International Fort Battle Championship, Part 2! - Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubjean

Once again North and South America gets the short end with only having battles from 20:00-21:00. Can an event be set up to include these folks in the future?

DeletedUser22685

Once again North and South America gets the short end with only having battles from 20:00-21:00. Can an event be set up to include these folks in the future?
How is that the short end for North and South America? It's called prime time for a reason. The vast majority of players on this server have always been from North America and Europe, and 20:00-21:00 has always been the time that allows as many players from those two regions to be online as possible. It's the middle of the day for you (depending on exactly which part of the continent you're from), you should try fort fighting from Australia or an Asian country where battles are always between 4 and 6am when we're either sleeping or getting ready for work. I really don't see what you have to complain about.

DeletedUser8627

Will towns guarantee have Precise single shot rifle in their Gunsmith, and if the event sets we receive in our inventory will be tradable (Such as Black Bart Horse Set, Pizarro Armour Pieces, etc...)? Also, will be items upgradable ?

Usually the items in a town are placed there randomly, but I am sure we can sort out a preset inventory for every town so everyone has the same options.

All items that are upgradeable and tradeable on a regular world (Like here on EN), will be the same on the event server.

I am confused with regards to what level the players will have.

How many skill/attribute points will I have?
Number of skill and attribute points depends on your character level. Your character level will be set to level 150, which means you have leveled up 149 times. This means that the character has 149 attribute points and 149 * 3 (447) skill points.

Number of skill and attribute points depends on your character level.
OK so this I take as you get 3 skill points per level and one attribute.

Your character level will be set to level 150,
So we are all at level 150?

All players will be set to level 150. When you log into the world, your character will have 149 AP and 447 SP to spend.

No, it's the Far East that gets the short end. InnoGames is a German company so it's only logical that in global events the prime time is set according to CET = server time.

It really doesn't matter which country InnoGames is situated in. The moderation team, the people running this event are from quite a few different countries all over the world. We are using the most active time (Prime time) to host the battles. All Community Managers from all the language servers were asked to provide a time best for their server, and we chose the best possible time that will accommodate most players.

DeletedUser26820

Da Twista --

I see a lot of emphasis on "balance" relative to the previous IFBC.
Congrats to you and your counterparts for focusing on this, for in the end, this time, it will be about leadership, tactics, energy, efforts, coordination, and team work.
To this regards, all town shops for all teams and countries should be the same.
If the EN team gets a PSSR in it's gunsmith, all other countries should have a PSSR in it's gunsmith.
If Germany gets a blue bandana in it's tailor, all other countries should have a blue bandana in it's tailor.
If Poland has a Yuma in it's shop, all other countries should have a Yuma in it's shop.

You're doing great in equalizing the playing field with fixed inventories, and if you can, identical shops.
For at the end of a FF, with everything being equal, it will be the hardest working or most coordinated team that wins.

DeletedUser35352

Howdy, I signed up for the event. As i play on multiple worlds i can parcipate with an solider or an dueler. In the sign-up form is no field to select with what caracter type some1 wants to play.
Best would be if leaders would define what profiles are mostly needed.
Its also hard to chose an inv-pack if i dont know what caracter type i will use.

asdf124

Howdy, I signed up for the event. As i play on multiple worlds i can parcipate with an solider or an dueler. In the sign-up form is no field to select with what caracter type some1 wants to play.
Best would be if leaders would define what profiles are mostly needed.
Its also hard to chose an inv-pack if i dont know what caracter type i will use.
You will be a greenhorn. You chose what you want in the alliance or town(since all 150 will be in 1 town.)
The character would be just made up new.

fortfighter1

Will all towns have the same items in shops or will one town be lucky enough to get advantage of a Precise single shot rifle if random picking of shop items which could be a advantage to that team.

DeletedUser8627

Will all towns have the same items in shops or will one town be lucky enough to get advantage of a Precise single shot rifle if random picking of shop items which could be a advantage to that team.
I discussed this with the Event team this morning after I posted in this thread.

All shops for all servers will have the same items available. Most of these items will be available solely for the quests that require certain clothing items.
We will throw in a handful of other useful items in the shops though.

Dubjean

How is that the short end for North and South America? It's called prime time for a reason. The vast majority of players on this server have always been from North America and Europe, and 20:00-21:00 has always been the time that allows as many players from those two regions to be online as possible. It's the middle of the day for you (depending on exactly which part of the continent you're from), you should try fort fighting from Australia or an Asian country where battles are always between 4 and 6am when we're either sleeping or getting ready for work. I really don't see what you have to complain about.

The question was if an event could be set up in the future for others... such as varying the battle times. I get that Inno is from Germany but the game is played worldwide with many servers in different time zones. I'd rather have the choice of waking up early and being able to play than being at work and not having the option. ;)

DeletedUser37529

I signed up, again, was Nox from another server last time, the times suite me, am E Shrein from Dakota, LOL, I am in the central USA Time Zone, but have been living on server time for about 5 years now,o_O......... why, because I fort fight, is why I play, have been using an alarm to fight at 4AM my time, or what ever time..... this is particularly awesome to me, because it is geared to fort fighters, or as we call them in Dakota, Fort Fighters Anonymous , FFA....... in closing just want to say WOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT.. , hoka hey....... let's do this:cool:

good journey to you

E

DeletedUser38063

• Matches will be held for 10 weeks (Weeks 1 - 7: Group stage, Weeks 8 - 10: Finals stage)
  • Matches will be played from Monday to Saturday during each week. (Group stage: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, Finals stage: Wednesday and Saturday)
In the case of a draw between two teams occurring with relation to the number of points owned by that team, there will be a play-off match.

Week 1 - 28. september - 5. october
week 2 - 6. october - 12. october
week 3 - 13. october - 19. october
week 4 - 20. october - 26. october
week 5 - 27. october - 2. november
week 6 - 3. november - 9. november
week 7 - 10. november - 16. november
end of group stage
play-off in week 8 17. november - 23. november
final stage
week 9 24. november - 30. november
week 10 1. december - 7. december
week 11 8. december - 14. december

So you have 11 weeks, not only 10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Second
Why you want to fight only in 3 day per week? Remember to last contest and failure of servers. It was not good. It was terrible.

I don´t see any problems to fight every day from Monday to Sunday. Of course, every team will have only 2 or 3 battles per week but if the battles will be distribute to more days, everything will be more smoother.

Please mind on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.