Incoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

All the changes they make to slow things down will never work. The most active players will always be the front runners. I am already hiring more builders to make up for the loss that will happen with the change. Lose 33% of build speed hire 33% more builders. It is just a shame that they want to change current worlds rather than implement the change on world 6 when it opens.

DeletedUser

Whats there to be so upset about?

Every builder will hate this new update

I don't hate this change at all. In fact I see it as a good thing.

So my Builder's LP points go down in town. So what. I was never all for maxing my town out fast anyways. Lago City is far from completed. Some of our builders Ive told to stop building for a bit and get levels.

This change, with my adjustment for it, will allow me to do more jobs outside of construction hence less boredom.

I also see little need to put off the updates to a new worlds. This game is still newish. As more information is gained about how its working they want to fix it. I myself call it good management. If everyone hadnt worked so hard to max things in towns so fast, maybe this change wouldn't have come about.

DeletedUser

I don't see what the uproar is about. Your construction points are NOT wasted, as they give more labor points for building then any other stat, therefore, those who put all their points into construction still have the best labor points. Also, the claims that this will prevent smaller towns from catching up to bigger towns are ridiculous. Smaller towns will catch up the way they were supposed to, slowly. Everything transpires in time. Those towns willing to slowly build up will become the big towns of tomorrow, those towns not willing to have patience will get nowhere.

DeletedUser

totaly agree. it doesnt change nothing. the towns that are maxed arent efected, and all who are afected are afected equaly. so dont worry. as for my experience. all towns ive been to grew up too fast. there arent anyone who can use weapons from the totaly maxed town, tho there are such towms.

DeletedUser

Another thought on slowing things down. Stop the rotation. I cannot kick a person that joins my town for 24 hours. But a person that joins my town can leave as soon as he joins. This 24 hour rule of not being kicked is not right. My town has lost money due to idiots that won't read the rules and start building as soon as they join when they don't have the skills to build.

DeletedUser

Instead of changing skills needed (decrease effectiveness by 25%) for building I would rather increase building points needed for all constructions (by 25%). This way there will be no discrimination and still the effect will be the same, but some towns will drop down with their already built buildings because when you sum up already built points, you have lover building's level.

DeletedUser

there would still be a lot complaining, tho to max again it wouldnt hurt the top towns already.
bad idea.

DeletedUser

I still think a good number of workers will get tired of playing if they implement this

DeletedUser

It gives them a reason to play longer. When their town is full what is there left to do? Go on and build another town? well then they can stay in their first town longer now.

DeletedUser

i dont see why you guys would WANT to get a refund of you construction skills because if you did this you be EVEN WORSE off, because it take away from the double construction and its not like your stamina sucks either because you get 1 per lvl if your smart. and i still like this idea even though it will make the good towns better but then the small towns will have more motivation to become better. i for one like a challenge.

DeletedUser

i dont see why you guys would WANT to get a refund of you construction skills because if you did this you be EVEN WORSE off, because it take away from the double construction and its not like your stamina sucks either because you get 1 per lvl if your smart. and i still like this idea even though it will make the good towns better but then the small towns will have more motivation to become better. i for one like a challenge.

i don't see where the motivation increase will be. Because u know, if things change without you being able to help that, then your morale will go down, not the other way around. If i would come to you and say, hey, i know u have a credit and payed 500$ / month. You know what, to have more fun and increase your motivation, you'll have to pay 1000$/month. It's not like i will ask you for other things, or like you'll not have some money, if you're smart. So, pay up 1000$ and i don't see why you would want to complain about it.

