Incoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have a brand new town, with a fairly new builder. Get some levels by doing building JOBS instead of just trying to build up the town, and put some points into stamina. Life is what it is, things happen, so adapt and roll with the punches. If you stand up straight and try to oppose it, it'll knock you flat on your face. Go with it, and then come back with some sort of intelligence, and you'll knock it on its face.

DeletedUser

I don't suppose they will refund 33% of our construction skill points to put towards stamina? Really this is just wasting our countless hours of work and hard earned cash.

The rest of the update is good though.

If you were refunded 33% of your construction skill points, and then assigned them all to stamina you would end up with worse labour points for construction than if you'd just left it.

Each construction skill point you were refunded would decrease your labour points by 2, each refunded skill point you assign to stamina would only increase it by 1.

DeletedUser

If you were refunded 33% of your construction skill points, and then assigned them all to stamina you would end up with worse labour points for construction than if you'd just left it.

Each construction skill point you were refunded would decrease your labour points by 2, each refunded skill point you assign to stamina would only increase it by 1.

Why make this change at all? What is the rationale reason for it?

DeletedUser

So that we don't have supertowns everywhere. I joined a town in world 4, Jackalope, and within about two weeks, we had gone from a tiny town with a few level one buildings, to several level 4 and 3 buildings. We only had three dedicated builders, and we weren't even trying that hard. That's the rationale behind the decision, from what I see. It's truly not that hard to make a town.

DeletedUser363

I think that the developers should add this update in a new world and leave the existing worlds the same. I think this update will just make more players quit the game because their towns will be built slower and they won't get a chance to buy new items. Where do the developers get these horrible ideas from?

DeletedUser

as a build i would not want my points back. if this goes ahead only thing they can do for me is refund all my points and my class. i would change to dueller no point being a builder.
then what towns start to grow so slow they have to change it back. because most builder would do the same thing and change. apart from those with multi accounts.

DeletedUser3325

I hope that someday will they update, 48 knock out. Couse I don't know when that period expires. And It's a lil bit annoying too look at reports and count. maybe there can make some kind of timer.

DeletedUser

There are a lot of people that went by the standards that were given. They built their character to be better at certain things. Now the game can just take that part away. Well if they can do that they should allow us to change our character at any point in time. I know life Is not fare, but when the mods start messing with peoples characters like that I'm sure they are going to have to do a lot of refunds to some people. Or compensate them somehow.
They stated thats what it took to build the town building. Thats the way it should stay. The main ingredient in apple pie is apples. I'm guessing some wont get their cake and eat it too.
Basically the game goes one way for some. The ones that got the opportunity to get there buildings up all the way. Then the ones that probly wont get the chance for another 5 months or so.
I think this is just to big of a change for the game. It effects to many peoples character, but a lot of people gets out unchanged. It really is unfair.

DeletedUser

I'm seriously annoyed by these constant changes, effecting towns that aren't already built up, effecting players with lower levels. You would think you would have some consideration for these towns and people when upgrading.

At current I have to gain 30 more skill points just so I can complete a quest for a job that was already opened to me.

My town has to work much harder then towns that achieved lvl 5 hotels before your update effecting the hotel.

A bit of consideration goes along way, instead of updating old worlds with these minor updates, why not leave them alone and save it for World 6.

I don't want to here about another update to my world unless it involves better weapons, town improvements, etc....none of this twiking of skills required to work a job, or build something. You give a huge advantage to older players, which just is unfair.

DeletedUser

I think that the developers should add this update in a new world and leave the existing worlds the same. I think this update will just make more players quit the game because their towns will be built slower and they won't get a chance to buy new items. Where do the developers get these horrible ideas from?
some of them are probly playing the game and want a better advantage. :p

DeletedUser

some of them are probly playing the game and want a better advantage. :p
That is a dangerous accusation. I'll give you points for having the brass to say that, but you get none for brains.

DeletedUser363

I really don't think the developers are playing. If they were then they would have all the premium advantages and could easily give themselves every item in the game.

DeletedUser

I deliberately started on world two with the goal of becoming a top builder based on knowledge I gained from world one.

Im currently ranked in the top 10 with 198 (soon to be 202) construction skill.

Suddenly it feels those months of spending 4 hours a day building (I have around 240 construction hours under my belt) and grinding to gain levels are a waste that I could have spent on another class, in which case I would probably be a top 20-30 experience player with cash coming out my ears rather than top 150 scraping together enough to buy my equipment and rushing to get upgrades in before the next town construction nerf.

[edit]
Im not joking about possibly being top 20-30 either,

Latest job report from my adventurer on world 4, who is already level 29 after a couple of weeks and I expect to catch up to my world 2 builder in about another 2 weeks.

Hunting grizzly bears
time: 2 hours
wage: $ 39
199 Experience points

And heres a example of him stealing horses:

Stealing Horses

Time: 2 hours
Wage: $ 210
66 Experience points
Luck:
poncho_black.png

saddle.png

Thats $377 from a single job.

This adventurer doesn't belong to a town, he doesn't need to.
Free hotel, and enough money from his cash jobs to buy items outright without having to join a town?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i agree its ridiculous, this will further discourage people from building because we are being further victimized where as other classes are not, if anything start this update on a new world so every single town is on even level, this only benefits towns that are maxed

DeletedUser

Personally, I never understood the point of being a builder. It is a dead end class for most people who don't want to found an empire and, as stated before, skills don't need to be reallocated because the cons skill will still give the most bang for your buck.

I founded a town as an adventurer on W3 and have 169 skill points (inc. gear) for building without ever having developed my character specifically as a builder. This will drop to 139 with the change, and that isn't shabby.

Towns with good citizens who work hard and contribute will be just fine, imo. I think this benefits builders who want to expand their available jobs without taking too much away from their main focus. And if they can do more (and better) jobs, that means more money for building anyway.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't mind keeping those 30 points I'm going to lose. I just don't think it is all that devastating. And I think I'll wait until we know what else is coming in the new update before I pass judgement.

DeletedUser

I deliberately started on world two with the goal of becoming a top builder based on knowledge I gained from world one.

Im currently ranked in the top 10 with 198 (soon to be 202) construction skill.

Suddenly it feels those months of spending 4 hours a day building (I have around 240 construction hours under my belt) and grinding to gain levels are a waste that I could have spent on another class, in which case I would probably be a top 20-30 experience player with cash coming out my ears rather than top 150 scraping together enough to buy my equipment and rushing to get upgrades in before the next town construction nerf.

[edit]
Im not joking about possibly being top 20-30 either,

Latest job report from my adventurer on world 4, who is already level 29 after a couple of weeks and I expect to catch up to my world 2 builder in about another 2 weeks.

Hunting grizzly bears
time: 2 hours
wage: $ 39
199 Experience points

And heres a example of him stealing horses:

Stealing Horses

Time: 2 hours
Wage: $ 210
66 Experience points
Luck:
poncho_black.png

saddle.png

Thats $377 from a single job.

This adventurer doesn't belong to a town, he doesn't need to.
Free hotel, and enough money from his cash jobs to buy items outright without having to join a town?

You can't compare being a builder and an adventurer, Tunk. I just feel that they just aren't the same.

Some folks will probably just never choose a builder character - simply because a builder needs to be responsible and continuously building for his/her town which will not suit carefree, I-do-as-I-please types.

I have a builder character on World 3 and besides fairly good xp, the intrinsic satisfaction and rewards come from when I complete a building in town. Builder characters are more "sacrificial" type characters - doing more for others than any of the other character classes.

With regards to this update and change, I guess we can't please everyone. I recall seeing some previous threads saying that it should take for longer for a town to be maxed. It just doesn't make sense for towns to be maxed so quickly. Yeah, true imo.

Hence the developers tweak the skill requirements for builders to ensure that towns take a longer time to build and will cost us more. And then we grouch that its unfair for the smaller towns/builders.

Realistically, I guess every update or new change will take some adjusting to. Perhaps, we should see how this would really impact things and the game overall first.

Anyways, change is fun imo, staying the same is boring :)

DeletedUser

I already know a builder is essentially a sacrificial character, but to make them lambs aswell is a bit much imo.

Builders require funds to build, adventurers (or trapper/trading based builds) literally urinate funds which is part of the problem.

For example, from personal experience again:
DCD II was initially bank rolled by a single adventurer, with 18000 in funds.
This allowed me and my army of builders to do our thing in a very short time.
In any other circumstance we would be sitting idle half the time as we dont have many dedicated cash cows and I have a system in place to avoid wastage via difficulty.
We have since used 28k in funds over 250 hours of building.
Averaging roughly 69cp/h, or in terms of labour points a average of roughly 360lp per builder.

We are sitting at 16.25k points, at our current rate it will cost 79k to max the town with 660 construction hours.
This is a team of 7 builders, so roughly 24 days to max if we are funded and everyone does their thing (most only put 2 hours a day so more like 50-55 days).

In the same time a adventurer can happily supply roughly 12-25k of that depending on build and premiums, so we only need 3-6 adventurers to fund 7 builders to complete a town in two months.

DeletedUser8083

i believe that if the moderaters can change the game this drasticly so that all ones hard work in setting up a character for a specific purpose becomes a waste of time then they should allow free movement of skills earned to compinsate the changes if they can change things i dont see why we cant change our characters skills for free as well

DeletedUser

The game is still in it's beta phase. There will be alot of changes before it leaves that. We all know that, and we all know that there will be a lot of changes to balance the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.