International Fort Battle Championship! Discussion

DeletedUser33833

So please tell me again exactly what you will be testing? How is your testing going to benefit the championship?

We have already fixed many of the problems we had with the previous battles, problems that would otherwise have interfered and caused a disruption in the official battles. Something I don't think you would have wanted.

The further testing being done is EN and against another large team. I have access to the EN team on an admin level, which I need. We are also busy reviewing the scoring system at the moment among other things.

These are preparations we need to sort out. Allow us to do just that so you can have a successful event.
Well, you're talking about (server-based) problems. We're talking about fortbattle-strategies and stuff like that. Only England and Hungary are allowed to attack and defend a big fort (under these circumstances).

DeletedUser

The teams of each country are composed of people of over 10 gaming worlds, making it quite difficult getting to know each other in such a short period of time. These are problems all national teams will be facing, so having extra battles for trying out strategies and selecting appropriate leaders for the battles is essential for every nation.

Besides, all of us who are participating in this event are definately addicted to fort battles ;)

So it would have been nice not to be just spectator in the final battle.

DeletedUser

It should be fair for all players. That .Hu and .net get an extra match gives them quite a huge advance.

DeletedUser

ur server issus and problem u should have fixed the last weeks and years...this times u ignored this.

u only speak about this, but whats about fairness? de, russia, poland are big teams, too, why they can't have a second testfight?

why some countries have 5-6 days a fort to sleep???

u see u should think a bit more about fairness, and its realy not fair that the hosts get such privilegs like 2 fights and 1 big fort to sleep

DeletedUser8627

It should be fair for all players. That .Hu and .net get an extra match gives them quite a huge advance.

Yet no one complains about TR having a second fight either.

ur server issus and problem u should have fixed the last weeks and years...this times u ignored this.

u only speak about this, but whats about fairness? de, russia, poland are big teams, too, why they can't have a second testfight?

why some countries have 5-6 days a fort to sleep???

u see u should think a bit more about fairness, and its realy not fair that the hosts get such privilegs like 2 fights and 1 big fort to sleep

As I've said a few posts back, this is the first time we have held such an event. We are not aware of bugs or any problems that can occur since we have never used any of our worlds in this manner.

DeletedUser

As I've said a few posts back, this is the first time we have held such an event. We are not aware of bugs or any problems that can occur since we have never used any of our worlds in this manner.

this game has more bugs then everythink else

u still did not answer why u ignore fairness on a world championship

DeletedUser

why is EN attacking HU? it's not on schedule.

are we allowed to attack at will now to test our force in att/defs? all the nations should have that same right.

DeletedUser33833

It's simple - Priority.

Alright, let me guess...it is a coincidence that team EN will be the attacker in the fort-battle tomorrow?
Are there any reasons (except your access on the admin level) for only one fortbattle tomorrow?

Edit:
An easy solution would be more test-battles for the other teams.
Or remove the "sign-in"-restriction, if you only want to find and repair bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

thank you. and regarding the 2nd EN/HU battle tomorrow?

Please refer to my previous posts, I've already provided sufficient explanations.

Only the event co-ordinators may initiate fort battles, players may not unless instructed by an event co-ordinator to do so.

DeletedUser33833

Please refer to my previous posts, I've already provided sufficient explanations.

Only the event co-ordinators may initiate fort battles, players may not unless instructed by an event co-ordinator to do so.

So there will be no further fortbattles tomorrow? And you won't remove the "sign-in"-restriction?

DeletedUser

alright, I've read this now.

The further testing being done is EN and against another large team. I have access to the EN team on an admin level, which I need. We are also busy reviewing the scoring system at the moment among other things.

These are preparations we need to sort out. Allow us to do just that so you can have a successful event.

and then, I have another question. how come EN and HU can test tactics in both attack and defense and other nations cannot?

I understand you don't like to be harrassed and accused of something you aren't guilty of, and that you are probably going to have much of that being the event hosters as well as competing in it.
but please, don't give people a reason to do so.

DeletedUser

i like'd to testdeff against Romania, can the co-ordinators,co-ordinate this?

DeletedUser38001

Yes, please - 2 fights for every team or no team.
That the Turkish team got a second fight was not a problem, because we have a uneven number of participating teams. Therefore one team had to play a second fight - and in this case this was the Turkish team. This is comprehensible.

But the second fight for HU and EN only is just arbitrariness.

DeletedUser

It's normal that all of us have friendly games, not only some who has " priority". If they are special then you may declar them finalists and it's over.
Because of the short time until the start of official fights would be an idea to organize friendly between official fights so each team has the same number.

DeletedUser38105

it may be possible to reschedule Italy v Romania?we would start the fight at 0.00 during weektime,