Game restrictions

DeletedUser529

Change Profile Picture

Well I just got suckered out of 2 PREMIUM points and for nothing.

I just noticed that a player can change their profile picture, so STUPID me went for it, expecting a player can have a really cool different profile picture from the rest of the players. I click on it, waste TWO premium points and find that you only can select a picture from your own character class and NOT a picture you might actually want.:mad:

WARNING:

DO NOT SELECT CHANGE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE....

IT IS A WASTE OF PREMIUM POINTS.

DO NOT waste the premium points for absolutely nothing, this is just a MONEY grab for a few lossey premium points.

I do not understand this game at all, why introduce something that makes no sense whats-so-ever.

At least TRIBAL wars allows a cool profile picture and this one CHARGES to change yours and doesn't even allow a player to select one that he might want.

THIS IS VERY VERY IRRITATING.:mad::mad::mad:

Like what the hell is going on?

Once my premium account runs out I will not be buying anymore whatsoever, my days of buying and subsidizing this game is over.

This game is twice the price of TRIBAL WARS, half or less the fun and this profile picture CHARGE is the LAST STRAW as far as I am concerned. THIS IS BULL.....with a capital B.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Merged AGAIN
Read Kman's Post instead of ignoring it?
And next time read before using your premium, its your own fault you spent 2 nuggets.

One Armed Ninja

@Bat, you do realise if you hover your mouse over it, it says you can "choose a new picture of your character class"?

/facepalm
Silly person

DeletedUser

I believe Bat Materson is an excellent example that money can't buy you happiness.

DeletedUser529

I believe Bat Materson is an excellent example that money can't buy you happiness.

AT THE VERY LEAST A PLAYER EXPECTS SOMETHING ACTUALLY WORTHWHILE and not something WORTHLESS and USELESS.:sad:

DeletedUser529

Merged AGAIN
Read Kman's Post instead of ignoring it?
And next time read before using your premium, its your own fault you spent 2 nuggets.

Exactly and never will be repeated again, wasting good money on a bad item and one that is actually WORTHLESS and USELESS, silly me for trusting innogames. BLOODY WEIRD.:mad:

DeletedUser

Exactly and never will be repeated again, wasting good money on a bad item and one that is actually WORTHLESS and USELESS, silly me for trusting innogames. BLOODY WEIRD.:mad:

Worthless and Useless?
It was again as the Award system, a bit of 5 minute coding.
To merely make the game a little more fun, which was based on user suggestions.

DeletedUser

some things are simple, others are not. time is a huge factor in these things, and can't be ignored. some excellent ideas are not getting implemented yet because of the fact that they would take a long time to implement. other things, like the awards and the change avatar premium are very simple, and whether or not they get done has little to do with the amount of time, because of how insignificant it is.

DeletedUser

talk about arguments,
i have to agree though spending 2 nuggets and then finding that you can only choose a few pictures.

i was actually going to buy some nuggets to do this

thanks BAT for the warning

DeletedUser529

Tribal wars allows players to post their own pictures for premium users. I never even thought about it when they had this feature just added. If I had of paused when the cursor hit that option and I read the limited feature, A one time change and you can only select a picture from your own character class. That is very weird and very limited.

In the space of a few moments I have a ton of ideas that could make this game GREAT and make a ton of money for innogames. They play around with features that are of little use......

Medals......???
Player picture change????
ETC ETC ETC ETC

DeletedUser

Tribal wars allows players to post their own pictures for premium users. I never even thought about it when they had this feature just added. If I had of paused when the cursor hit that option and I read the limited feature, A one time change and you can only select a picture from your own character class. That is very weird and very limited.

In the space of a few moments I have a ton of ideas that could make this game GREAT and make a ton of money for innogames. They play around with features that are of little use......

Medals......???
Player picture change????
ETC ETC ETC ETC
Ideas? what Ideas? Tell us of your "Ideas" and ill tell you the difference between a 5 minute job and something that would take months of planning and code changing.

Also in regards to the Profile, the setup is completely different in The West compared to Tribal-wars, even the coding language is different.

DeletedUser

I think that one was pretty obvious. They should allow you to uplead your own pic/avatar. This would make innogames money and let us express ourselves a little more in game.

I belive that was one of the ideas.

DeletedUser

I think that one was pretty obvious. They should allow you to uplead your own pic/avatar. This would make innogames money and let us express ourselves a little more in game.

I belive that was one of the ideas.

And as i said in regards to it, its completely different coding and would require a huge change.

DeletedUser544

normally the programming language wouldn't affect (to much) what image formats you can use, so this must be because you are using javascript to drive Flash for your paint engine or whatever so you are restricted to using the flash APIs?

kind of like the reason you can't goto YouTube and download the 'source' of a YouTube video as a standard mpeg or avi; they come down in a special 'flash format'

DeletedUser

normally the programming language wouldn't affect (to much) what image formats you can use, so this must be because you are using javascript to drive Flash for your paint engine or whatever so you are restricted to using the flash APIs?

kind of like the reason you can't goto YouTube and download the 'source' of a YouTube video as a standard mpeg or avi; they come down in a special 'flash format'
I was referring to the type and sizes.

DeletedUser544

I'm just curious thats all
so by type you mean that its not easy for you guys to support standard formats like .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc because you must use the proprietary Flash format for all your graphics?

DeletedUser

I'm just curious thats all
so by type you mean that its not easy for you guys to support standard formats like .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc because you must use the proprietary Flash format for all your graphics?

That would have to be answered by a Dev, but i do not believe making it able for normal pics is easy.

DeletedUser

could they make a the-west image converter?
if you are talking about converting your duels to images search this forum for "duel converter". There are a few floating around.

The one I am working on will be better than all the others once done :p