Incoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I reckon this update should be implemented on world 6 once it comes around. Because then it doesnt cause uproar on already running worlds.

They do that on Tribal Wars and it works without arguments...

DeletedUser

I reckon this update should be implemented on world 6 once it comes around. Because then it doesnt cause uproar on already running worlds.

They do that on Tribal Wars and it works without arguments...

I agree with that and also think they need to raise the experience value for town construction, since it is really jacked now.

DeletedUser

Inequalities of building job reconstruction and a possible solution

I've witnessed the past changes to jobs that forced my character to reduce their potential work opportunities substantially and now by decreasing the use of construction skill when building structures in a town has dropped my once relatively fast growing town into an even more competitive market structure. I realize the long-term benefits of such revisions but all the towns and character who are already highly skilled have a great advantage while the majority of the towns having not nearly achieved such marks will see a much gloomier future. To help offset the clear differences in the futures of towns and characters additional quests could draw the market forces closer together. The quests could only be completed by characters under particular levels and the storyline and prizes should be relatively simple. Example:
Help Henry Walker, the barkeeper obtain 7 items of corn so he can brew some new whiskey. Reward: $150
Every 4 levels a new quest could be created up until level 20. If the rewards are just cash gifts or level 2-4 basic items it would not give the new comers to much of an unfair advantage and would better compensate for their losses created by these new rules. Thus, in short the new rules may have long term benefits to the game (and let us not forget the ability to generate future premium driven revenue) but will decrease the willingness to play of less experienced players and decreases the will to develop smaller to midsized towns. So, by creating 'subsidies' (except without creating any real cost) we can better achieve a more competitive marketplace.

DeletedUser

Why do all the changes seem to PUNISH some group of people in the current worlds???
Why not just apply the rules to NEW world's, so everyone is on a level playing field, otherwise the big towns will get bigger & the small towns won't have ANY chance to catch up. I am getting fed up with every game up date making things harder & harder and only benefiting the big guys.

I UNDERSTAND that certain dynamics need to change, but punishing newer members in a world by making those changes DISCOURAGES people from joining older worlds and if that stops, than this game is toast. The total number of people playing has already been dropping. :-(

DeletedUser

Sure w4 may have 80K people, but the first 3 worlds only have about 80K COMBINED or barely enough people to play with, since most long term players are already set in their towns.

DeletedUser

Lmfao shut up :laugh:

Thats good, but its too much work and too complicated for the people who make these changes. But that might even add strategy to simply building, which means we get different types of builders. :eek: hmmm

I mean I don't pay for overpriced premium so they can take the easy way. I think that skills should actually affect things in the game besides what jobs you can do and how much you get from them. Add some more strategy to the game.

And to address this update. It may not be bad thing if they give discounted or free shaman. Maybe a repeatable daily quest that gives you 5 point relocations for free. That way we don't have to pay outrageously to make our builds optimal again. It might also give players who messed bad a chance to fix this. I would settle for this compromise at least.

DeletedUser

Why do all the changes seem to PUNISH some group of people in the current worlds???
Why not just apply the rules to NEW world's, so everyone is on a level playing field, otherwise the big towns will get bigger & the small towns won't have ANY chance to catch up. I am getting fed up with every game up date making things harder & harder and only benefiting the big guys.

I UNDERSTAND that certain dynamics need to change, but punishing newer members in a world by making those changes DISCOURAGES people from joining older worlds and if that stops, than this game is toast. The total number of people playing has already been dropping. :-(

I agree why do we keeping changing horses in mid stream so to speak. Changes of this type to to occur when a new world opens. Leave the old worlds alone. The builders in my town have spent almost a month getting there skills to where they are now just so some idiot that most likely is not even playing the game thinks this will help.

DeletedUser

This is a great thing, it's just too bad it came in so late. And I just don't get why people are complaining about how this ruins their 'build'? I have a builder in world 3 and this doesn't affect my build at all since I dump all my points in construction anyways. I'm not going to change that after this update either, since it still gives 2-to-1 on building.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is a great thing, it's just too bad it came in so late. And I just don't get why people are complaining about how this ruins their 'build'? I have a builder in world 3 and this doesn't affect my build at all since I dump all my points in construction anyways. I'm not going to change that after this update either, since it still gives 2-to-1 on building.

Right now with ever XP level up you can add 1 strength & 3 construction.
CURRENTLY that will give base boost of 12 to total building skill.
Under the new method it will give a boost of 9 or 25% less.

DeletedUser

Some changes, like Hotel glitch, showing female characters, etc can & should be updated for ALL worlds, but SERIOUS changes, like moving the jobs, changing building skills, etc should ONLY apply to NEW worlds.

DeletedUser

well they just unbalanced the game totally.
the change to construction should be in new worlds.
other wise you are handicapping those towns with lower points.
well since these changes i dont agree with guess it will be a charge back for my premiums.

why not change the real problems with the game.
1> anyone over level 20 can be attacked even if not a town member.(player leave town go and work then rejoin town and put money into town funds and bank.)
2> make the time after leaving a town 1 day before joining a new town, and 1 week before they can leave the new town.
3> due to the changes in 1> make adventure bonus 10% of items in the stores and remove free sleeping in towns

we sat back and took the job changes , i can not and will accept this one

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well it makes it better if you want to other things too! surely stamina should be included in the attacking side of the duels too? as you would need stamina to attack some one else or maybe under defence as you may need it to defend your self too!... just an idea!:)

DeletedUser

im not a builder. but a worker. unlike specialized builders not all of my skills go into construction, yet i hate this. this is unfair. this is totally unfair. it will slow my towns construction rate and cost us even more.

WHy stamina? its silly.

DeletedUser

prob cause they will do something to get more money out of us at some point... like not many people pay for this game... I have in the past and found it quite pointless! lol!

DeletedUser8083

not good

some people have just added construction to there character specifically to build towns and now thats going to be pointless and a waste of time are they going to compensate those people or just say tough
i beleive it is very unfair indeed

DeletedUser

It's a terrible idea

People have devoted a lot of time to building characters. Why screw with their key function? Between this and moving the location of all the jobs around with the last update, I'm thinking my time would be better served doing something other than playing this game.

DeletedUser

I would also like to express my disagreement.
I purposely made a builder to help my town, because I knew not too many people wanted to do so, but I didn't mind.
I have put a lot of skill into construction due to this and now find out that many of those points may have been wasted.

IF we could get free total respecs, then maybe, but I think it's better to leave this for new worlds instead.

Diggo11

I don't suppose they will refund 33% of our construction skill points to put towards stamina? Really this is just wasting our countless hours of work and hard earned cash.

The rest of the update is good though.

DeletedUser

i think it kinda bites little towns aint going up as fast as thay want mendoza in world5 for example hit an impass an is stuck needs more money faster an building faster is all thats inportant for now lol ok i feel better lol

Status
Not open for further replies.