International Fort Battle Championship, Part 2! - Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34781

remove my name also. not gonna waste my time on it after support staff members treatment.gl though

DeletedUser38775

I haven't played in a while, but this event sounds really exciting so throwing my name in there too :p
I do plan to be online for 90% or so of the battles, if that matters for selection.

Nisa

If EN has more than 300 applicants, cant we have 2 teams of 150 selected at random? More the merrier right?
It would also be fair to the other small servers because the luxury of selecting 150 FFers from a pool of 300+ can be an unfair advantage.
Just a suggestion.
I would love the opportunity to partake

That would be cool indeed but for now we have to wait for registrations to close and see the results on all servers then start from there.

@bosurker Everything will be announced but my guess is there will be few days to pick up the (best) players for EN team.

I would suggest to players that registered as possible leaders to do some preparations already, as deiben mentioned above with list of tasks. approximate plan of desired class numbers , chosen gear for eventual upgrade etc. More you come prepared the better and it can speed up things.

fortfighter1

Same question here. I signed up for the event but there are a couple of nights a week I won't be around so if that makes me offline for crucial battles it'll be better if someone else takes part. xx

Going by last event , a offline ghosting advent might be better than someone who does not turn up at all for some of the end battles so dont give up just yet

Deleted User - 1693871

Going by last event , a offline ghosting advent might be better than someone who does not turn up at all for some of the end battles so dont give up just yet

Thanks FF1. I threw my hat in the ring when entries were opened, but this time round no Musagete, and no Cvrchak is making me wonder who will be leading ... and making me less keen to participate.

DeletedUser26820

For a lot of toons, like myself, that have been begging and asking for a cross-world event like this again, it's disappointing to see any negativity expressed towards it. Give a thought to the efforts it takes to make an event like this happen. When a game won't incorporate basic, no-brainer improvements to it's own game, I don't understand complaining when it gives us, it's players, an additional opportunity to experience the game different from the day-to-day or next tombola stagnancy.

Embrace the opportunity and challenge.

asdf124

Thanks FF1. I threw my hat in the ring when entries were opened, but this time round no Musagete, and no Cvrchak is making me wonder who will be leading ... and making me less keen to participate.
It feels insulting to not even give a chance to someone new. You aren't psychic, and it is insulting cause it just means that everyone else is either bad or not as good.

DeletedUser36927

I did not get in last time, but am hoping I will be selected this time around. This IFBC #2 sounds even more exciting than the last one - pick me, pick me, pick me!!! :D Please :D I selected my Josie Bishop (Dakota) account on the registration as that was my first world. I am checking my email daily!!!

Deleted User - 1693871

It feels insulting to not even give a chance to someone new. You aren't psychic, and it is insulting cause it just means that everyone else is either bad or not as good.

It is a matter of my own enjoyment of the process. I entered, have reconsidered, and will contact the support team so they are aware that I'm withdrawing from the event.

DeletedUser15368

Maybe we could get a heads up? Signing up closed three days ago. Numbers signed, selection procedure, planning, etc.
Probably over 200, going by the activity/interest here.

I assume for selection, from how it was last time and the improvements that should be implemented from the selection process last time, Twista will appoint the leaders, and the leaders will select the team. Just a guess though. We should see some announcements very soon :)

DeletedUser37529

I see some wishing to remove their "hat" from the fort fight arena....... as for myself, if not chosen for the en server, gladly will I go somewhere else to get a chance to fight, we did not win the whole thing last time, but for myself was a memorable time, to fight beside many who I have fought against, we had good leaders I thought, but I do like the gear selection process this time, those level 5 PSSRs were hard to match last time, imo....... with things even, it will be a blast...... I am hopeful for those who did not get in last time, and I will be slightly disappointed :eek: if not chosen this time, but like I said, the experience is more than worth while.. send me where you will, rank me private if you must, but let me fight is all I have ever ask, and if I can not fight, I will root for those who make it in, and enjoy watching the battles...... we are gonna get to watch all the battles right?? please

DeletedUser14087

Any idia on how many ppl signed up?
So that i can calculate my chances of getting in.

DeletedUser38516

How are things progressing? German server has announced their team of 150 including leaders on Wednesday. The sooner we know the more there's time to prepare either way (for both those that participate and those that don't).

DeletedUser36927

I heard that Leaders are being selected, so I'm hoping that means we will know who got in and who didn't soon. We still have plenty of time, it's just that the anticipation is like being a kid waiting for Christmas day, or hoping that you are selected on the sports team, or waiting to hear if you got the job. It's exciting and stressful all at the same time. :eek: Does anyone know if you will get an email either way - accepted or rejected? Josie (Bishop)

Ah - foscock - I didn't see your comments until I posted. YAY - will be watching my email!!

Status
Not open for further replies.