Feedback Gold rush 2024

WesternCalin

In a game where there is no other way to win than just being online 24/7 because of how the game is structured it makes no sense to create events that promote this type of behaviour of playing as much as you can. If you look at other games that do contests similar like this, you can play for 4hrs a day and have almost the same result as someone playing 16hrs a day but not using the best strategies. So again i will not play on any speed server until things are changed.

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
I don’t really understand how being top 1 in fort fights or adventures / duels requires 24/7 activity. The experience reward is only symbolic.

WesternCalin

No? How about trying to be nr1 in fort fights while having half of your oponent stats that has grinded 16hrs a day and is in top 20 or whatever in exp category. You cant compete in this game if you dont reach the max lvl or similar to what the highest exp lvl rank is.

Harriet Oleson

Please submit your event world idea in the Ideas & Brainfarts section.
If it is backed up by a large number of players we will think about it for the next speed event. We can’t shape an event based on a single player.
The idea of sleep requirements was already implemented by the team in the last speed server so it's supposed to have already been discussed and at least temporarily approved. There were already good feedback about it from players, and Syntex even wrote -> here <- : "Sleep time was introduced first time, we want to test how this is going. We will probably increase it for further events".
Martoru messages aren't about a personal idea he had. From what I understand the question was about why this change wasn't kept for this gold rush world ? Did it cause a particular problem for it to be removed while it was appreciated by players and proposed by the team itself ? Talking about "a single player opinion" or "try to suggest this idea" isn't really an answer knowing it's the team who proposed and implemented this idea in the first place.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
The idea of sleep requirements was already implemented by the team in the last speed server so it's supposed to have already been discussed and at least temporarily approved. There were already good feedback about it from players, and Syntex even wrote -> here <- : "Sleep time was introduced first time, we want to test how this is going. We will probably increase it for further events".
Martoru messages aren't about a personal idea he had. From what I understand the question was about why this change wasn't kept for this gold rush world ? Did it cause a particular problem for it to be removed while it was appreciated by players and proposed by the team itself ? Talking about "a single player opinion" or "try to suggest this idea" isn't really an answer knowing it's the team who proposed and implemented this idea in the first place.

As a strong advocate for sleep requirements I assure you this will not have been a one-time thing, and that there are ongoing efforts to find better mechanisms for a sleep requirement.

Still, There will be occasional sleepless events, particularly the shortest ones.

Snr Sarg

If you want everyone to be equal and have equal chances to win then we can randomly pick the winners but I think it’s not fair.

I'd legit prefer this, otherwise it is the same players, presumably with no lives, winning these events time after time