GM - Scoundrels are here

DeletedUser

Threeson you might want to review the following:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=44527

So the dueling levels are reset each week. (And I just checked in-game, and they have indeed reset). That means that, unless somebody gets a "starting" dueling level higher than 120, some folks will rarely if ever have opportunity to duel them.

But perhaps some do have higher starting levels now. They moved and reset within the last couple days, but Henry "Doc" Holiday has a dueling level of 145. Perhaps the wish of my friend Mr. Fate has been granted.

DeletedUser1121

We try to make this event fun for everybody.
So i guess someone listened to your wishes :)

DeletedUser

Does this scoundrel thing have a finite end time? It really hasn't affected my game play either way. I got hit once and crushed by the highest level scoundrel they had. Wow what's so new and improved fun about that? Sounds pretty much like everybody who duels ya now days. Then I went lookin' for some of'em repeatedly and THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO BE SLEEPING! Seriously was there some really fun part of this I missed and it's over now or what?

DeletedUser30647

Why howdy there Baron Dirk. Crushed by a high level scoundrel? LOL!!! Sounds like good fun to me :p I can't imagine what problem you are having however, except perhaps the fact that you are ko atm?

DeletedUser

Well Belle you are always sleeping or too low level for me to duel anyway. So seriously how is this improving gameplay? Do you have an intelligent and respectful reply? Even with the abuses of it on W4 the Tex/Mex war was much more fun and livened that world up a lot more than this. Come on refine this idea into something workable. Jesus, Ya'll are gonna call me racist here (but why I'm half mex/ half german) but why can't we have a good old cowboy and indian war. Do it just like the tex/mex one except having towns with only indian avatars or white avatars and let the mexican avatars throw in with who they want. They were kinda divided in the actual tex/mex war anyway.

DeletedUser

The last GM on w4 was a fort battle one. This GM is a dueling one. Dueling a scoundrel is not really the same as dueling other characters. They are trained killing machines, fast to draw and straight shooters/fine swordsmen. You probably tried to duel them after a battle they were hired for. Bad luck. It means you are not active enough. You need to hunt them down, day and night. They are on the move a lot and know how to hide.
Only a few managed to catch and win a duel against them. It is meant to be a challenge and it all depends on you if you take that challenge. They make the first move many times, but it is up to you to show them who's better.

DeletedUser

Baron, I'm no longer participating in the event, as I'm no longer a staff member, but let me clear things up a bit.

The W4 event was staff-driven, the W6 event is player-driven. That's the major difference.

The W4 event required staff to manage the two opposing towns, recruit, initiate fort wars and lead those fort wars. Things simply didn't happen in that event unless the staff members initiated, organized, managed, ran it. Unfortunately, it felt like work to the staffers and wasn't all that fun for many of the players.

The W6 event requires staff to simply role-play their respective NPC. Players don't have to participate if they don't wish, but may still encounter the NPCs in a duel, raid, or fort war. If players wish to participate, they may visit their sheriff's office, take a gander at the warrants imposed on the NPCs, and attempt to collect on some rather hefty bounties. Alternatively, or in addition to, players can hire NPCs for duels, town raids, alliance raids, and/or to fill the ranks in a fort war attack.

So, without attempting to sound too obnoxious, it's up to you what you want to make of this event. The NPCs are props in a stage, but it's your play.

DeletedUser

You probably tried to duel them after a battle they were hired for. Bad luck. It means you are not active enough. You need to hunt them down, day and night. They are on the move a lot and know how to hide.
Only a few managed to catch and win a duel against them. It is meant to be a challenge and it all depends on you if you take that challenge. They make the first move many times, but it is up to you to show them who's better.

Dang, can any of you read?! Miss D you need to check your records before assuming anything. I am probably more active a player than you. Plus giving a bunch of "volunteer" players a carte blanche with extra powerful gear and weapons to go around and mess up other peoples game play doesn't really sound like fun to me. Ya know this is sounding the same as the "Volunteers" defense against abuses on W4!

And none of you have yet to address my freakin' question how this world or gameplay could be made better?

(Plus giving a bunch of "volunteer" players a carte blanche with extra powerful gear and weapons.... yeah really who had that stuff when they were that level even with premium!)

DeletedUser

Entitlement issues much?

Seriously Baron, get over yourself. The so-called volunteer players you're referring to are staff members. Their participation in the event is closely monitored and under strict guidelines. If you feel there is an abuse of power at any point, then I suggest you report it, but definitely refrain from imposing general, unsubstantiated allegations in the forums. It's not only unacceptable, but just plain unappreciative of the time put into managing and developing this game (ingame and out). So, seriously, take your self-serving rant and shove it deep, deep, deep --- down a well.

And as to the question you presented, I DID freakin' answer it, you're just too busy treating staff members like crap to pay attention:
If players wish to participate, they may visit their sheriff's office, take a gander at the warrants imposed on the NPCs, and attempt to collect on some rather hefty bounties. Alternatively, or in addition to, players can hire NPCs for duels, town raids, alliance raids, and/or to fill the ranks in a fort war attack.

So, without attempting to sound too obnoxious, it's up to you what you want to make of this event. The NPCs are props in a stage, but it's your play.

DeletedUser

Dang, can any of you read?! Miss D you need to check your records before assuming anything. I am probably more active a player than you. Plus giving a bunch of "volunteer" players a carte blanche with extra powerful gear and weapons to go around and mess up other peoples game play doesn't really sound like fun to me. Ya know this is sounding the same as the "Volunteers" defense against abuses on W4!

And none of you have yet to address my freakin' question how this world or gameplay could be made better?

(Plus giving a bunch of "volunteer" players a carte blanche with extra powerful gear and weapons.... yeah really who had that stuff when they were that level even with premium!)

well less negativity from arrogant asses is definitely a step in the right direction on making the world a better place.

sounds like another wannabe bully jealous that he cant beat up on others with a power build....

DeletedUser

Baron, I'm no longer participating in the event, as I'm no longer a staff member, but let me clear things up a bit.

The W4 event was staff-driven, the W6 event is player-driven. That's the major difference.

The W4 event required staff to manage the two opposing towns, recruit, initiate fort wars and lead those fort wars. Things simply didn't happen in that event unless the staff members initiated, organized, managed, ran it. Unfortunately, it felt like work to the staffers and wasn't all that fun for many of the players.

The W6 event requires staff to simply role-play their respective NPC. Players don't have to participate if they don't wish, but may still encounter the NPCs in a duel, raid, or fort war. If players wish to participate, they may visit their sheriff's office, take a gander at the warrants imposed on the NPCs, and attempt to collect on some rather hefty bounties. Alternatively, or in addition to, players can hire NPCs for duels, town raids, alliance raids, and/or to fill the ranks in a fort war attack.

I do not wish to take part in this but it seems that the staff role players can not allow that to happen. Pretty bad when 1 all but unbeatable player knocks you out and 8 hours 10 minutes later another one does the same and then 20 minutes later the first one is back to attack again even though you are already knocked out again so it is in no way up to you if you take part or not. Some may look at this is fun but I am not one of them. As soon as I figure out what to do with my stuff on the 3 worlds I play in I am so out of here. That should free up some more room for other people that like it when the staff beats up on the people trying to just have a bit of fun.

DeletedUser

They were probably hired to duel your alliance. Don't take it personal.

DeletedUser

Ah! Well see, they are always moving around the map, not staying in a county for to long. In each county they go, they devastate everything, duel anybody they can duel. It might be cause they are fearless and like to get in trouble or just do it for the money, who knows?

DeletedUser31931

Can someone please explain what GM and Scoundrels are. I choose World 6 just as it pooped up on my screen as recommended now can someone please explain this all to me.

DeletedUser

GM (world) = game mastered (world)
Scoundrels = NPC (non playing characters) ran by the moderating team acting as villains and dueling anybody. If you catch one (I mean - if you win a duel against one) you get a bounty. They are up for hire to duel or battle attack. Their main purpose is to liven up a quiet world.

DeletedUser31931

Thanks. but meaning of Game mastered? I really don't get this at all sorry.

DeletedUser

the scoundrels are suppose to move county every week. they have not moved for weeks. what is the go with this ?

DeletedUser

Thanks. but meaning of Game mastered? I really don't get this at all sorry.
Because the moderating team is involved in a special event with the purpose of increasing the activity of that world, it is called: Game Mastered.

the scoundrels are suppose to move county every week. they have not moved for weeks. what is the go with this ?

They did. The town's name is the same, no matter where they go, but watch the county closely. They do move every week. I think is almost time for them to move again.

DeletedUser14006

Time to change the name of this thread to 'The Scoundrels are on Vacation'

Come on guys, I signed up here to get a taste of the scoundrels and most are not here :(

2j2dgkk.png

Last edited by a moderator: