Resolved Getting That Golden Colt

delldell56

Thats allright Elmyr is making sure I don't get my Golden Colt.Been drilling oil 2 days straight with cloth and it's a slow go nothing much to show.I think I have always gotten it quickly never remember this problem.

elmyr says "give dell a lump, so she casts a lucky spell on you to get it faster" ;)

DeletedUser

Im starting to hit my head against a wall here. I started this quest back towards the beginning of June and still im not having much luck on Dakota completing the questline. The lump of dirt took around 2 weeks to drop ...now this...

At the moment im looking for the Golden Revolver .......... I have the roll of cloth equipped and the dusty revolver in my inventory.

I have just ran out of energy for the 10th day now drilling for oil and still not had the golden revolver drop. Thats around 300 attempts ....

Have the requirements changed, am i missing something or just unlucky?

DeletedUser

unlucky is the word..try 15 sec jobs keeping your motivation a bit high

DeletedUser

Day 12 is over and still no drop. I have tried 15 sec, 10 min, 1hr jobs ..... silver bonus ....keeping the motivation high ...keeping it low .... This is as bad or if not worse than trying to find the 3rd key. It shouldnt take this long.

DeletedUser12669

try that thing they call praying in that white building found in towns it worked for me, no hat and no guns

DeletedUser

try that thing they call praying in that white building found in towns it worked for me, no hat and no guns

No comment. Alright, a comment: correlation does not imply causation. Just because you prayed and it dropped doesn't mean any more than what you had for lunch that day.

DeletedUser

Day 13: Well so much for praying .... that had no effect either ..... still no drop. Im out of energy yet again. I will be glad to see the end of this quest, if one ever comes.

I know there was talk of some of the quest drop frequency being changed. Is anyone else currently having this problem with this quest?

DeletedUser12669

damn i must of been very lucky i found the highest level church and bang it dropped within 20mins, hang tough squire you'll get it

DeletedUser

I know there was talk of some of the quest drop frequency being changed. Is anyone else currently having this problem with this quest?

I gave up on Dakota when I got tired of transporting ammo full time. I'll go back to it at some point, but I want to get to 600 crafting first.

DeletedUser

Do you have Positive points on the job after equipping the roll of cloth?

I just made that step on my lower level world... it taked 2h (just 2 jobs). I had 10 positive points.

Now dropping the golden colt... that´s another matter.

Ps- on 3 day of trying to drop the golden colt, i got 4 lump of dirt... since i have to take out motivation everyday, i made a collection of dirt.

DeletedUser

Well I have 4 bronze pickaxes showing:

291 skillpoints in drilling for oil
105 fine motor skill points
1 roll of cloth equipped
1 very dusty revolver in my inventory

Oh and 40 pages of drilling for oil reports...........and counting

DeletedUser22685

Four bronze pickaxes means you have negative LP (hover over the job icon on the map for your exact LP), which is probably why you can't get it to drop.

DeletedUser

I have -4 LP for drilling oil on Dakota where i cant get this to drop.

Yet on Arizona, I had -39 LP and the revolver dropped fine there.

At this stage, i will give anything a go....ive moved some skill points around to put me in positive LP ...ill see how this goes now today

DeletedUser30224

As I can remember, someone mentioned this before that they got a quest drop with negative LP, whether or not was a bug or just the fact that negative LP gives you a serious malus, best use positive LP when you can.

DeletedUser

Day 14: oil drilling

Well the golden revolver finally dropped. It looks like having positive LP did the trick

thanks guys

DeletedUser12669

congrats wohali ;)good luck on the next step

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35089

i am doing the river fishing part with the lump of dirt equipped and between the server time 18:00-20:00. does it matter what time of jobs u do 15sec 10min or 1hour ?

DeletedUser35089

now they changed the quest i just found out, i am only level 59 now i can't finish it till level 70. i am a premium solider. so i can use it at level 64. Does inno not want me to spend nuggets anymore. why would they change it? :(

DeletedUser

now they changed the quest i just found out, i am only level 59 now i can't finish it till level 70. i am a premium solider. so i can use it at level 64. Does inno not want me to spend nuggets anymore. why would they change it? :(

Good point, that is stupid.