Feedback Holiday Speed 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Sticking Gringos in the shop to buy along with Union & make them non upgradable would have been more fair and probably more revenue .. but i guess the goldfish who swim around in rapid circles doing speed would have no reason to then.. ho hum .. in my day people did speed n went off to a club, partied all night and had a bangin ol time of it.. how times change :-D
These sets will be purchasable with Bonds and Dollars. Please let me know how do you think anyone makes profits on this, when you cannot use Nuggets. This event was created for YOU for having fun and not having to spend any nuggets. So you can tell anything about this event, but not this. Please be realistic.

For sure you need to double think the way the event takes place and the reward system, for future ones.
If I am not mistaken, now it is enough to find the best rewarded 2-3 jobs and stay in the loop forever (work 15 sec jobs until motivation decreases, then after each 10 minutes just refill energy and motivation (for game money) and here is the loop)! Not very smart, but really efficient.

What can be done as improvements (in my opinion):
- limit the number of 15 seconds jobs. Not more than 2h, for each 4 consecutive hours.
- disable 15 sec jobs for silver and gold jobs (or leave it active, giving half the experience but with increase chances for luck and money)
- award a guaranteed price for each player that fulfills specific requirement. Then award should be 1 complete set, free of choice, from previous years (for example this year could choose maximum set from 2020)
- allow crafting of all possible items (like in past events), if mats are already in inventory
- BIG PLUS for this event - disable trading between players
- award each day of event (number 1 place and a random award from places 2-20) - keep more people active during the event

My point is that you should increase the number of awards (of course, decreasing their individual value), making the event more fun and with less "dumb-click" involved.

Otherwise each event is just a new opportunity for the same players to upgrade their already existing items (or they will get Gringo on each account-each server).

Point is make it more fun, smarter, less individual (but no advantage due to already having plenty of friends). Just adjust the winning criterias..

Don't "dedicate" prizes to people that have no RL or, even worst, that cheat by using scripts. I am sure there are now scripts smart enough not to be detected..

If you block now (few minutes) a user that gives 5 consecutive commands within the same second (it happened for me, I was too fast..), why not limiting the 15 sec consecutive jobs, based on the same logic? Then each user will have to vary his/her actions, XP will be awarded more slowly, gap between players will increase but with a lower pace rate.

Just do something different :)

Happy Holidays!
How do you want to achieve these limitations?
  • Nor technically, nor statistically can be done. The only way we can do this, if we say you can do max. X amount of 15 sec jobs until the end of the event.
  • We cannot disable the jobs.
  • What should be the winning requirement when everyone can win the set?
  • What should daily rewards be?

I know it's early in the game, but do you think the minimum 220 lvl requirement for winning town members may be a little unrealistic? There are people who have been clicking almost nonstop for five days now and still haven't reached 220. The players who are focusing on other things like dueling, ff, etc. may really struggle to reach that even though they've been very active in the game.
There are so many bonuses, a lot of days offer a double XP bonuses, and you will have all the sets available. We see this manageable and something which needs a good strategy.
@Syntex On this server we will not have duel rollback potion?
We will add it, thanks for asking.

C0OPeR

Trading with players is prohibited, if this happens both parties will receive a warning and the respective traded items will be removed, the money involved in this transaction will also be confiscated. In case of relapse, a ban can be issued on both parties.

this means i can not ask my friend in another town put me some gears from his town tailor on market ?

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Trading with players is prohibited, if this happens both parties will receive a warning and the respective traded items will be removed, the money involved in this transaction will also be confiscated. In case of relapse, a ban can be issued on both parties.

this means i can not ask my friend in another town put me some gears from his town tailor on market ?
That`s right, you must go to his town and buy it yourself.

BigNoob

First of all I completely agree with FunnyGirl that you should find a way to reward El Gringo to the players who know how to play the best not the ones who are willing to neglect&ignore their real life for a month the most. You are literally forcing players to neglect&ignore their real life to get El Gringo. You can say what you want but most of the ways to get Gringo from this event requires you to click more than the other players and you can see people with 90h being online out of the 120h the event has been running. There is no way to be playing that much for 1 month without it bringing negative consequences to your life&health. Of course its the players who take the decision to do this. But you are the ones giving them this choice to make...

One thing I dont understand is you basically set some minimum sleep to force people to take a break. Which I understand very well and I think it should be set higher to make the event less brutal to your life. You also decide to double the rewards from clicking during the christmas and new year period? Aren't those the times players should be taking a break? The bare minimum you could do is to cut the XP from jobs during those times. But I guess that was easy to do for you because you are not the ones who must pick between Christmas&New Year and The-West... (The choice is easy but you know some people will pick The-West...)

Poker Alice

First of all I completely agree with FunnyGirl that you should find a way to reward El Gringo to the players who know how to play the best not the ones who are willing to neglect&ignore their real life for a month the most. You are literally forcing players to neglect&ignore their real life to get El Gringo. You can say what you want but most of the ways to get Gringo from this event requires you to click more than the other players and you can see people with 90h being online out of the 120h the event has been running. There is no way to be playing that much for 1 month without it bringing negative consequences to your life&health. Of course its the players who take the decision to do this. But you are the ones giving them this choice to make...

One thing I dont understand is you basically set some minimum sleep to force people to take a break. Which I understand very well and I think it should be set higher to make the event less brutal to your life. You also decide to double the rewards from clicking during the christmas and new year period? Aren't those the times players should be taking a break? The bare minimum you could do is to cut the XP from jobs during those times. But I guess that was easy to do for you because you are not the ones who must pick between Christmas&New Year and The-West... (The choice is easy but you know some people will pick The-West...)
It is all about choice?

Hi there, please don't shoot me because I might not see eye to eye on a point being made here. True some trails will lead towards smart plays, being well connected or staying aware while other trails require mostly work clicks. I like having the choice so that is perhaps why I'm not crazy in love with saloon quests. Quests are one example of something leading players. They are great in the beginning if you are new to the game but instructional directions also tend to control what players do. Quests offer limited choice while in following mode. I can reject what is being offered even if those saloon characters hand out rewards.

I decided not to play the fast track this holiday season. Someone else can work to be a gringo. Good luck there gringo. I'm happy at the moment playing with a goal I picked. I like playing the game even it means I'm a simple working cowpoke. Choose work play over smarter play? That is why I reject those lazy scripts. Imagine if we could buy from the shop an item that would give a player an auto level of 250 and top skills in each category for the $ purchase of X of course. Someone would buy into that I suppose and never need to play the game again? Their choice though, to each their own.

I get what you and Funny Girl are saying BigNoob but not sure who should have the responsibility of our health? Myself, I would rather make decisions based on my choices than rely on a online game company or leaders of a online game to make that kind of decision for me?

hpaul

Hi all,

In addition to all the above, in my opinion all players should start from the same level, let's start from equality and then everyone chooses their favorite category.
The shops of the cities should only have dueling clothes for sale, so that we are not forced to pay double prices asking for even more time that we should spend away from the "virtual life".
With this type of event, they want to put our real life on pause, because instead of making our work easier, it makes it very difficult by: waiting for seconds to level up, waiting for seconds to make money to pay twice items from other cities if your own city doesn't have them, no sign of a sleep restriction... others work around the clock without going to work, without eating, without showering or any other normal thing... others duel arranged and get experience for the top guaranteed...
all these things should be taken into account in the next event or maybe even implemented some here because there would be time...
Yes, you will say now that it is a speed world and that almost all actions are "on speed" but the event must be thought of constructively...let's think about our health first.

It's strictly my opinion. :)

Darkuletzz

Hi all,

In addition to all the above, in my opinion all players should start from the same level, let's start from equality and then everyone chooses their favorite category.
The shops of the cities should only have dueling clothes for sale, so that we are not forced to pay double prices asking for even more time that we should spend away from the "virtual life".
With this type of event, they want to put our real life on pause, because instead of making our work easier, it makes it very difficult by: waiting for seconds to level up, waiting for seconds to make money to pay twice items from other cities if your own city doesn't have them, no sign of a sleep restriction... others work around the clock without going to work, without eating, without showering or any other normal thing... others duel arranged and get experience for the top guaranteed...
all these things should be taken into account in the next event or maybe even implemented some here because there would be time...
Yes, you will say now that it is a speed world and that almost all actions are "on speed" but the event must be thought of constructively...let's think about our health first.

It's strictly my opinion. :)
We started from level 1

foscock

One more thing, Dr Roth.
You say that mod team members can't play on these speed worlds. That is true, but they certainly benefit. Any mod that donates a small amount of time to organizing/admin of the event gets a gift,. In this case it will be a Gringo item. And of course, Christmas is nearing, and you get that Christmas bonus to choose X number of items from any set. So excuse me if I laugh when in the new year, the mod team, and their friends, all seem to have Gringo, or upgraded Gringo.

hpaul

We started from level 1
You wanted to get in my nose with this answer but... my post is about some conditions in the rules that can be set before the start. ;)

If it suits you to put your life on hold for the duration of the event to play from lvl 1 a speed in the year 2023, good luck to you still struggling to get experience, money and buy double price clothes instead let's make it less complicated.

Beef1

Hi all,

Following a lot of comments that I have read and agree with the players I wanted to add some things. Have you ever wontered why in every event fewer players are being participating? If yes the you are on the right path, if no then let me present you some possible reasons (?). Rewards are the first reason because time & effort versus rewards have no balance. Second reason are the players, (i am not talking about those who plays a fair game and I was very very lucky that I had some of those players as duellers opponents.) There are some players who are playing a dirty game and ofcourse it can not be detected and we all know the reasons behind that. The problem with this game is there is not enough effort and drastically measures in order to ''decrease'' as much as possible these actions and I am not blamming only the gm's but as a community we have also our own responsibilities. This was the main reason that I quit from the speed event even after I was first at duels far ahead I can say from the others, because I dont agree with this kind of ''dirty game'' and I am sure that I am not the first player who quits from an event due to that reason. So what will be the outcome for the future possible events? Less players will be participated and in the end people who play ''dirty game'' will take the rewards. If you want to fix something then start with the events rules by putting restrictions for a fair gaime. for example : minimum duelling level for a reward, win-loose ratio and duelling xp bonus according to the duelling lvl (simmilar to xp category). I am sure that the other categories might have some gaps to fix them but i cant suggest anything for those categories cuz I didnt went too deep compared with duels.

Thank you all for helped me on this event and a specially a big thanks to my fair duellers opponents cuz you are the reason that I am a better player now. I hope you guys win that prizes because you know how to play a fair game :)

Best regards,
Beef1

Kamashullah

Would you look at the reports? There is a big difference between the money I earned in the 06/12/2023 report and the money I earned today. Why?

[report=14199287ac7a06865d]Job report: Hunting Foxes[/report]

[report=14626521d04e4ebbdb]Job report: Hunting Foxes[/report]

martoru

Would you look at the reports? There is a big difference between the money I earned in the 06/12/2023 report and the money I earned today. Why?

[report=14199287ac7a06865d]Job report: Hunting Foxes[/report]

[report=14626521d04e4ebbdb]Job report: Hunting Foxes[/report]
Double boost:
(Bonuses will be doubled)
  • Between 2023-12-05 04:00 and 2023-12-07 04:00
    • Money from jobs
    • Experience points from jobs

Ektoras BOTrini

Dueling category should be Win/lose ratio.

If you want to go for XP prepare to not sleep much until the end of the event and ask yourself, is it worth it?

You can go construction, it's the easiest.

You can also go for crafting, unfortunately crafting isn't available here but it should've even that market is disabled which is great.

Adventures are ok.

Moral of the story is not what you want to do or what you want to play, you just play for fun and enjoy the speed event bonuses , this pixel game will not last forever and surely wasting so much time and not enjoying real life is not worth it at all.

Friendly, kisses and hugs xxx xoxox

Dueling category should be Win/lose ratio.
I see a lot of objections to this. It would encourage duelers to only hit workers and players at lower levels. They would lose all motivation to duel equals and those better than them. As it stands now, there's really nothing to lose by attacking stronger players (except 10 minutes of your time) and lots to gain. If you happen to win, you gain a lot more xp. Also if you based it purely on ratio, does that mean a player who won 5 and lost 1 would beat someone who won 200 and lost 41? I like the dueling category based on duel xp as it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.