Hotel guard

DeletedUser

Yes, I know the guard thing is already set up. There are 2 parts to this idea.

#1:

Sleeping in hotels is currently a safeguard. In the real West, you were murdered in your sleep.

My suggestion,

Sleeping will NOT be somewhere to hide...

leading us to the second part of the idea.

#2:

Guarding the Hotel, a job similar to the Town Guard (or Sheriff), but you cannot do both jobs at once.

Same concept as Town Guard, except now pertaining only to those sleeping.

If the hotel has no guard-- SLEEP AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Those sleeping will have a 'ZZZ' sign next to them or something in the saloon.

Sleeping residents will also have a second layer of protection from the sheriff (granted there is one), but travelers will only have the hotel guard (granted there is one).

Sleeping people will have 0% resist if dueled and there is no Hotel Guard at the hotel (if resident-- no sheriff or Hotel Guard), BUT if there is a Hotel Guard, 50% resist, or a Sheriff and the Hotel Guard, 100% resist.

But let's break it down if you can't understand.

Dueler A walks into the town of La La Land to murder the sleeping MarkAnthony (Resident of La La Land).

Suddenly, the sheriff confronts the Dueler A. (Duel)

Now, 2 things can happen.

1: Dueler loses, Sheriff puts the dueler in Jail for bond or

2: Sheriff loses, Dueler continues on his path to the sleeping target.

Let's say there IS a Hotel Guard the moment Dueler A attempts to attack the sleeping MarkAnthony.

From MarkAnthony's point of view: Recieved a report. You hear a crashing noise and the loud bang of a Smith & Wesson, which awakens you from your sleep. Fully awake, You hurry to put your equipment on and your weapon. (Variation, I guess)

(Continued)

As the Hotel Guard, you repeat the procedure as above like the Sheriff.

If the Dueler A makes it through, he now faces the awake MarkAnthony.

Normal Duel between Dueler A and MarkAnthony.

Note: The Dueler keeps his health from the last duels with the sheriff and the Hotel Guard.

If there is only a Hotel Guard and no Sheriff, or vice versa, it would be pretty much the same, although only one Guard, then the report would go like this:

From MarkAnthony's point of view: Recieved a report. You hear a crashing noise and the loud bang of a Smith & Wesson, which awakens you from your sleep. In a daze, You put your equipment on and your weapon.

***If there was no Hotel Guard or Sheriff for La La Land, it would have happened like this.

Dueler A murders MarkAnthony in his sleep. KO-- Duel not possible for 48 hours.

DeletedUser

i cant hate it, it's what cud happen in real life. but if i'm beaten by atleast one of the two guards, (who will the best duellers/ soldiers of thie towns, so losing is highly likeky) i cant duel the person i want to, right? so i lose energy and health for nothing, which is bad :p

secondly, if i have to repeat the procedure for every person i duel in La La Land, that wud be tiresome and exhausting for the dueler :mad:

better wud be just to kill the person in thier sleep noiselessly.....:bandit:

DeletedUser

There are ways, but it would be unfair to the Guards if the whole public knew how to overcome them.

And no, if you were to duel an AWAKE person, that's only the Sheriff.

What I'm trying to do is make it not exactly impossible to get to them, but achieveable and difficult, but yes, there are ways.

So basically you get 3 duels in one, and a little revenge from that guy who was sniping your friend Billy Bob Joe in World 2. :)

DeletedUser

Nice but, jobs can be done only for 2 hours, that makes guarding possible only for 4h in a row (non-premium), you expect people to stay awake during night to guard their hotel and sleep during the day? Hmm and do you think that duelers from town would like to guard the hotel all day long? It seems that there are still spaces to fill in this idea. Couldn't it be easier to implement something like "first 30 minutes you are not protected in hotel"?

DeletedUser

dont really like it unless :
1)they implement the jail, so we can stick 'em in jail!
2)in order to sneak past the guards i recommend another job : sneaking around (JK!too many jobs aleady). anyway my concern is that after markanthony gets murdered, shouldnt dueler a have to fight hs/her way out?

DeletedUser

Yes, but the towns members probably would do it themselves as a given. They would hunt Dueler A down like pack rats.

DeletedUser1105

I'm not convinced. The sleep is the workers only real safe haven. I think it's important (in order to keep them playing the game) that they have that.

DeletedUser

Sleep is THE only safe place in this world, and seeing how it already is safe, one could assume that there already are guards at the hotel, on the expense of the town.

DeletedUser

to be honest, whilst i like the idea i think for the balance of the game there needs to be at least one place which is totally safe, where you can go when your offline.

Red Falcon

I have to agree with
sdjx22
user_offline.gif

Full-grown cowboy, simply because of the facts stated previously. So, unless you can gain exp if you got dueled and KOed in your sleep, this is NOT a good idea.

DeletedUser

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like the idea, so many time people attack you who are alot weaker and hide in the hotel!!!

DeletedUser

okay, so this has positives to it...

And there should never be a safe place for duelers and soldiers only...

Maybe a safe place for the workers though...

DeletedUser

I dislike it.

On the scale of 1-10 of the "Best Idea" scale, its a 4.

Its another one of those ideas where nothing is broken but you want to fix it. Leave it the way it is :mad:

DeletedUser

the problem with sleeping is this from my point of view:

it is not good that from the moment you go in the hotel you are safe, it should take minimum 10 minutes before you are completely safe.

i want to share with you a fighting strategy that i use when i'm at war with some enemy town.

i give the order to attack a player and as a second task i give to sleep in his hotel for 10$

This way after i attack him i'm automatically put in the hotel and no one can retaliate against me, because i'm at sleep...after that i give the order to attack another person from that town as a second task (at this point first task is sleeping) and then i cancel the sleeping and the duel become first task and i give a new task of sleeping...and so on

when i attack i dont get very much because of my high level in dodging, so i dont lose to much life, and because my enemies cannot attack me i normaly kill them all before the day :D

those of you that say it is not possible trust me it works, i'm doing this in practice not in theory, and because i do 700+ in a fight i can kill between 5-8 player/day and this is because i run out of energy...and when i sleep i give for both task to sleep for 8 hours this way NO ONE CAN CHALANGE ME.

or to team up against me ;)

DeletedUser

can see why you wnat it but dont think it will work cause you have to have somewhere where you are safe

DeletedUser

Or duelers and soldiers dont have protection but workers and adventurers have safeness