Hotel guard

DeletedUser

can see why you wnat it but dont think it will work cause you have to have somewhere where you are safe

i dont say we should not be protected in the hotel, i'm just saying that the protection will be applied after you have been sleeping for 10 minutes (or more...this is another debate)...this way you can hit an enemy dueler that came to your town and is killing you all one by one with the metod i have wrote above.

DeletedUser

Or maybe for the first 30 min. before you sleep you don't have complete protection, then after that, you have full protection.

DeletedUser

yea something like this...if we have a small delay from the moment we enter the Hotel and the moment we are completely safe we will have the possibility to hit an enemy dueler who is hiding in the safety of our hotel after his each attack.

DeletedUser

Yes, I know the guard thing is already set up. There are 2 parts to this idea.

#1:

Sleeping in hotels is currently a safeguard. In the real West, you were murdered in your sleep.

My suggestion,

Sleeping will NOT be somewhere to hide...

leading us to the second part of the idea.

#2:

Guarding the Hotel, a job similar to the Town Guard (or Sheriff), but you cannot do both jobs at once.

Same concept as Town Guard, except now pertaining only to those sleeping.

If the hotel has no guard-- SLEEP AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Those sleeping will have a 'ZZZ' sign next to them or something in the saloon.

Sleeping residents will also have a second layer of protection from the sheriff (granted there is one), but travelers will only have the hotel guard (granted there is one).

Sleeping people will have 0% resist if dueled and there is no Hotel Guard at the hotel (if resident-- no sheriff or Hotel Guard), BUT if there is a Hotel Guard, 50% resist, or a Sheriff and the Hotel Guard, 100% resist.

But let's break it down if you can't understand.

Dueler A walks into the town of La La Land to murder the sleeping MarkAnthony (Resident of La La Land).

Suddenly, the sheriff confronts the Dueler A. (Duel)

Now, 2 things can happen.

1: Dueler loses, Sheriff puts the dueler in Jail for bond or

2: Sheriff loses, Dueler continues on his path to the sleeping target.

Let's say there IS a Hotel Guard the moment Dueler A attempts to attack the sleeping MarkAnthony.

From MarkAnthony's point of view: Recieved a report. You hear a crashing noise and the loud bang of a Smith & Wesson, which awakens you from your sleep. Fully awake, You hurry to put your equipment on and your weapon. (Variation, I guess)

(Continued)

As the Hotel Guard, you repeat the procedure as above like the Sheriff.

If the Dueler A makes it through, he now faces the awake MarkAnthony.

Normal Duel between Dueler A and MarkAnthony.

Note: The Dueler keeps his health from the last duels with the sheriff and the Hotel Guard.

If there is only a Hotel Guard and no Sheriff, or vice versa, it would be pretty much the same, although only one Guard, then the report would go like this:

From MarkAnthony's point of view: Recieved a report. You hear a crashing noise and the loud bang of a Smith & Wesson, which awakens you from your sleep. In a daze, You put your equipment on and your weapon.

***If there was no Hotel Guard or Sheriff for La La Land, it would have happened like this.

Dueler A murders MarkAnthony in his sleep. KO-- Duel not possible for 48 hours.
Great idea, but it's a bit too complicated....

Diggo11

I vote no, I'm happy with the Hotel the way it is in this regard (except for how people camp and so forth, that needs to be changed).

DeletedUser

I hate this idea just like duelers hated my wire transfer idea I hate this idea. Wire transfers exists in the wild west just as murders in sleep did if duelers hate wire transfers then why should those not dueling like the possibility of being killed in sleep. You can't have it both ways duelers if you want to kill in sleep which really happened in wild west you have to also allow wire transfers which also occurred.

DeletedUser

I hate this idea just like duelers hated my wire transfer idea I hate this idea. Wire transfers exists in the wild west just as murders in sleep did if duelers hate wire transfers then why should those not dueling like the possibility of being killed in sleep. You can't have it both ways duelers if you want to kill in sleep which really happened in wild west you have to also allow wire transfers which also occurred.

