Ghost Towns... Far Too Easy

DeletedUser

With this idea, you are taking away something from those low level people which encourages/motivates them to play the game. Leave it as it is. Being able to hunt the large ghost towns first before others do is a reward to such players for being active.

yes but no one is going to join im not going to join a town with a lv 5 leader and not only that but why should a newbie that has been on this game for a week be able to take a town in 8 hours thats been worked on for months

DeletedUser

yes but no one is going to join im not going to join a town with a lv 5 leader and not only that but why should a newbie that has been on this game for a week be able to take a town in 8 hours thats been worked on for months

In this point, I still disagree. Why shouldn't they?

DeletedUser

mate say what you want to but i think its not fair to take somthing that required so much work and money to be taken by a newbe in 8 hours

DeletedUser

With this idea, you are taking away something from those low level people which encourages/motivates them to play the game. Leave it as it is. Being able to hunt the large ghost towns first before others do is a reward to such players for being active.

If a free meal ticket is what encourages some of them to play, then what's the use when they have a big town that was founded as a ghost town and they manage to get people to join and eventually get bored, and then Go inactive and get auto deleted? The only thing good that comes out of that is you get a big town full of people and no town founder. Pretty much pointless if half the members hate the name, which lets say is "Pretty Pink Unicorn Fuzz!" or something near as much annoying. Everyone leaves the town and some other noob takes it. Its basically the circle of Noob.

I have already proven that someone can just start the game and make a few hundred bucks and buy a huge town. Here's a tip, No one wants to join a noob except for: NOOBS! And I hate noob towns (This of course directed at Noobs who just started the game and have no idea how it works, myself or other experienced members not included).

If I can figure out how to found a town in 3 days, then a really smart noob can too. Thousands of dollars and countless weeks of energy go into the high point ghost towns, its a dishonor for a Level 56 to see a Level 5 noob at the helm of the old town controlling it. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a Level 37, but a Level 5 who just started the game and has no idea of the workings is just plain disgraceful.

Face it. Ghost Towns NEED to be harder to found.

DeletedUser

Its something that needs to be done and I will not rest until It is on the Voting ballot.

We need to accomplish this, the West is far too easy for new players and when they level up they get mad and quit because of the sharp raise in difficulty in later game. We need the Dedicated players to be in the game, not simple noobs who don't really care about the game and just want to waste a few minutes. What else explains all of the Inactive Level 1s through level 6s laying around everywhere? Failed birth control?

DeletedUser13020

let the newbie score a nice town for himself. I think you are just a little upset that you may have had to start your own town from scratch.

DeletedUser

let the newbie score a nice town for himself. I think you are just a little upset that you may have had to start your own town from scratch.

I DID found a High point Ghost town, I did not start a town from scratch.

What are you talking about? I founded a ghost town that had 8,625 points, Yes its ironic that im so against it but I think it's stupid that it's so easy. Please read my posts before attempting an argument TP.

DeletedUser

What is the difference between a founding a ghost town and a low level town member being the last one left after everyone else leaves.

Hint: Answer = nothing.

There are more ways for a low level player to have a big town than just by founding it. Do you want to eliminate these methods too?

Leave it as it is.

DeletedUser13020

so what you are saying is....."whoooo!I scored myself a good town for cheap....now make it hard for everyone else now!"

DeletedUser

What is the difference between a founding a ghost town and a low level town member being the last one left after everyone else leaves.

Hint: Answer = nothing.

There are more ways for a low level player to have a big town than just by founding it. Do you want to eliminate these methods too?

Leave it as it is.

Again, you people who are disagreeing are not reading my posts. What is it with you? to upsetting to lose a good way at getting a free meal ticket? Too eager to disagree? Give it a rest and read for once. I've stated this stuff before. Can't you be bothered to read my claims?

Anyways... On with the Discussion...

Im talking about the Noob being Town Founder.

Not every town founder chooses to leave their town. They often go Inactive and disapear or get Banned for something. Then no one is made town Founder and it goes on with just Council and the lowers scrambling to keep the town under control and safe, ultimately getting sick of having no founder and leaving, and poof. New ghost town.

DeletedUser

And T, no, I am not saying that I want everyone else to have a hard time. Im saying I see no point in Joining a town with a beautiful community when There are thousands of High Point ghost towns scattered about that you can have high rule over. Its pointless. If people want to play, they have to be in it for a community.

DeletedUser

I read your post. I disagree with it.

People play for all sorts of reasons. Not necessarily the reasons you play for. Some people do not play for community. You can't force them to by taking away the ghost towns.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13020

Anyways... On with the Discussion...

Im talking about the Noob being Town Founder.

Not every town founder chooses to leave their town. They often go Inactive and disapear or get Banned for something. Then no one is made town Founder and it goes on with just Council and the lowers scrambling to keep the town under control and safe, ultimately getting sick of having no founder and leaving, and poof. New ghost town.

So a player must have certain amount of experience to be a founder? If the founder disappears because of inactivity or gets banned, then any councilor can submit a ticket saying that there is no founder and then a dev can make him founder, its easy so no big deal. They continue playing.

If someone cared so much about their town that they would not want to see another "noob" take their town so easily then they probably wouldn't leave at all.

DeletedUser

Well I guess neither of you will see the way I see it. There is no sense in the High horse of Repetition riding again, so Im still waiting for more Ideas to go along with The ghost town regulations.

DeletedUser

I think one of the things you're completely missing here David, is that large ghost towns exist in worlds that have been going on for quite some time, and thus lots of people are already running around at level 40+, and plenty of towns already exist where people can join if they want to be associated with an active group.

Ghost towns, for the most part, are a bad thing to buy, even if they look tempting. There's a reason they became ghost towns, and it usually has to do with the neighbors and their trigger-happy residents. So, really, let the noob buy the ghost town. He'll learn, just as the previous residents learned, why "location, location, location" is far more important than the seeming deal.

And also, people who really get to enjoy the game are the ones who participate in fun and active towns. A low level player who purchases a ghost town is going to be very lonely. He is not likely to find a lot of people to join him in that town, especially not with so few new low levelers joining a well-established world.

And what's with this "right hands" crap? Is a high level person more entitled to purchase a town than a low level person? Do they have to be of a certain temperament? Must they be genetically superior in some way? Seriously, if you want a particular town, and there's a low level person who presently owns it, tell him you'll join his town if he makes you a founder. Maybe he'll be dumb, maybe not.

DeletedUser

I absolutely agree with everything Hellstromm just said, and I'll also add this: Older worlds with many ghost towns also have plenty of maxed out towns in need of more townspeople.
Joining a maxed town with no required donations gives a much bigger advantage for a new player than any ghost town could possibly give, but a smart founder in need of active players does not turn people away or demand tributes just because of some "I didn't get it so easy when I started out" mentality.

DeletedUser

Joining a maxed town with no required donations gives a much bigger advantage for a new player than any ghost town could possibly give...
Some players join well established, maxed out towns (or empires), in order to get better accommodation, better gear, full sets, better player interaction, more organized dueling/fort battles; shortly: to get what they want.
Some players claim a ghost town to be a town founder, and set the rules; shortly: to get what they want.
Some builders start a new town for the sense of accomplishment they get when finishing a building; shortly: to get what they want.

DeletedUser

Some players join well established, maxed out towns (or empires), in order to get better accommodation, better gear, full sets, better player interaction, more organized dueling/fort battles; shortly: to get what they want.
Some players claim a ghost town to be a town founder, and set the rules; shortly: to get what they want.
Some builders start a new town for the sense of accomplishment they get when finishing a building; shortly: to get what they want.
I agree, and I have done both the first and third of your examples on different worlds. I was under the impression that the OP is concerned that ghost towns are providing some kind of "advantage" to new players, that is in some way unfair. My point is that it is just a different world once many towns are built, and new players would get the same, or better "advantage" by joining an existing town.

DeletedUser

What exactly is broken here??

If a founder leaves and noone takes it over might as well have a new owner whenever they want it. They gain no advantage compared to other towns hell they have a disadvantage compared to joining a preestablished town through lack of members.

All that hard work has gone to waste from the founder themselves and noone else . He broke the rules or went inactive or disbanded the town himself so i doubt he cares very much what his old town is like.