Industry

DeletedUser

I think he's just clarifying that player don't work on it, which some people might of thought if he said 'here workers mine' as it sounds like a job. Therefore no is the answer.

DeletedUser

Yes, but hiring NPC workers sounds like you would have to pay for them per week or something like that.

DeletedUser

ike gem said that idea is ood but i have suggested stables beofre and people did not like it.

DeletedUser

He never said anything about hiring did he? And surely that would apply to all.

DeletedUser

i think this idea could work but (the op)

the ideas need to be more thought out. it saysd that you sell the gold for the proper price but gold is not in the game. ;)

and if this is the case and it is say tweice the price of silver so you could get 200$ for each one then the other advantages you would not miss as all the money from gold mining would replac that i.e you can get the stuff that would have been chepaer as you can afford it now anyway.

DeletedUser

@Gem I know. But if you're hiring (he never said the word 'hire') people for mining surely you'd hire people to catch and look after horses, process raw cotton, and sell tickets and take in bets?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I still think it needs a bit tweaking, but again, pretty satisfied with the idea itself.

Diggo11

I'm not the OP, I'm just throwing out my list of buildings and bonuses. I guess its really up to all you guys how it works. If you want I can think about it and get back to you though.

DeletedUser

i just think the mine should be change perhaps and some more added, like instead of just cotton it could end up farmin more than one product.

Diggo11

The whole point is to make the Tailor items cheaper, who cares what name you give the product? Besides most clothes are made of COTTON.

Diggo11

So after a review I shall conclude:

1. Stables (Levels 1-5)

Stables have been constructed so wild horses can be caught and kept. At level 1 Ponys are 25% cheaper, at level 2 Mustangs are also 25% cheaper, etc.

The reduced price is only available after preforming the [modified] job "Breaking in horses". This allows ONE horse to be sold at the reduced price, so if you wish to purchase two horses you must preform the job twice, etc. Anyway Breaking in Horses would be designed for soldiers and would require: 2x Dodging, Reflex, Toughness and Tactics. Alternatively you may pay a NPC to preform the job, the money CAN come from the town treasury.

2. [Unnamed] (Level 1-3)

This building will make all other General Store items cheaper. Level 1 is 5%, level 2 is 10% and level 3 is 20%.

For the reduced price to be available the job [unnamed] must be preformed for one hour that day. This job would be designed for duellers and would require: 2x Aim, Shooting, Vigor and Appearance. Alternatively you may pay a NPC to preform the job, the money CAN come from the town treasury.

3. Mines (Level 1-3)

Here workers mine iron and other minerals to produce cheaper weapons. At level 1 weapons are 5% cheaper, level 2 is 10% cheaper and level 3 is 15% cheaper.

For the reduced price to be available the [modified] job "Mining Iron" must be preformed for one hour that day. This job would be designed for Workers and would require: 2x Construction, Stamina, Repairing and Leadership. Alternatively you may pay a NPC to preform the job, the money CAN come from the town treasury.

4. Warehouse (Level 1-3)

Here cotton is stored in a surplus, so less money is spent on imports during deficits. At level 1 all items in the tailor are 2%, level 2 is 5% cheaper and level 3 is 10%.

For the reduced price to be available the [heaps modified] job "Picking Cotton" must be preformed for one hour that day. This job would be designed for Adventurers and would require: 2x Setting Traps, 2x Trading and Horseback Riding. Alternatively you may pay a NPC to preform the job, the money CAN come from the town treasury.

5. Stadium (Level 1-3) [debatable/controversial]

A stadium has been constructed for the local rodeo contest. Betting and ticket sales are producing large revenues for the town. Level 1 is producing a trickle of $X per week towards the towns treasury and level 2 is $2X per week. Level 3 is giving providing players with 1% bank interest per day.

For the weeks trickle to be received the [modified] job "Cowboy" must have been preformed for 14 hours that week. For the days Bank Interest the job must have been preformed for two hours that day. This job wouldn't favour any class and would require: Aim, Dodging, Construction, Trapping and Trading. Alternatively you may pay a NPC to preform the job (again the money CAN come from the town treasury), but this would obviously reduce income.

Jobs

All jobs would have 0% Income and X% Experience. Luck would be 0% and Danger would be 20%.

Breaking in Horses: This job would be designed for so that a "pure mobility/tactics" character could access the job with one labour point at level 30.

[Unnamed]: This job would be designed for so that a "pure dexterity/appearance" character could access the job with one labour point at level 30.

Mining Iron: This job would be designed for so that a "pure strength/construction" character could access the job with one labour point at level 30.

Picking Cotton: This job would be designed for so that a "pure dexterity/setting traps" or "pure charisma/trading" character could access the job with one labour point at level 30.

NPC Labourer: A NPC labourer will charge for their services. You may choose to pay a flat rate or percentage tax. The flat rate is the average level of the town multiplied by 5, the percentage tax halves the effectiveness of your bonus.

How does everybody like this?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Picking Cotton: This job would be designed for so that a "pure dexterity/setting traps" or "pure charisma/trading" character could access the job with one labour point at level 30.
Are you proposing a replacement for the cotton-picking job we already have?