Wait, WTH are you on about? :huh:

DeletedUser

Captain%20Obvious%208%20finished.jpg

DeletedUser

Wait, WTH are you on about? :huh:

Easy I made a suggestion that users be allowed to wire money from any town into their own town's treasury or their own bank account just like happens in real life even in old west and all the duelers came out and hated the idea.

Now they want to kill us in our sleep. They don't want me to wire yet they want a new way to kill us. They want their cake and the ability to eat it also.

If one thing is allowed the other has to also be allowed as both are legit ideas that really existed.

DeletedUser

Dont know if google translate got it right..But i got this when i translated the above "If i cant have my candy no one else gonna get it. ps my dad is stronger then yours"

DeletedUser

They want their cake and the ability to eat it also.

If I'm going to make a cake, I will damn well eat it too!

I hardly think that is too much to expect.
Yes, I'm critisizing your use of the wors proverb ever created.

@Nevyn: Thanks for translating it, and clearing up matters.

DeletedUser

Easy I made a suggestion that users be allowed to wire money from any town into their own town's treasury or their own bank account just like happens in real life even in old west and all the duelers came out and hated the idea.

Now they want to kill us in our sleep. They don't want me to wire yet they want a new way to kill us. They want their cake and the ability to eat it also.

If one thing is allowed the other has to also be allowed as both are legit ideas that really existed.

Ooookay, so just a couple of little questions

1) How do you know that it is duelers and only duelers that have said no?

2) As John Rose said in your thread, you could rob banks in the wild west, if you want wiring cash and guards on hotels then I want to be able to rob a bank and take ALL the cash from that town.

DeletedUser

If I'm going to make a cake, I will damn well eat it too!

I hardly think that is too much to expect.
Yes, I'm critisizing your use of the wors proverb ever created.

Uh, the point of that proverb is that if you eat it, you won't have it any more, because it will be gone. Failure to grasp that is a sign of quite myopic nihilism. :laugh:

DeletedUser

Uh, the point of that proverb is that if you eat it, you won't have it any more, because it will be gone. Failure to grasp that is a sign of quite myopic nihilism. :laugh:

Well, I guess I can't have it both ways :p

DeletedUser

Who knows, maybe when your fort falls you can rob the bank or the treasury. ;)

DeletedUser

Ooookay, so just a couple of little questions

1) How do you know that it is duelers and only duelers that have said no?

2) As John Rose said in your thread, you could rob banks in the wild west, if you want wiring cash and guards on hotels then I want to be able to rob a bank and take ALL the cash from that town.

Easy cause duelers are the only ones who benefit from being able to kill and rob people. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

And as someone else pointed out it's about balance. We're the fun in the game if duelers are always robbing people. I mean if you want to rob then I want the ability to arrest you and toss your butt in jail where you aren't a threat to anyone! During this lock up you can't play the game for a week because you were caught. That too is real life old west!

DeletedUser

Easy cause duelers are the only ones who benefit from being able to kill and rob people. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

And as someone else pointed out it's about balance. We're the fun in the game if duelers are always robbing people. I mean if you want to rob then I want the ability to arrest you and toss your butt in jail where you aren't a threat to anyone! During this lock up you can't play the game for a week because you were caught. That too is real life old west!

Stop arguing realism and historical accuracy.
If you get it your way, your character will die.
No KO, no resting in hotel, dead.

DeletedUser

Well that is what you guys are doing aren't you now. Seems earlier in this thread it was pointed out that people got robbed and killed while sleeping. That is a historical point. You only like it when it benefits you.

DeletedUser

Well that is what you guys are doing aren't you now. Seems earlier in this thread it was pointed out that people got robbed and killed while sleeping. That is a historical point. You only like it when it benefits you.

I didn't want people getting killed in sleep, I thought that was a rubbish idea as well, due to balance issues.

There are loads of historical inaccuracies, and this game was never ment to be accurat, so accuracy for an argument to change things one way or another will make the argument void.

Last edited by a moderator: