Heaven or Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14280

Will you two shut up?
I've read through the last couple of pages and you both look like pompous idiots, Adelei more so than Divest.

When this thread started, we were talking about whether we think heaven or hell is cooler.
Then, we got onto the topic of existence, which I find somewhat depressing.

I think the best thing to do about the problem of heaven/hell existing is to just make up stories and ignore the truth and unknown until science can tell us if another world really does exist.

DeletedUser14280

You've taken up two and a half pages with your argument with Adelie Niska, and it's not particularly funny,
you're just calling each other things.

DeletedUser

You've taken up two and a half pages with your argument with Adelie Niska, and it's not particularly funny,
you're just calling each other things.

Actually, I've tried very hard to NOT call Divest anything. I have focused on his arguments. Divest certainly hasn't done the same, but that's what the report button is for...or so I've been recently reminded.

But, I agree, we have strayed far from the original topic. To some extent, that's natural in this kind of thread and probably a good thing. But, considering the value conversation that has taken place, for my part, I apologize.

DeletedUser

A new heavens and a new earth

Heaven is definitely cooler - its the ultimate party! The greatest minds, the Great Wine Maker, no broken relationships... no pretentious naturalists insisting they know everything.

Hell is not the party. Hell is isolation, outer darkness and "I should have listened." If your "friends" and fav bands are there, you won't know 'cause you'll be alone.
The Wedding Banquet
Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. ‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ The man was speechless.

Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ For many are invited, but few are chosen.”
Now I ain't gonna hang around to defend myself so just pay attention as those who insist we are only meaty sacks of chemical reactions remind you that their chemical reactions are better than your chemical reactions.

Persuasion and truth belong to the worldview that believes in reason, and the importance of communication/relationships. And that ain't the dogmatic evolutionists who throw out free will.

Naturalists can only "persuade" when they borrow assumptions from other worldviews. When they're honest their truth claims are merely "my-cascading-chemical-reactions are more fit than your cascading chemical reactions."

Ask them to define "more fit" and they're stuck with "successfully passing on genes to subsequent generations"

But its the "narrowmindedBiblethumpingJesusfreaks" having all the kids, so...
...who is more fit?
I know this is very "drive by" to post and run, but you can telegram me in W4 if you feel compelled to shout me down.

DeletedUser

"Adelei Niska has not made any friends yet." Too busy posting threads to improve that newcomer status?

DeletedUser

Be careful Commodore, you may just unite Divest and Adelei in a common cause...being you.

/me grabs popcorn

DeletedUser

Be careful Commodore, you may just unite Divest and Adelei in a common cause...being you.

That's OK, I like bringing people together ;) and as I said, I won't be here to defend myself anyway.

It takes a while to find the actual ideas among the typical thread-drivel.

My idea of real hell would be nothing.
Not absolute nothingness, but a universe of which I'm the only inhabitant in existence.

That's from page 6. See. I posted before discovering the truly awe inspiring logic of Adeli and Hellstrom. And unless I stick around to go phrase by phrase with them they'll just dismiss what I said and everyone who's haunting the thread will fill another page with humor because they didn't really want to think about heaven or hell anyway. They just wanted to drop in and say how ignorant and superstitious anyone who does is.

See, if I was sticking around I'd fix the grammar in that last sentence.

DeletedUser

If you've been here this long, why not stick around and actually make a point? This thread could certainly use the discussion, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.