Ghost Towns... Far Too Easy

DeletedUser

I know I will be kicking myself in the butt for suggesting this change but here it goes.

Ghost Towns are far too easy to found. By Level 5, alot of noob players Have 310 or more dollars and can simply sleep at the nearest hotel room and then leave to buy a Ghost Town. Now these ghost towns can range from 500 points to 40000 and are basically far to easy to take over. I, myself, have taken advantage of this deal on multiple occasions, a few times 4 months ago and again once recently. In World 1 I managed to find a 8625 point Ghost Town and I decided to buy it with money I got from only Picking Sugar Cane and Early Quests. Alot of effort goes into these towns, (Judging by the Precise and Fancy Items in mine) and many people who leave the towns often feel embarrased to see a Level 5 Noob residing in their once great Oasis of the West.

I am a bit of a hypocrate in this situation as when I see other low level players residing in high point ghost towns, I get a little bit angry.

So, I have come to have an Idea to make Ghost Towns Easier to Claim, or atleast a little less appealing.

Here are a few Ideas I have racked up, wether they should be related or not is up to you, the viewer:

- Rise the Price of Ghost Towns

- Require a Repair Skill requirement that is related to the Town Points (The Higher the points, the higher the Repair Skill needed)

- Give Town Founders an Option to damage the town in a way before they leave (Depending on their construction level or something, they can choose to "Sabatoge" The town before they leave, and reduce progress on building things or even revert a buildings level by -1 level or more depending on their Construction, Stamana, Labor, ect.

- Make a Level minimum for players to found towns (example: Level 15 minimum)

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, then mabey it will make it to the Polls stage, because that's what Im hoping for.

DeletedUser

1000 still wouldn't be enough.

There needs to be more rules to help keep ghost towns in the right hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

A level 5 noob is not going to have $1000 on them, that's the cost of founding more than three towns! Even if they did they'd probably take the cheaper option not realising how much better off they'd be by paying the $700.

DeletedUser

I think the price should be because of the town points:unsure:

DeletedUser

That is turth!!!

level 5 player has got 24000 construction points and my town has got 520 points and my level is 9! Level 5 player can bulid a fort!:huh::eek:hmy:! :mad:How it is possible?:huh: Ansver: Ghost town!:mad:

DeletedUser

many people who leave the towns often feel embarrased to see a Level 5 Noob residing in their once great Oasis of the West.
It's a ghost town because the original owner/owners couldn't make a go of it and joined a larger town or became bored and quit the game. Either way, they're not likely to feel "embarrassed". And why are you assuming that every level 5 is a Noob. A level 5 in one world could be a level 60 in another and is just checking out the world or a new pure build.

There needs to be more rules to help keep ghost towns in the right hands.
What right hands? This game is clearly made to be played by people who have widely differing views on how best to play it. For some, obviously, the social interaction/competition of the game is what makes it valuable to them. But for many others, it is enjoyed as a single player game; living in a one person town and going about their game the way they want to play. For these people, ghost towns are great. I say kudos to them for finding ready made towns to suit them.

I actually do both. I'm very active in large, fully built towns in 2 worlds and in another world, I reside in an 11,000 pt former ghost town. I'll stay there until it doesn't suit my needs anymore and when I leave, I'll know that someone else will come along and enjoy the town.

DeletedUser

Give those people chance to play. Low level players will at least find something interesting to stay on with the game by pursuing those decent built ghost towns.

DeletedUser

Ghost Towns need more requirements. In reality, an abandoned town would deteriorate. So what you would have to do is Repair it. The Repair Skill, Construction Skill, Labor Skill, Founding Skill and Leadership Skill would play a good part in Founding Ghost Towns. They would have to be organized to suit the Points level of the town. Also, founding the town isn't cheap, you need Money. $1 dollar per # of Town Points would make the game much better, After all, items are ridiculously Expenisve (price is X4 when in other towns) so why should Ghost Towns be so cheap in comparrison?

DeletedUser8950

I saw a 16000 ghost town before. I agree it is a bit unfair, but what can you do about it? Maybe the larger the ghost town, the more it costs to found one?

DeletedUser

What is the point of this?
I can see no unfair advantage it gives these players.

Pointless idea.

DeletedUser13020

many people who leave the towns often feel embarrased to see a Level 5 Noob residing in their once great Oasis of the West.

If they cared so much about it why would they just leave the town so anybody can get it? Just let the lvl 5 newbie score a nice little town for himself. A town that others have abandoned. what is so harmful about that, there is no problem there. Your idea would make things unnecessarily harder for the new guys.

DeletedUser

If they cared so much about it why would they just leave the town so anybody can get it? Just let the lvl 5 newbie score a nice little town for himself. A town that others have abandoned. what is so harmful about that, there is no problem there. Your idea would make things unnecessarily harder for the new guys.

It is far to easy. I did it myself even. When I reached level 5 I had amassed enough money from picking sugarcane to Get a full hotel stay AND buy a 8625 point ghost town. Normally, I would have to be around Level 25 with pure builder to even dream of accomplishing the creation of such a large town. What I am saying is its far to easy, no challange.

DeletedUser

i do agree with him some what i dont see why a low lv member should be able to get a maxed out town

i agree with a lv requirment 1000 points= 1 lv minumum

and the money one

DeletedUser

Myself, I've started playing on world 1 when forts were announced, just to see how they were and be more prepared to when they arrived in my worlds. A week later, I've found a ghost town with 17k points, and that was motivation enough for me to keep playing in W1.

Hence, I agree that there are positive things in cheap ghost towns.

(Later on, I've deleted my account and started over again. I had my reasons, but it doesn't matter in this discussion.)

After all, items are ridiculously Expenisve (price is X4 when in other towns) so why should Ghost Towns be so cheap in comparrison?
At first glance, I was against it, but well this is a good point. Also, one can get a ghost town just to get that donkey for $250 + $300 = $550, instead of spending $1000 in a foreing town (and generating the money to a active town).
In reality, an abandoned town would deteriorate. So what you would have to do is Repair it.
IRL, they will only deteriorate if they are abandoned for a long time. I think that it would be great if time caused the town to deteriorate. So, when someone re-found a ghost town, he will only get acces to lower levels of the current building levels. He could repair them by spending some money and some time in 'Repairing Buildings' in order to enable them to work at the maximum constructed level. This time/cost should be shorter than the time/cost necessary to level up a new building, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With this idea, you are taking away something from those low level people which encourages/motivates them to play the game. Leave it as it is. Being able to hunt the large ghost towns first before others do is a reward to such players for being active.