God vs Satan

DeletedUser8950

Can I quote the original post (not mine)

http://daltonator.net/durandal/religion/satan.shtml

Read.
I love Satan! He just seems like a perfectly rational guy revolting against a god who has hissy fits...

From the article:
God
•God takes away Adam and Eve's eternal life, thus commiting the first murder, and holds their descendants responsible and visiting Adam and Eve's punishment down on their children. In today's moral standards, the sins of the father die with the father.
•God destroys all life on Earth in a great flood, except for a drunk (Noah) and his family, for failing to worship him.
•God's tenth plague upon the Israelites was the unjustified murder of all firstborn sons in Egypt, which undoubtedly included little children.
•Before sending the plagues to Egypt, God "hardened Pharaoh's heart" so that he wouldn't let the Israelites go, so he could have an excuse to visit horrible plagues upon them, like boils, killing cattle and murdering all firstborn sons. (Exodus 4:21)
•God orders the Levites to kill their "every man and his neighnor" for worshipping another god. This cost 3000 lives. (Exodus 32:27)
•God sends a plague to the Israelites, apparently feeling that mass-butchery wasn't enough of a punishment. (Exodus 32:35)
•God kills Onan for refusing to impregnate his late brother's (whom God also slew) wife and instead "spilling his seed on the ground." (Genesis 38:8-10)
•God kills the entire populations of Soddom and Gammorah (again, including women, children and infants) for practicing certain sexual techniques.
•God gives all Philistines hemorrhoids in their pubic areas. (1 Samuel 5:9)
•God kills over 50,000 people for looking at an ark. (1 Samuel 6:19)
•God kills 70,000 people because King David decided to have a census. (1 Chronicles 21:7-14)
•God approves of slavery, and instructs owners to beat their slaves. (Proverbs 29:19)
•And, finally, God makes sure that if you are guilty of even the smallest transgression, you shall suffer endlessly for all eternity, following a dramatic homecoming for Jesus, who will be extremely pissed off at everyone for putting him to death, even though it was just the Romans and even though he knew what was going to happen beforehand, and he could have easily avoided it by using his power as God to perform a miracle and prove who he was. (See the entire book of Revelation)

Satan
•Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.
•There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide. (Insert: This isn't technically true, as Satan tortured Job and killed his family, but with God's permission)
•There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
•Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Satan
•Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.
•There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide.
•There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
•Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.

Discuss.

Satan may come off as good now, but what if Humanity is just another chapter in the Universe? You've played Mass Effect Darknoon, what if in truth, after a society became advanced enough, Satan simply destroyed everything? What if the 'snake' that was satan, was some sort of monolith that portrayed intelligence to them? Then again, perhaps a videogame could explain the bible better than anyone else...

DeletedUser

As far as I know, satan never wrote a book, In my opinion , they God and Satan are having an arguement and Satan is being the bigger man(I don't own the rights for this line). And I think hell is under rated. If a murderer goes there, why would satan punish him? I think he would rather give him 70 hoockers. But still, I think there are some people(in this case... uhm, satan) that just wanna watch the world burn.(if he existed)

DeletedUser8950

Sovreign and Reapers ruthlessly culled all life in a cycle of genocide, for reasons unknown.
However, they were the most powerful force in the universe. Seeing as God is more powerful then Satan, he could interefere if he wished, as he isn't doing now.

Although I want real life Turians and Krogans so they can join my squad as tech's and biotics:laugh:

DeletedUser

Seeing as God is more powerful then Satan, he could interefere if he wished, as he isn't doing now.

Satan only exists because God allows him to. If you read the Book of Job, God allows Satan to 'test' Job, one of his most loyal followers. Therefore, I could correctly argue that, God is the root of all evil, and not Satan. If Satan was so weak, and God was so powerful; he could destroy him, and thus ending evil.

But he doesn't.

---

As for the Bible saying that Satan is the root of all evil. The Bible always has been, and always will be one-sided. Jesus calls Judas a traitor, never hear Judas' accounts in detail. God calls Satan a traitor, and the root of all evil, and Satan never gets to defend himself.

The Bible is the perfect propaganda machine. Anything that doesn't agree with the Christian thought-process is deemed unworthy, thus creating the most one-sided thing ever.

Seriously, ever wonder why Satan revolted? He must of had a good reason. For all we know, God was going to create civilizations all over the universe, and destroy them one by one; and Satan didn't like that.

I love the fact that humans had no knowledge of good & evil before Satan. So God was merely using us like little robots, and expecting us to comply. That hardly sounds like paradise to me..

DeletedUser

Good work Dn5. Get all the nutters over here and we can have sensible conversations on the other threads.:nowink:

DeletedUser

Truely, Satan was always better than God.

Who invented the Universe? God.
Who created good? God.
Who created evil? God.
Who created man? God.
Who tried to make us all into little robots? God.
Who tried to stop the robot process and give humans the chance of having free will and thought? Satan.

Basically, Satan is not the root of all evil. After all, who created the universe? I'm sure it's not Satan. To me, Satan was George Washington and God was King George. Satan and his one-third of angels? They were America. God and his two-thirds? Great Britain. However, God has a giant propaganda machine and therefore has influenced humanity into believing Satan is an evil guy who kills people. Even though, people declare holy wars in the name of Jesus Christ, the son of God, and not Satan.

DeletedUser

Id like to see Blondie get to this. I can't post now but ill be sure to comment in 2 days.

DeletedUser

Id like to see Blondie get to this. I can't post now but ill be sure to comment in 2 days.

Me too.
I'm sure it'll be full of speculation and interpretation.

Disregarding whatever the Bible says of Satan, and how he's all evil; you'd clearly see that God is way more evil than Satan. In my opinion, this isn't even a debate; cause anyone in favor of God is seriously close-minded.

DeletedUser

1. God did not take away eternal life, sin did.
Romans "The wages sin pays is death"
2.Satan lied, eating of the tree did not give eve more knowledge, the lie was that she could choose for herself what was good, and did not need God's help. Or leadership.
3.Satan will be destroyed, as prophesied in Revelation, sin and Satan had to run their course to prove that satan, nor man can rule mankind effectively.
4.Did God allow his only-begotten son come on Earth and die for people who spat in his face for thousands of years? I believe so.

If any of you in this thread have children, think for a second, would you ever let your son die for anyone? The first answer that would instantly pop in your head is NO!
5.Along with RAWDOG, it was satan who mislead eve and caused her to sin, not God, God gave her the option to serve him or not, and she chose not to. And the very fact that she didn't shows that we weren't robots, she was able to choose. That sounds like free will to me.

God did not create evil, Satan became so. Evil is a noticable quality that someone develops, it is something people can choose to be, and therefore not directly, or indirectly created by God. Evil is created by the person that is so.

The world is not one-sided, there is one book on the Side of God, and the whole world on the side of Satan, since he is Earth's ruler for the time being.

Why Satan revolted? Covetousness, he wanted to be worshipped. What did he ask Jesus to do on the mountain? "Do one act of worship to me."
Simple.

Im sorry if im insulting, but this is the only post ill make in this satanic arguement, since it is complete proof in of itself of who really controls this system.

DeletedUser

i plan to mostly stay out of this topic full of abusrdity however i feel i must comment on this

Who tried to make us all into little robots? God.
Who tried to stop the robot process and give humans the chance of having free will and thought? Satan.

according to the bible
god created us with Free Will so from moment one NOT robots

god gave adam everything to do with as he pleased except the fruit of ONE tree

he had every plant and EVERY animal to do with as he pleased all he had to do was leave one tree and one fruit alone

satan manipulated man into breaking the one and ONLY rule simply to spite god and undermine his creation ( man)

your generalizations have about as much validity as the old humorus circle poem

God is love
Love is blind
I am Blind
I AM GOD

its funny and clever but CLEARLY absurd

oh and PS this entire descition is predicated ont eh belief in god and satan and if one chooses to beleive in the exsistance of god and satan then one must also accept that the bible then is the word of god and if so then int he end satan will burn for all eternity along with all those who follow him

soooooo by that logic IF those things are accepted as true then int eh end id rather side with the winning team and say no matter how you try to twist it god wins and is by default the good guy :p

DeletedUser1121

according to the bible
god created us with Free Will so from moment one NOT robots

god gave adam everything to do with as he pleased except the fruit of ONE tree

he had every plant and EVERY animal to do with as he pleased all he had to do was leave one tree and one fruit alone

satan manipulated man into breaking the one and ONLY rule simply to spite god and undermine his creation ( man)

If anything, curiousity must have made Eve take a bite of that apple.
Because we all know, humans are curious. I have told my 2 year old son atleast a dozen times that the oven is hot and he shouldn't touch it.
And what did the little bugger do? Right he burned his hand..
Now, if that would be the work of Satan, then i am in a lot of trouble because things will only get worse from here :)

It is just a design flaw by God.. He gave men a thing that is stronger then they can control. That brought us a lot of good things, but like my little example showed some bad ones aswell.

DeletedUser

How do we know that really satan exists?I mean,if God created everything like it was told,why would he create his own enemy?:blink:(tumble)

DeletedUser

From my minimal knowledge about this topic Satan was an angel that rebelled against god or something like that then was cast down into hell.

Also if you haven't seen the movie legion watch it. Its a really good movie i thought and relates to this subject sort of.

DeletedUser

Yep seen it.And I also know about the fallen angel thing,:) But people are comparing satan as powerfull as God himself.The opposite of good.Whatever..--But didnt God knew that he would rebel..I mean,he could have stoped it.He could have destroyed him alot earlier...

DeletedUser

Ah, but according to Blondie, Angels can't die, so how is the omnipotent God supposed to destroy his own creation?

Oop, there we go again, those nagging contradictions.

DeletedUser

Blondie was wrong.

1st timothy 6:15-16
15which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

God alone is immortal. Just because one person says it dose not make it fact. Even if they do now alot about the topic.:)

DeletedUser1121

Ah, but according to Blondie, Angels can't die, so how is the omnipotent God supposed to destroy his own creation?

Oop, there we go again, those nagging contradictions.

Blondie was wrong.

1st timothy 6:15-16
15which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

God alone is immortal. Just because one person says it dose not make it fact. Even if they do now alot about the topic.:)

Well, there is the contradiction Hellstromm was talking about:

And they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection. (Luke 20:36)