Resolved Getting That Golden Colt

DeletedUser35248

Can't get golden colt

with A golden revolver equipped and 10 fools gold in inventory, even thou i manage to lover motivation below 30% there is no golden colt. Tried at least five times.
I pretty much guess that last step has been changed.

DeletedUser

with A golden revolver equipped and 10 fools gold in inventory, even thou i manage to lover motivation below 30% there is no golden colt. Tried at least five times.
I pretty much guess that last step has been changed.

Five times is nothing. I went to 0% a couple times in getting golden Colts before 2.0. As I said, quest drops seem to have been tweaked for 2.03 on Beta since I had no trouble with any part of the golden Colt drops there.

DeletedUser35250

As long as I equip a pickaxe and do transport ammunition, is it true that there is always a chance of getting lump of dirt? or will it stop dropping if I complete the quest or already have a lump of dirt in my inventory?

DeletedUser

You can get more than 1 lump of dirt doing transporting ammunition with a pickaxe equipped even if you have completed the golden colt quest :)

DeletedUser

I am over 120 tries for the lump of dirt, and still havent gotten it in world one. I wonder if they changed or eliminated this quest??? That would really piss me off.

fortfighter1

No just takes a long time sometimes to find the lump, make sure you have the pickaxe equipped when transporting ammunition. It can takes days to find or you can find it in the first few hours, depends on your luck.

DeletedUser34767

The toughest part of this quest is the patience required to repeat the various jobs until getting the lucky result that moves you on to the next task. I'm currently on the drilling for oil with the roll of cloth step and have done this quite a number of times ( as a tonic peddler at least I can make use of the oil I am finding ). Just be glad there is a cool result ( Golden Colt ) at the end of it. Some quest lines leave me wondering why I bothered grinding through them for the quest completed 25 achievement points.

DeletedUser22685

I am over 120 tries for the lump of dirt, and still havent gotten it in world one. I wonder if they changed or eliminated this quest??? That would really piss me off.

The lump is the hardest part followed by the river fishing step, so once you get those out of the way you shouldn't have any problem with the quest.

DeletedUser

People, talking about the lump of dirt:
1. Check the market every day
2. I was doing Transport Ammunition like 5-10 times a day when I had some free time and I had enough resources and already did 4/4 daily tasks.
3. Keep motivation at least 50 or more.
4. I got it on 90% motivation, it was like 30th time in the game, I think I am a bit lucky.
5. I don't really know, but I think "In retrospect, just flicking the cigarette behind you wasn't very smart..." and the lump drop has something in common.

Ripwise

It was always pre 2.0 that you need to get damaged on the job for the lump to drop, i dont know how is it now.

DeletedUser

I did 30 jobs, most of injuries was "Bandits attack the transport", tho when I had 1-5 LP and without pickaxe, 33% of injuries was "In retrospect...". Naturally, since Lump of Dirt is a hard drop, maybe the danger chance of "In Retrospect..." is lower and you need exactly this injury to get the lump. Altrought it won't help you get the lump

DeletedUser22685

3. Keep motivation at least 50 or more.
4. I got it on 90% motivation, it was like 30th time in the game, I think I am a bit lucky.

Motivation doesn't affect quest drops, you can get it with 0%.

I did 30 jobs, most of injuries was "Bandits attack the transport", tho when I had 1-5 LP and without pickaxe, 33% of injuries was "In retrospect...". Naturally, since Lump of Dirt is a hard drop, maybe the danger chance of "In Retrospect..." is lower and you need exactly this injury to get the lump. Altrought it won't help you get the lump

It doesn't need to be that injury, any one will do. BOOOM! was actually the first one it was found with and for a while there it was believed that it had to be BOOOM!.

DeletedUser16628

Funny I have had no problem finding lumps of dirt.I found 2 yesterday and 4 last week.Just need to pray or even better just buy 1 from me on the market.

DeletedUser

Funny I have had no problem finding lumps of dirt.I found 2 yesterday and 4 last week.Just need to pray

Funny, I had no problem finding one on Beta (only Colt I've done so far in 2.0x) without praying, nor have I with anything else without that step that everyone posts as the ultimate solution to all problems with drops.

Edit: Oh yeah, and possibly counterproductive since I've always thought prayer would be much more logical if all it did was reduce the chance of injury instead of the Santa Claus effect the believers seem to think it gives.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34767

When you finally succeed at the task, whatever actions you took, no matter how ridiculous, were the key to success. I'm up to 80 plus tries on the drilling for oil step. Starting the job standing, sitting, clicking mouse with left hand, right hand, index finger, middle finger, .....

I'm sure the correct solution will eventually reveal itself. :p

DeletedUser16628

Thats allright Elmyr is making sure I don't get my Golden Colt.Been drilling oil 2 days straight with cloth and it's a slow go nothing much to show.I think I have always gotten it quickly never remember this problem.

DeletedUser

Thats allright Elmyr is making sure I don't get my Golden Colt.Been drilling oil 2 days straight with cloth and it's a slow go nothing much to show.I think I have always gotten it quickly never remember this problem.

You caught me. I've been praying around the clock at level 100 churches on every world that you don't get your golden Colt.