Homestead for non duelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Wow. i can't believe when you make a game with dueling people assume that makes it a PvP game only, I think you are the one that is clueless.

I did not say it is PvP only, but it is a huge part of the game. Learn to defend yourself or don't play it's that simple.

DeletedUser

See thats my point you think its a big part of the game.
List of thing besides dueling:
1. Jobs
2. Quests
3. Making/ joining towns
1/4 of the game isn't really a huge part is it?

DeletedUser

See thats my point you think its a big part of the game.
List of thing besides dueling:
1. Jobs
2. Quests
3. Making/ joining towns
1/4 of the game isn't really a huge part is it?

Well first of all, quests come to an end at some point so that is not valid. from 75-99 there are no quests, not to mention that the majority of players do not do every single quest.

Jobs, lol. You can only put out so many fires,or pick so many agaves and in the end you are doing it to better your character for guess what....dueling or fort battles.

Making towns gets old after you have maxed out ...you will see as you get higher.

So. We have 3 things that do not include dueling, and TWO that do, as you forgot fort battles.

40% of the game then by your math and as i said people get bored doing tedious tasks for months on end or quest quest quest.

DeletedUser

Well first of all, quests come to an end at some point so that is not valid. from 75-99 there are no quests, not to mention that the majority of players do not do every single quest.

Jobs, lol. You can only put out so many fires,or pick so many agaves and in the end you are doing it to better your character for guess what....dueling or fort battles.

Making towns gets old after you have maxed out ...you will see as you get higher.

So. We have 3 things that do not include dueling, and TWO that do, as you forgot fort battles.

40% of the game then by your math and as i said people get bored doing tedious tasks for months on end or quest quest quest.
Words in bold = wrong, almost all of quests require jobs and some people enjoy managing towns or being apart of them, so again you are clueless

DeletedUser

Words in bold = wrong, almost all of quests require jobs and some people enjoy managing towns or being apart of them, so again you are clueless

You keep throwing that insult out there but it does not bother me. I enjoyed building towns on my builder...for awhile. Now I respecced and I lop heads off as a melee dueler. Quests are only fun to a certain point, then they become monotonous and the reward is hardly worth the effort. I enjoy being a part of towns, as long as we don't have 1500 alliances and NAP agreements with every town out there.

My words are not wrong, as everyone has their own opinion. This new breed of 'non-duelers' is a joke. You joined a pvp game with a player base that enjoys dueling and fort battles, get over yourself and join the fun or you'll be stressed out every time you lose a duel.

DeletedUser

Kingslinger ~ why then, are there adventurers and builders on this game?

DeletedUser

Kingslinger ~ why then, are there adventurers and builders on this game?

Well I know my adventurer on world 3 can kick some serious butt, all while getting free hotel passes and better items!

Seriously though, for diversity. As I said, my builder can kick major butt and he has loads of fun doing it. You make it sound as if adventurers and workers should be weak, but ANYONE can press the button that puts some aim, or some dodge. You CHOOSE to be pure? Then live with it. Pures are foolish to think that they should be left alone because of the choices THEY make to be unable to defend themselves. I have 4 adventurers,and a worker all of which can defend themselves, or KO people. I CHOSE to be able to defend myself and it has made the game extremely fun.

You make the choice to spread your points or to become pure, there is no rule saying a worker avatar can't simply put points into dodge/aim etc. It is you in your attempt to unlock high paying jobs as fast as possible that makes you a target in the first place.

DeletedUser

all those who dun wanna get duelled....y dun u all play west hugs....it has been designed especially fr those who whine after duelling...

DeletedUser

nakshtra ... .... it is the duelers who are whining. They disguise it with loud angry brash words so it is hard to pick out sometimes.

DeletedUser

Well I know my adventurer on world 3 can kick some serious butt, all while getting free hotel passes and better items!

Seriously though, for diversity. As I said, my builder can kick major butt and he has loads of fun doing it. You make it sound as if adventurers and workers should be weak, but ANYONE can press the button that puts some aim, or some dodge. You CHOOSE to be pure? Then live with it. Pures are foolish to think that they should be left alone because of the choices THEY make to be unable to defend themselves. I have 4 adventurers,and a worker all of which can defend themselves, or KO people. I CHOSE to be able to defend myself and it has made the game extremely fun.

You make the choice to spread your points or to become pure, there is no rule saying a worker avatar can't simply put points into dodge/aim etc. It is you in your attempt to unlock high paying jobs as fast as possible that makes you a target in the first place.

Kingslinger that is an excellent answer, although you presume that every player wants to be a dueler (they don't) and you presume to know my point spread. (you don't)

In order for a game to work well, the majority of the players have to be happy the majority of the time.

I am posting, not because I get dueled too often although it does happen. I post because there is an imbalance in this game. It claims to be about the west, and we can assume that is the US west in the 18th-19th century. The true west, was not about people sniping people all day in the fashion that they do on the game.

