God vs Satan

DeletedUser

Technically Satan is responsible for all deaths in the world, it is not more for him to do the same for Job. God protected Job from these things because he was faithful, but since Satan said that Job was only faithful because of having good things, Jehovah let him be tested.

Since God gave him life anyway, he doesn;t have to give him anything more, doing what he did wasn't necessary, but he did it anyway.

1. Technically your God is responsible for all the deaths in the world.
2. So you're admitting it? God condones murder? Satan wanted to play a little game, God agrees; God 'lets'(instructs) Satan to test Job.

So the only thing bad thing Satan did apart from Satan being 'responsible for all deaths' was ordered by your God.

3. Oh, I see. "God gave him life", so he's allowed to instruct the destruction of everything he has. I guess God owes him nothing.
I foresee a rebuttal of "Of course, cause without Him, he wouldn't even be here."

DeletedUser

1. sorry, dead wrong. Ive explained this in several threads. If you want to blame someone for everyone dying from sin, then blame Adam and Eve, if they hadn't been deceived by Satan, there wouldn't be any death to talk about. I fail to see how you're siding with the person that has given us all a death sentence by lying to our ancestor.
2. God did not instruct, he allowed.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Please crack open a Bible before jumping into a debate you know nothing about.

3. None of us deserve life, God didn't need to create humans, or anything else for tht matter. But you see this precious gift you have as life and see it as nothing, absolutely nothing, but an accident of nature. And for that, i am sorry for you.

No, God doesn't owe you nor I not a thing, but is still willing to give everlasting life to anyone. And you're saying he's to blame.

DeletedUser

1. sorry, dead wrong. Ive explained this in several threads. If you want to blame someone for everyone dying from sin, then blame Adam and Eve, if they hadn't been deceived by Satan, there wouldn't be any death to talk about. I fail to see how you're siding with the person that has given us all a death sentence by lying to our ancestor.
2. God did not instruct, he allowed.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Please crack open a Bible before jumping into a debate you know nothing about.

3. None of us deserve life, God didn't need to create humans, or anything else for tht matter. But you see this precious gift you have as life and see it as nothing, absolutely nothing, but an accident of nature. And for that, i am sorry for you.

No, God doesn't owe you nor I not a thing, but is still willing to give everlasting life to anyone. And you're saying he's to blame.

1. Dead wrong? Okay.
- God created humans without the knowledge of good and evil. Just the ability to be little robots, and to follow his commands. Adam and Eve were just supposed to accept the fact that this God was right. Satan comes along, and coerces them; which isn't a hard task due to God's design flaw, in not giving his creation knowledge at all.

Satan gave humans knowledge, not God. He promised knowledge, and gave it. Now, you're rebuttal will be; he also promised they wouldn't die.

Let me ask you this? In what world do you call being mindless drones as life? I don't care how lavish the world would be, if people were all the same, without knowledge; I wouldn't accept it.

So in a sense, Satan gave us true life; for a life with restrictions, and being mindless drones isn't what I and many others would call life.

- Satan being 'responsible for all deaths'. Your God allows Satan to live, therefore your God is responsible for all deaths. Your God goes as far as working with Satan.

- Did God have to take life away from Adam and Eve? No. He just decided to keep knowledge hidden from humans. And when they sought after knowledge, he took their lives.

- Modern terms suggest that sins of the father die with the father. Why can't this be the case concerning Adam and Eve? Oh, that's right; your God just likes to kill things.

2. Does it really matter? Satan asked for God's permission, he might of not said yes, but he didn't say no. Point is, he condoned and allowed murder. Therefore, he is wrong as Satan is in this case.

Also, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. My family is Catholic, I attend a Catholic high-school, the majority of my community is Catholic. I've clearly had my share of reading the Bible, and discussing it's contexts.

3. Really? So, God would be content with spending eternity by himself, and his son unable to show his power? No. That doesn't make sense at all, and you're clearly a fool for believing so. An 'all-powerful' being spending all of time alone with his son, without being able to create something that would have him remembered forever.

Without God creating us, nobody would know of him; nor his power. So yes, he HAD to create us; for his own selfish and greedy needs.

