Industry

DeletedUser

From Carolus666 who asked me again to translate a "idea" from him to English and post it here. So here it goes:

Well in America there was industrie off course. Well what if we try to put that in the game?
In every town there is one piece of land free on the background for building some factories on them.

Cities would have the choose what they want to build. The profit from this building would go to the city’s coffers.

1) Cattle breeding farm
LvL 1 You can only breed cows
LvL 2 You can breed cows and pigs
LvL 3 You can breed cows, pigs and donkeys
LvL 4 You can breed cows, pigs, donkeys and pony’s
LvL 5 you can breed cows, pigs, donkeys and Quarter horses

Cows and pigs you can sell to farmers or the slaughterhouse for extra money in the city’s coffers.
Donkeys you can sell to farmers or you could use them in your own city’s merchant so you ge tan additional 25% reduction on the price of the donkey there.
With pony’s you can sell them to farmers or trough your own General Store with the 25% reduction on the price of pony’s.
The same goes for the Quarter horses.

2) Mine
LvL 1 you can only mine Iron
LvL 2 You can mine silver
LvL 3 You can mine gold
LvL 4 You can mine diamonds

Iron you can sell to the government or use for your weaponsmith so you get a 25% discount on al the guns.
Silver, Gold and Diamonds you can sell to the government for the usual sellprice

3) Cotton-farm
LvL 1 to 5 you can only produce cotton

You can sell it to a weaver or use it for your Tailor for a 25% discount.

4) Lumbermill
LvL 1 to 5 you can only produce Lumber

With the lumber you to LVL 3 you can build the other building in your city cheaper, with LvL 4 and 5 your building time reduces.

DeletedUser

Sounds good. On 1 did you forget ponys on lvl 5, or are they replaced by quarter horses? One other small point, they didn't have factories then, but thats probably a quirk of the translation.

DeletedUser

One other small point, they didn't have factories then, but thats probably a quirk of the translation.

The Industrial Revolution started in the 18th century, long before the era of the game, and there were factories before then.

I question the same thing Timo did. Why are ponies suddenly no longer available and why leave such a huge gap in animals, from the 2nd worst animal straight to the best animal?

There's also some conflict in mines. Iron and silver are already in game. Gold isn't, but fool's gold is, which is worth far less than silver. It may seem odd, but silver mining is much more lucrative than prospecting. Diamonds also aren't in game, but gemstones are. The mines should all involve things that are already in game, or are not in game, not a mixture of both, which is just going to cause confusion.

DeletedUser

well I agree. But then can we find mechine guns around once we have the required resoures. BUT.... what about cloth and all other things that can be manfunchoned?

DeletedUser3773

Tis a god Idea that would make things a little more interesting

DeletedUser

This has potential; I'd like to see what the devs would do with it. Might take some thought to balance out the benefits of this toward speeding up town construction once done vs. the ******ation it would bring in the form of having to divert construction efforts toward building up the industry building(s) (if a town chose to do that).

DeletedUser

Just need some clarification. The towns can't have all of those but instead have to choose which industry they want to build up?

DeletedUser

How about it depends on if we can donate raw products into stuff too. Like rolls of cloth can be turned into clothes and mixed with others it could make countless shirts and hats. Or maybe Iron and silver could make weapons. Whiskey and grains make alcohol. Well thats a few

DeletedUser

I like it, although I agree that it should either be all new items or all items that are already in the game.

Diggo11

I feel like being sceptical, but this is such a good idea that I won't be.

Anyway as Luap and Elymr pointed out the bonuses are so unbalanced that they would have to be re-worked. Still that doesn't detract from the whole concept.

DeletedUser

i would change cotton farm to textile mill and each level adds a fabric (ie Linen,cotton,silk ,lace etc) and perhaps the lumber mill would have diffrent kinds of wood for milling (ie Redwood,Pine,Oak Etc) Good idea though

DeletedUser

The main issue I would have that if you can only choose one manufactory (I use the term deliberately as it's in period), then the lumber mill will be completely redundant once the town is maxed out... I would suggest that what you can build is dependent on the town's point level (and possibly also tied to the town hall level and residences level).

So, at 1000 point and a town hall level 2, you can build a lumber mill level 1 and a ranch (not cattle farm - ranch would be better) level 1. I would also set up a build tree for the different manufactories.

DeletedUser

The main issue I would have that if you can only choose one manufactory (I use the term deliberately as it's in period), then the lumber mill will be completely redundant once the town is maxed out... I would suggest that what you can build is dependent on the town's point level (and possibly also tied to the town hall level and residences level).

So, at 1000 point and a town hall level 2, you can build a lumber mill level 1 and a ranch (not cattle farm - ranch would be better) level 1. I would also set up a build tree for the different manufactories.

You're thinking it as tribal wars here. lets not make it like tribal wars from this point of tribal wars.

DeletedUser

Some errors are idd because of the translation.

And the fact from the products was said on the .nl forum too, but only afther i posted it here... Probably in a few days I'm gona do some rewriting, when I find more time, it's a bit of a busy periode.