Homestead for non duelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13636

Forgive me if this idea has already been posted. Here is my idea anyway. Instead of making changes to the dueling aspect of the game and to help keep all non duelers safe we could create homesteads. The homesteads would be kind of like towns except no one can be dueled while in a homestead. You would build up the homestead just as you would a town. This will give all non duelers a place to stay and be safe from dueling as well as all players who want to complete quests without being dueled. You could make the wait time to join a homestead at say 72 hours to help prevent players from jumping town and going to a homestead so they can avoid retaliation. The homestead of coarse would have different types of structures and benefits. This is just a rough idea of coarse, but something like this could also address the possibility of adding an additional challenge to the game. Please add any ideas you may have regarding how this could work.

DeletedUser

it is an improvement over most ideas of this topic. but i think that you would have to add in extra measures to ensure that the "homesteads" are not as attractive as the actual towns. we dont want everyone moving to a homestead and have no one left to duel.

DeletedUser13636

it is an improvement over most ideas of this topic. but i think that you would have to add in extra measures to ensure that the "homesteads" are not as attractive as the actual towns. we dont want everyone moving to a homestead and have no one left to duel.

You make a very good point my friend. I did not consider that as a possibility when I posted this. I did make a suggestion in another thread at one point and I saw someone else make a very similar one also. This is what I had posted as another possibility for folks that do not want to duel, but the same issue would still be a possibility I think.

What if all players had the option to decide whether or not they want to be involved in dueling. It would go like this perhaps, in your settings you can either turn dueling on or off. That does not mean you get to go on a dueling rampage and then protect yourself. If you want to duel you simply choose to duel and once you turn the dueling option on, you cannot turn it back off for 15 days. You also cannot turn it off unless you have gone at least 15 days without challenging another player to a duel. This would be fair to everyone. If you want to duel you can duel and the players that do not want to duel are out of the dueling aspect unless they turn the dueling option on.

Even if something like this were implemented I would still like to see something more added to the game than just the forts so that we could expand upon our towns. The forts are a nice addition, but there is only a possibility to have 3 per county and not everyone wants to fight for forts over and over. I saw some other ideas that suggested adding some farms or some sort of ranch. I am just thinking it would be better to stop trying to change the way dueling is set up and offer a different option while at the same time adding some more interesting aspects to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i dont like it and no dueler will

dueling is how we make or money like workers and oil

my brother is a work and hes been attacked 2 times in a 2 month period

you just have to find the right town to go to

DeletedUser

Oh, my goodness . . . what is wrong with people!

Dueling is a part of the game for everyone! Get used to it.

Your suggestion for a duel "mode" doesn't fix your horrible idea. In fact, it's worse than the original! What's to keep people from hiding behind their "no duel mode" after attacking someone?

DeletedUser

Oh, my goodness . . . what is wrong with people!

Dueling is a part of the game for everyone! Get used to it.

Your suggestion for a duel "mode" doesn't fix your horrible idea. In fact, it's worse than the original! What's to keep people from hiding behind their "no duel mode" after attacking someone?

Holy crap, I'm whole-heartedly agreeing with JM!
Either this means I must reconsider my position, or...

JM has taken the reasonable position.

Hell, you buggers can have your homestead as long as I get to raid, rob, and pillage it.

If you don't want to get dueled, but still want to build stuff, I suggest you buy a copy of the sims.

DeletedUser13636

Yea, I get it. Just an idea folks. I really just want them to leave dueling the way it is and has always been. Just trying to come up with something that will get them to quit trying to make changes to dueling is all. I personally like the game the way it is for the most part. It could use some additions to make it more interesting though.:p

DeletedUser

Hell, you buggers can have your homestead as long as I get to raid, rob, and pillage it.

QFT. I'm not sure where the idea that it was safer living on a homestead outside of town in the 19th century than in the town itself comes from. There might be less crime in the country today, but in the Old West it would be more dangerous than living in town.

DeletedUser

i dont like it and no dueler will

dueling is how we make or money like workers and oil

my brother is a work and hes been attacked 2 times in a 2 month period

you just have to find the right town to go to
I don't think you are looking at the big picture, really i want someone that thinks this will ruin dueling explain how becuase I don't see way they can't duel other duelers

DeletedUser

I don't think you are looking at the big picture, really i want someone that thinks this will ruin dueling explain how becuase I don't see way they can't duel other duelers
If duelers can only duel other duelers, how would they make any money from it?

DeletedUser

I don't know, and plus did anyone ever think that the money you get in dueling was to have an award, not to make it a job?

DeletedUser

The-west isn't a dueling game. Dueling has a pre-arranged time and place agreement.