God owes us everything. He commits acts of murder daily, has committed genocide, and basically destroyed the whole Earth's population at one point; and you're able to use the fact he 'created' us as an excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. Dead wrong? Okay.
- God created humans without the knowledge of good and evil. Just the ability to be little robots, and to follow his commands. Adam and Eve were just supposed to accept the fact that this God was right. Satan comes along, and coerces them; which isn't a hard task due to God's design flaw, in not giving his creation knowledge at all.

Satan gave humans knowledge, not God. He promised knowledge, and gave it. Now, you're rebuttal will be; he also promised they wouldn't die.

Let me ask you this? In what world do you call being mindless drones as life? I don't care how lavish the world would be, if people were all the same, without knowledge; I wouldn't accept it.

So in a sense, Satan gave us true life; for a life with restrictions, and being mindless drones isn't what I and many others would call life.

- Satan being 'responsible for all deaths'. Your God allows Satan to live, therefore your God is responsible for all deaths. Your God goes as far as working with Satan.

- Did God have to take life away from Adam and Eve? No. He just decided to keep knowledge hidden from humans. And when they sought after knowledge, he took their lives.

- Modern terms suggest that sins of the father die with the father. Why can't this be the case concerning Adam and Eve? Oh, that's right; your God just likes to kill things.

2. Does it really matter? Satan asked for God's permission, he might of not said yes, but he didn't say no. Point is, he condoned and allowed murder. Therefore, he is wrong as Satan is in this case.

Also, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. My family is Catholic, I attend a Catholic high-school, the majority of my community is Catholic. I've clearly had my share of reading the Bible, and discussing it's contexts.

3. Really? So, God would be content with spending eternity by himself, and his son unable to show his power? No. That doesn't make sense at all, and you're clearly a fool for believing so. An 'all-powerful' being spending all of time alone with his son, without being able to create something that would have him remembered forever.

Without God creating us, nobody would know of him; nor his power. So yes, he HAD to create us; for his own selfish and greedy needs.

God owes us everything. He commits acts of murder daily, has committed genocide, and basically destroyed the whole Earth's population at one point; and you're able to use the fact he 'created' us as an excuse.

way to prove you know nothing about teh very bible your arguing agianst

first and foremost if as u say god created man as robots then man wouldnt have been able to disobey god and eat of the tree

furhtermore you say god commits acts of murder yet never does god kill someone he gave a limited physical life but eternal spirits so therefore if the physical body dies the spirit lives on in fact the bible even says everyone will die once but be reborn

so far every argument you produce is full of massive amounts of either missing data or outright falsehoods about biblical content so either your a VERY bad debater or your simply pourposefully leaving out important facts hoping the jehovas witness wont catch you

but i guess u didnt expect a 3rd party that has gasp accualy read the bible and can correct your egregious errors

DeletedUser

furhtermore you say god commits acts of murder yet never does god kill someone he gave a limited physical life but eternal spirits so therefore if the physical body dies the spirit lives on in fact the bible even says everyone will die once but be reborn
I'll remember that the next time I put a few bullets in someone's skull. Not really murder, just destroying their physical body.

So... on that thought, why do you have an issue with abortion if only the physical body is being destroyed? I mean, if you want to argue that God does not kill because he only destroys the physical body, I think we can reasonably argue the same for just about any one else who takes a life, right?

Oh yeah, right, I forgot... it's heretical to point out the hypocrisy, sorry.

DeletedUser

1. Dead wrong? Okay.

Wow, just, wow.

Adam and Eve knew good and bad. They knew disobeying was bad, they knew death would be bad. They knew the difference, but they/nor we, can really know for ourselves what is good for us, and bad for us. God does. Satan was saying that God doesn't know what is good and bad.
And your arguement is invalid, because they did sin, they couldn't be mindless drones in the first place. If they were, they wouldn't have disobeyed. THINK before you speak, please.

For the sake of anyone interested in this, i respond, reluctantly i might add.

If someone told Japan that they would drop those atomic bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima, then everyone there has a chance to save themselves, but if they don't, then they will die. If someone stays behind anyway, then they chose to die. (I know this is pretty far stretched but for the sake of an illustration.)

Before the flood there was over a hundred years before the water fell. People could have been saved, but they chose death.

It is their fault, therefore.

I just hope your satisfied siding with the person that will be responsible for your death.