If the game is to be about that, that is a-ok with me. It just should be called what it is. Did you read the part about the difference in the terms sniping and dueling?

DeletedUser

and i am not a pure but I lose to the people that are pure and dueling is fail, it's just people taking money of those who can't attack becuase the peole who duel just look at the level and what weapon they have to choose the one they can get easy money from, so the main point is dueling is just people to lazy to do quests, so that is the only way the can succed, by picking their duels so they get easy money

DeletedUser

Kingslinger that is an excellent answer, although you presume that every player wants to be a dueler (they don't) and you presume to know my point spread. (you don't)

I don't assume/presume anything, it was a general comment, not directed to anyone in particular. The majority of people who whine, do not choose to defend themselves, that is what I was getting at.

I did read your sniper thing and it really does not apply here. Sniping is when you are walking down the street or out in the jungle and you get shot in the face without even hearing the shot. Every player in the-west has the opportunity to defend themselves and be prepared for a duel.

I will admit, on my first character I used to get pretty mad when someone dueled me, then I won my first defensive duel and scored 150 or so xp and a third of his cash. Now I realize that I made the choice to be pure and people watch high end jobs for low level players, pures.

DeletedUser13636

WOW!!!!!!! I sure made a mistake posting this one didn't I? Listen folks, I am a dueler also, I love to duel and that is how I make money most of the time. The whole idea behind this post was to possibly come up with and idea for an improvement or an addition to game play. I was just throwing an option out there for the folks that would prefer not to duel is all and maybe even add something more to the game. Personally, I love this game the way it is. Wish I could just take this whole post back.

DeletedUser

It's not necessarily a bad idea, but I doubt it would ever be acceptable to a lot of people no matter how carefully the details were worked out.
I think I've said this before, but I think it was when I was playing Tribal Wars. One of the biggest problems with most multi-player games is that there tend to be 2 main types of people who play. One type is those who play for the sake of playing, and the other is those who play to win.
Since there really isn't a way to "win" this game, many players have to find other ways to feel like they've won. For some, it's being the first to finish building a town and/or having the most towns; for some it's being the best dueler; for some it's being the first to finish all the quests; for others it's having the best equipment and most money; for others it could be whatever other goals they think up.
The other area where you get 2 types (or maybe a spectrum between the 2) is there are some who love the pvp, and there are others who hate it. You're always going to have the pvpers who think non-pvpers are "care bear" people, and the non-pvpers who think pvpers are just bullies. The fact is that they're both right about some players and wrong about others.
I think the developers are just trying to find the point on that spectrum that makes the fewest people upset, and I don't envy them that job at all.

DeletedUser13636

Then I would say it is best for the devs to just focus on adding some additional features to the game, some add ons, something to keep players going. After the towns are all built and the quests are all finished, there is really nothing else left to do, but duel anyway. Instead of arguing over dueling and making changes to how effective our skill set is, lets add some additions to the game instead. The homestead idea is not so bad, we can just leave the dueling part of the idea out, but as a dueler myself I see nothing wrong with some sort of option in the game for folks that do not want to duel. We could place something in the game that has to be bought in our shops even, like a Marshall's Badge, it would be expensive and last for a designated period of time. Like I have stated previously, this is just an idea. Instead of players just totally shooting the idea down, how about something constructive for once. I personally would be happy to give up some of the players that are available to duel if it would mean we can keep our skills as effective tomorrow as they are today. Why is it that so many have to be so negative all the time?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This has been derailed a lot.
As far as I'm concerned, the thread was over after page 1.

These scumsucking whiny duelers should grow a pair of balls.
So, you get dueled, so what?
You get good jobs alot quicker than any pure dueler, allowing you to lvl and earn good cash early on.

Just because it's labeled a duel, doesn't mean it's fair, and if you consider the mythical western duel from the motion-pictures, well, few of them ever were fair either.

As I said on page 1, sure you may have your homesteads as long as I can ride in and raid, pllage and loot ya'll.

DeletedUser13636

Dueling is my favorite part of the game John. I would love for the game to stay as it is for dueling. As we can all see though, no matter what we want, the devs are going to continue efforts to change dueling. Do you have any constructive ideas that may offer an option for the devs to stop trying to change it. If I had my way I would ride into the homesteads and duel to my hearts content with you my friend. This thread was just a thought. If folks think it was just another player whining as you have stated, then they are just as wrong as you are.

DeletedUser

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Dueling is fine.

EOD.

(sure, minor tweaks needed, but making people off-limits is not a solution)

DeletedUser

In order for a game to work well, the majority of the players have to be happy the majority of the time.

I am posting, not because I get dueled too often although it does happen. I post because there is an imbalance in this game. It claims to be about the west, and we can assume that is the US west in the 18th-19th century. The true west, was not about people sniping people all day in the fashion that they do on the game.

If the game is to be about that, that is a-ok with me. It just should be called what it is. Did you read the part about the difference in the terms sniping and dueling?

The West is a game based on the Wild West in fictional films and books, not a replay of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.