Industry

DeletedUser

I like this idea very much. We've seen similar ideas but this is very well thought out and pretty flexible.

DeletedUser5046

yeah ..it is a nice idea..but it needs more discussion and more votes before anything else ;)

Diggo11

Well here's an example of the "Warehouse Job". Note it has a different name to "Picking Cotton". Also I decided the XP gain should be 30% to represent what level this is aimed at: Level 30. (3SP + 1AP) * 30 = 120

industry1.jpg

industry2.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Now that I'm thinking further about this, I have to change my stance on these jobs. I think we'll create some confusion if we have multiple jobs with similar names. Think about the number of people who ask how to take down posters, for instance -- and then there's Trading vs. Trading with Indians. KISS.

Perhaps I'm being too paranoid about this, but I'd feel better if each job were clearly distinct from all others.

DeletedUser3773

Looks good Diggo, luap nor has a good point we might want to change it to something like growing cotton, But the job should appear in the new building like sleeping does

Diggo11

Now that I'm thinking further about this, I have to change my stance on these jobs. I think we'll create some confusion if we have multiple jobs with similar names. Think about the number of people who ask how to take down posters, for instance -- and then there's Trading vs. Trading with Indians. KISS.

Perhaps I'm being too paranoid about this, but I'd feel better if each job were clearly distinct from all others.
Silly Luap.

The job won't be visible until you are around level 15. By this time people should have gotten a better understanding of the game and be less confused. Also the fact is starts with different words is less confusing; it would be confusing if they both began with the word cotten (eg. cotton planting and cotton growing).

DeletedUser

:nowink:.

The job won't be visible until you are around level 15. By this time people should have gotten a better understanding of the game and be less confused. Also the fact is starts with different words is less confusing; it would be confusing if they both began with the word cotten (eg. cotton planting and cotton growing).

well, it also fepends on your build too.

DeletedUser

Silly Luap.

Methinks you underestimate the confusion power of noobdom. :unsure: But, it's your idea, so do what you want.

Diggo11

Perhaps. But after all its English skills used to differentiate between Picking and Harvesting Cotton, not game skills. Plus by 15 you have progressed from noob to newbie :p

Diggo11

Of course its good. Unfortunately no-one (except me) seems to think its VERY good enough to continuously bump it until Gem thinks "Why not vote on it?"

DeletedUser

Darn, I need to start using the Search. I already posted on the same (basically) idea.