DeletedUser

I'll remember that the next time I put a few bullets in someone's skull. Not really murder, just destroying their physical body.

So... on that thought, why do you have an issue with abortion if only the physical body is being destroyed? I mean, if you want to argue that God does not kill because he only destroys the physical body, I think we can reasonably argue the same for just about any one else who takes a life, right?

Oh yeah, right, I forgot... it's heretical to point out the hypocrisy, sorry.

yet agian you seem to TOTALY miss the point that im discusing the BIBLE not my personal beleifs and for hte billionth time IM NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so ffs stop atributing common christian beleifs with bein automaticaly mine

i do share some beleifs with tehm but not all

this is a debate on god and satan which are christian concepts so im discussing it from a christian perspective not my own

DeletedUser8950

yet agian you seem to TOTALY miss the point that im discusing the BIBLE not my personal beleifs and for hte billionth time IM NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a debate on god and satan which are christian concepts so im discussing it from a christian perspective not my own
What religion are you, exactly?

DeletedUser

im NOT religious i a creationist or beleive in intelligent design , i bleeive there are many good ideologies we can take from many religions but i dont feel that any one religion has shown enuff to prove itself completely true to me so i learn from them what i can but do not follow any one religion

DeletedUser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent.
Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent.
Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?

Let's see our resident Christians deal with this.

I find it very funny that so many of you are very confused about basic philosophical discussions about religion, good, evil and philosophy. So many of you are so confused about religion that you confuse Paradise Lost with The Bible. I find it quite disheartening that you all embrace your misinformation as fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Lost

DeletedUser

Im sorry but I can praise who ever I want, I choose to praise my Lord God, you can praise who ever or what ever you want.

DeletedUser

I find it very funny that so many of you are very confused about basic philosophical discussions about religion, good, evil and philosophy. So many of you are so confused about religion that you confuse Paradise Lost with The Bible. I find it quite disheartening that you all embrace your misinformation as fact.

circle logic ploys do not a valid argument make

so lets leave the jr high philosiphy out of a serious debate pls

DeletedUser

I really hate having to repeat myself a hundred times, but it is getting quite annoying. Do you not read the Bible at all before making such accusations? If you would, you would see what God has in store for evil, and rewards for the good. The evil in this world has to take place in order for God to restore mankind to perfection. And to prove the issue of Universal Soveriegnty.

If you wish to further any claims, PM me. Since im done with this bias, idiotic, ignorant, unreasonable thread which makes no sense out of anything.

DeletedUser

circle logic ploys do not a valid argument make

so lets leave the jr high philosiphy out of a serious debate pls
I'm sorry kiddo, but Epicurus is hardly junior high philosophy. It's been debated by authors and it is the topic of many honors level undergraduate as well as graduate seminars at universities that you might attend once you finish high school.

I'd recommend that you refrain from making comments like yours above...Especially since you can't even spell philosophy, let alone understand some of its even basic entailments, such as understanding just what "circular logic" really is.

In short...You're in over your head....Stop digging, your hole is deep enough.

DeletedUser

Look ya screaming banshee (a joke on your use of huge text, not meant as an insult in any respect), it really doesn't matter what your religion is or is not. If you're going to pose a comment about what God does or does not do, I'm full entitled to respond to it from the counter-podium. And guess what, that's exactly what you did when you said, "... never does god kill someone he gave a limited physical life but eternal spirits so therefore if ..."

DeletedUser25529

Not that I believe in god or satan, but, doesnt it say god made man in his own image??

If that is the case, then we are only doing what he would do.

And those who say "he gave us choice to decide right and wrong" hmmm so he invented evil choices too????

God is evil, dont follow him kids :)

DeletedUser

Not that I believe in god or satan, but, doesnt it say god made man in his own image??

If that is the case, then we are only doing what he would do.

And those who say "he gave us choice to decide right and wrong" hmmm so he invented evil choices too????

God is evil, dont follow him kids :)

Like I said before, and dont tell me who to follow.

Im sorry but I can praise who ever I want, I choose to praise my Lord God, you can praise who ever or what ever you want.

DeletedUser

Well I belive God isn't evil so keep comments like.

Gods is evil, Dont follow him kids

To yourself.