Dueling in this game is not at all like 19th century 'western style' dueling.
It is a sniper attack.

Johns' description of rob/pillage/raiding is consistent with this. Which is fine, that is how the game seems to be evolving and if that is what players want, they will vote with their dollars.

Why are adventurers and builders are even on this game? Fodder? Don't have enough money to buy a Sims game?

Maybe it is the duelers who are doing their quite fair share of whining when anyone suggests balancing the scales a wee bit and taking away their so called easy money.

Dueling definition: The fighting of two persons, one against the other, at an appointed time and place, due to an earlier quarrel. If death results, the crime is murder. It differs from an affray in this, that the latter occurs on a sudden quarrel, while the former is always the result of design. <-- This is not what happens in The-West.

Read more if you wish: http://law.jrank.org/pages/6317/Dueling.html#ixzz0Rn4duzPH

Sniper definition: a marksman who shoots at people from a concealed place. <-- This is what happens in The-West.

This is first definition that comes up when typing 'What is a sniper?' into Google.
Web definitions for sniper

dictblue.gif
a marksman who shoots at people from a concealed place
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn - Definition in context

The home page of The-West:

"Discover new land and experience exciting adventures and duels!
The West is waiting for you!"
It isn't supposed to be only for 'duelers'

What is wrong with the idea of duelers only going up against duelers? As one just whined, where would they get their money from?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The-west isn't a dueling game. Dueling has a pre-arranged time and place agreement.

It's still a duel, you just don't have a choice but to accept. If it was a matter of sniping, the defender wouldn't have an equal chance to defend himself, returning fire with no penalties to his skills.

DeletedUser

In other words, where would they get thier easy money from other people who can't defend against them

DeletedUser

What is wrong with the idea of duelers only going up against duelers? As one just whined, where would they get their money from?
Two comments. I wasn't whining about anything, I was responding to a question. I'm not a dueler, and I don't play one on tv!:p

DeletedUser

Dueling in this game is not at all like 19th century 'western style' dueling.
It is a sniper attack.

Johns' description of rob/pillage/raiding is consistent with this. Which is fine, that is how the game seems to be evolving and if that is what players want, they will vote with their dollars.

Why are adventurers and builders are even on this game? Fodder? Don't have enough money to buy a Sims game?

Maybe it is the duelers who are doing their quite fair share of whining when anyone suggests balancing the scales a wee bit and taking away their so called easy money.

Dueling definition: The fighting of two persons, one against the other, at an appointed time and place, due to an earlier quarrel. If death results, the crime is murder. It differs from an affray in this, that the latter occurs on a sudden quarrel, while the former is always the result of design. <-- This is not what happens in The-West.

Read more if you wish: http://law.jrank.org/pages/6317/Dueling.html#ixzz0Rn4duzPH

Sniper definition: a marksman who shoots at people from a concealed place. <-- This is what happens in The-West.

This is first definition that comes up when typing 'What is a sniper?' into Google.
Web definitions for sniper

dictblue.gif
a marksman who shoots at people from a concealed place
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn - Definition in context

The home page of The-West:

"Discover new land and experience exciting adventures and duels!
The West is waiting for you!"
It isn't supposed to be only for 'duelers'

Blah blah blah blah

Why bother making posts like this? What exactly are you trying to prove? It is a PvP game and if you cannot see that you are clueless.

Take this crap back to runescape or second life where you can bake cakes and build your house in peace if dueling bothers you so much.

DeletedUser

It's still a duel, you just don't have a choice but to accept. If it was a matter of sniping, the defender wouldn't have an equal chance to defend himself, returning fire with no penalties to his skills.

Elmy, with reams of respect, if a player doesn't have a choice to accept or not, to prepare or not, how is that equal? In a true duel, you knew who and when your opposition was and when to meet them. If someone shoots you in the back, while you are working, that is a sniper attack.

How does a worker, cheerily building Town Hall, have an equal chance to defend him/her self?

In this scenario, a worker, say around level 50 (if they hang around that long) is the same 'level' as a level 50 soldier. But they aren't equal, and the worker does not have an equal chance to defend himself. It is like picking off goldfish in a barrel.

DeletedUser

Blah blah blah blah

Why bother making posts like this? What exactly are you trying to prove? It is a PvP game and if you cannot see that you are clueless.

Take this crap back to runescape or second life where you can bake cakes and build your house in peace if dueling bothers you so much.
Wow. i can't believe when you make a game with dueling people assume that makes it a PvP game only, I think you are the one that is clueless.

DeletedUser

Blah blah blah blah

Why bother answering then? Want some bread and cheese?

Status
Not open for further replies.