKisses and dankolo like this.
  6. deiben

deiben Well-Known Member

Da Twista --

I see a lot of emphasis on "balance" relative to the previous IFBC.
    Congrats to you and your counterparts for focusing on this, for in the end, this time, it will be about leadership, tactics, energy, efforts, coordination, and team work.
    To this regards, all town shops for all teams and countries should be the same.
    If the EN team gets a PSSR in it's gunsmith, all other countries should have a PSSR in it's gunsmith.
    If Germany gets a blue bandana in it's tailor, all other countries should have a blue bandana in it's tailor.
    If Poland has a Yuma in it's shop, all other countries should have a Yuma in it's shop.

You're doing great in equalizing the playing field with fixed inventories, and if you can, identical shops.
    For at the end of a FF, with everything being equal, it will be the hardest working or most coordinated team that wins.

7. Mental Case

Mental Case Member

I'm glad for this Set-Up and leveling the Playing Field, well done. It is why the last IFBC was unbalanced. This could be a lot of Fun now tactics and Teamwork is the Key. Great! Looking forward :)

8. Dizzy Dee

Dizzy Dee Well-Known Member

Howdy, I signed up for the event. As i play on multiple worlds i can parcipate with an solider or an dueler. In the sign-up form is no field to select with what caracter type some1 wants to play.
    Best would be if leaders would define what profiles are mostly needed.
    Its also hard to chose an inv-pack if i dont know what caracter type i will use.

Da Twista likes this.
  9. asdf124

asdf124 Well-Known Member

You will be a greenhorn. You chose what you want in the alliance or town(since all 150 will be in 1 town.)
    The character would be just made up new.

10. fortfighter1

fortfighter1 Well-Known Member

Will all towns have the same items in shops or will one town be lucky enough to get advantage of a Precise single shot rifle if random picking of shop items which could be a advantage to that team.

Da Twista likes this.
  11. Da Twista

Da Twista The West Team Community Manager

I discussed this with the Event team this morning after I posted in this thread.

All shops for all servers will have the same items available. Most of these items will be available solely for the quests that require certain clothing items.
    We will throw in a handful of other useful items in the shops though.

12. Nisa

Nisa The West Team Marshal GM Master Deputy Sheriff

It is possible to change it. Just submit a new form.

Da Twista likes this.
  13. Dubjean

Dubjean Well-Known Member

The question was if an event could be set up in the future for others... such as varying the battle times. I get that Inno is from Germany but the game is played worldwide with many servers in different time zones. I'd rather have the choice of waking up early and being able to play than being at work and not having the option. ;)

14. dissembler

dissembler Well-Known Member

signed up. first time doing it. time of fights suits me and if not i can always change my sons bedtime to an hour earlier... he surely will understand why :p yeah right!! pew pew

Josie Wails, Nisa and Da Twista like this.
  15. N o x

N o x Well-Known Member

I signed up, again, was Nox from another server last time, the times suite me, am E Shrein from Dakota, LOL, I am in the central USA Time Zone, but have been living on server time for about 5 years now,o_O......... why, because I fort fight, is why I play, have been using an alarm to fight at 4AM my time, or what ever time..... this is particularly awesome to me, because it is geared to fort fighters, or as we call them in Dakota, Fort Fighters Anonymous , FFA....... in closing just want to say WOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT.. , hoka hey....... let's do this:cool:

good journey to you

E

Josie Wails, Nisa, dissembler and 2 others like this.
  16. 1Silhouette

1Silhouette New Member

Is the same possible for leader status if you want to change it - can you submit a new form?

Da Twista likes this.
  17. HIV-

HIV- Member

Week 1 - 28. september - 5. october
    week 2 - 6. october - 12. october
    week 3 - 13. october - 19. october
    week 4 - 20. october - 26. october
    week 5 - 27. october - 2. november
    week 6 - 3. november - 9. november
    week 7 - 10. november - 16. november
    end of group stage
    play-off in week 8 17. november - 23. november
    final stage
    week 9 24. november - 30. november
    week 10 1. december - 7. december
    week 11 8. december - 14. december

So you have 11 weeks, not only 10.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Second
    Why you want to fight only in 3 day per week? Remember to last contest and failure of servers. It was not good. It was terrible.

I don´t see any problems to fight every day from Monday to Sunday. Of course, every team will have only 2 or 3 battles per week but if the battles will be distribute to more days, everything will be more smoother.

Please mind on it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  18. Nisa

Nisa The West Team Marshal GM Master Deputy Sheriff

Yes you can. It is recommended to make sure you picked correct set and/or leader status, but if someone wants to do some changes it can be done at this stage.

N o x, Da Twista and 1Silhouette like this.
  19. im zid

im zid Active Member

Will the daily login bonus exist in tourny world?

Da Twista likes this.
  20. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Well-Known Member

Probably, since it's a core game feature, however all players will be level 150, so unless you really want those dank weapons....

N o x and Da Twista like this.