DeletedUser

your examples are ridiculous.

have you signed some kind a contract or treaty or anything with the developers where they are obliged to not implement any changes if they think its necesary ?

or do you invested money or time in this product so you could have some kind a voice in the decision making ?

they are free of doing whatever they like to achieve their goals. if their goal is balanced game i just jay "go for it".

if you dont like something, you have one right for sure. and that right is to quit the game.

oh btw
if you like money examples ill give you one which should represent your situation atm:
"oh no, the price of food has risen ! lousy mo*** f*****, have they thought about me ? i know what im gonna go. i will stop eating at all, that will teach them"

DeletedUser3741

Pure Builders are STILL people who only raise construction

Just because the impact was REDUCED doesnt mean its not the best anymore

Pure Construction Builders are still needed, wanted, and should be made

DeletedUser

your examples are ridiculous.

have you signed some kind a contract or treaty or anything with the developers where they are obliged to not implement any changes if they think its necesary ?

or do you invested money or time in this product so you could have some kind a voice in the decision making ?

they are free of doing whatever they like to achieve their goals. if their goal is balanced game i just jay "go for it".

if you dont like something, you have one right for sure. and that right is to quit the game.

oh btw
if you like money examples ill give you one which should represent your situation atm:
"oh no, the price of food has risen ! lousy mo*** f*****, have they thought about me ? i know what im gonna go. i will stop eating at all, that will teach them"

I am sure u read the conditions of the "contract" with the game devels (you know, that tiny think with "I accept the terms and conditions" you mark before creating a new account http://www.the-west.net/index.php?page=register). So, if you read http://www.the-west.net/help.php?article=rules there's no indication the game will change constantly. No indication it won't. So, if you are really interested, the condition don't specify anything. So, this works in both directions: they change and we complain. So, my example is not if they had or not the right 2 change the rules, but about the fact this is annoying. If you would chose to accept it, it's your choice (it might have a link that you are in a maxed town in w3, so don't really care about the loss anyway). But don't deny the right that others do feel this is not normal.

ps: if you would read the loan contract before signing it, probably you'll see a little statement with "the bank has the right to change the commission and loan rate at anytime". But i bet you won't like it, even if it's ok with the contract

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

im pretty sure at the same contract you clicked "yes" there is some kind of chapter which would announce stuff about crucial changes in game development which are done by developers if they think its necesary.

if you're afraid of the wolfs, dont go to the woods

DeletedUser

im pretty sure at the same contract you clicked "yes" there is some kind of chapter which would announce stuff about crucial changes in game development which are done by developers if they think its necesary.

if you're afraid of the wolfs, dont go to the woods

Hey, then let's have criminals out of prison, they are there because people got scared of they, and wanted to be safe. If they don't want 2 be killed, just don't go outside the house. Nice attitude.
Isn't it nice to "not care" when you are in a maxed town? I bet it is. And also easy to say "let the towns grow slower" when yours is maxed and all will work in your favor. Bad attitude.

Anyway, Happy new year everyone!

DeletedUser

Hey my town is far from maxed and I still have no issues with this change. It's made us (the builders of Lago) rethink some things, but that isn't necesarrily a bad thing.

Oh and I'm sorry comparing playing a game to murder in real life is pretty stupid. A game is a game. You can take it or leave it.

DeletedUser

Since players take the time out to work on town buildings for little exp i think it is wrong for T-W team to then make them have less labour points to bring in even less exp.

The system how it is is very good and towns growing to fast have not as much to do with the builders, but more to do with the fact that they are the number 1 town. People use the shops and bring in THOUSANDS of $ in money, and with towns using this money for residences to ROTATE people in and out of the town for the sole purpose of donating money then that is a bigger factor.

DeletedUser

This will definately be a bad update, if anything they had to do with construction, the best thing would have to be making more XP because the XP for doing 2 hours is horrible compared to doing just 1 job...

DeletedUser

Updates SUCK!!!!!!!!!

:madb:

that is the silver lining really but i think to make it more interesting they need more buildings

yes that's the thing that bothers me most!!! they make it harder to build but they don't implement ANY new buildings!!!!!

where is the sheriff for example!!!!

I'm close to quitting this game because it's NO FUN anymore. what they achieved is that I don't buy premium anymore while before I had on all worlds I played (2-5) Automation AND higher income, now I'm letting all these run out without purchasing new!!!

Updates suck!!!

And why do they have to update the old worlds??? can't they just introduce a new world with the different difficulties????? this shouldn't be a huge problem IMO!!!!!

they kill the fun out of it!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.