Game restrictions

DeletedUser

Ok what is next on your list of achievements.

I have collected almost all the Special sets of stuff, clothing etc.
I have pretty well done all the quests.
I have practically been in all the top families and slept in most of the bigger towns.
I have done most of the top jobs.

What's next in my development, QUIT THIS SILLY GAME AS NOTHING NEW is on the horizon.?

This game is de-evolving by nothing being done in regards to improvements.

Quests....need more
Shops.....Need fort shops......

COME ON DEVELOPERS lets get the lead out of your butts and make a good worthwhile change to spark interest in this game.

WHY AM I PAYING and hardly getting my monies worth, WHY IS THIS GAME twice as expensive as tribal wars and hardly any improvements are being done. You try and ruin duelling and speed the forts through half developed.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:
The difference between Tribalwars and The West gameplay wise?
Tribalwars is repetative, one way if you want to do well.
The west can have many different ways of gameplays and is improving more then Tribalwars ever has.
Improvements are being done, at a slightly faster pace then Tribalwars were when it originally came out. coding is not simple for Fort Shops etc.
You pay for premium and claim you get nothing? you get the bonsues offered.

Making games takes a while, doesn't it?
Indeed it does.

DeletedUser

i read your your, it would work!
aliens vs the-west.net, how a bunch of bandits get abducted, and a poster gets put up asking for help, and mercernaries are hired with plasma rifles and sent out to take out the ship using future tech witch was found during coal mining.

a rock falls on you in the cavern and you loose -31 health points, on the plus side yyou found a weired looking gun,.....

DeletedUser529

Stupidest ideas I have ever seen. It would utterly ruin this game. But I guess it goes along with a STUPID family called the DUMB name of GALACTIC EMPIRE in a game about the AMERICAN OLD WEST. Bringing in that idea would really dummy down this game........HORRIBLE ideas.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser

Its only a bit of fun it won't happen any way its a cowboy game it was only a joke.

DeletedUser13113

I have collected almost all the Special sets of stuff, clothing etc.
You could collect ALL the special sets of stuff, clothing, etc.
I have pretty well done all the quests.
You can complete ALL of the quests.

I have practically been in all the top families and slept in most of the bigger towns.
You can be in ALL the top families and sleep in ALL the towns

I have done most of the top jobs.
You can do ALL the top jobs

But, if that's not enough, here's some ideas of what you can do:

1. respec your character - if you're an overall player, specialize in either construction or dueling. If construction, respec to a pure builder and then found and build up a town and try to recruit players to fill up the town. Basically town management. If you respec as a dueler, set your goal in trying to defeat the top level duelers in the game. There are so many options for you to branch out.

2. Try and take over a fort - See if you can take over a fort from scratch. Meaning, start your own town, build it up and then take over a fort.

3. Sabotage each town - become a sabateur wherein you join a town that doesn't duel workers and then go and duel workers. Or go duel a town's founders several times and then try to join that town. Or you can find two towns that are at war and work them both by being a double agent, saying you are for one town and going to spy and tell the other town the same and just feed in to their war. Or you can bring a third town into the mix. There are several possibilities here.

4. Try to get all the medals (a recent addition to the game).

Quests....need more
Shops.....Need fort shops......

More quests? Unless they add over 50 more quests, I believe that you'd get bored with this or get tired. All quests are are idea of doing something and getting a reward for it. Why don't you come up with your own quests...some ideas:

"Bear Battler" - Go to all the counties and fight grizzlies for 2 hours in each county
"Oil Tycoon" - Gather 50 oils.

I know you get no "reward", but it's about making a goal and reaching.

And what will fort shops do for you? You can buy items or guns....but it doesn't expand this gameplay that you've already tired of.

Bottom line is, make the game work for you. If you get tired, change things up.

DeletedUser544

while I agree that the lvl99 cap is very... concerning
because we all know eventually they will allow people to go past lvl99; but at that point, how many hundreds or thousands of people will have lvl99? its like starting over at nothing. all the advantage you had gained from leveling up at a fast pace, gone, by no fault of your own. you just have to sit there and watch people catch up to you for (months? a year?) and then, the floodgates are open and we all move onward past 99? that seems stupid to me; why change the entire dynamic of the game? as RoD said, it screws duelers too because those of us who pursue it (to stay active after we hit 99) will shoot ourselves in the foot for when they remove the cap. challenging people who are your same XP level and only getting 20xp!)

however, I do disagree on many other fronts. the forts finally came, and as long as it took, it gave me faith to wait a little longer for fort shops to come out.

new quests, that will be tied to when they remove the level cap. item sets were a cool upgrade. I think the medals, albeit having no effect on the game, are a cool substitute for 'quests' actually I have spent a little time trying to get certain medals

and the biggest disagreement I have is with Bat's rant about how they "ruined dueling". how did they ruin dueling bat? by REMOVING the unfair advantage damage resistance duelers had found and exposed in the game? the rules state what each skill does towards dueling and how it affects duels. all of the help was accurate, EXCEPT the explanation of damage resistance, which conveniently left out the fact that reflex and toughness worked for BOTH types of damage. so the end result was a small percentage of people figured out and exploited this error in the formulas (because according to the help, toughness is only supposed to prevent melee damage, and reflex shooting damage). inno did the only thing they could do, as our world was getting taken over by these sad pathetic damage resistance clone builds that would run around, camping peoples towns and you couldn't KO them because despite hitting them every round in a duel, it was impossible to do any damage to them at all.

DeletedUser529

Future Interest in this game

Since day ONE of this game I have fully supported this wee game with the purchase of PREMIUM points. To me that is the most valuable way for a player to support this game and that is with his money, because without financial aid INNOGAMES would not be making this game as their would be no incentive to do so.

That being said what this game needs is SOMETHING, anything to spark the interest in all our players. I like the possibility that one day this game will be far greater than TRIBAL WARS would ever think of being. Tribal wars makes each different world a little different than other worlds it makes and this game could do the same. Many excellent ideas have been brought up by very good players and these ideas if implemented would VASTLY increase our enjoyment and thus our increased interest.

It would be nice if the DEVELOPER could actually discuss with us the future of this game and what path it is going to be taking so we as a player base would be informeda as to future developments. That way our players can look forward to these up-coming changes instead of being treated like a MUSHROOM. :razz:

A player council of a small representative player group should be implemented to represent all the players and this group could help to increase player interest.

I like the possibility that one day this game can become a great game and every day I look forward to that future day if it happens to come.

Just a few thoughts.......For anyone to think about.....

What do you think.....?

DeletedUser

I would love to see the-west make new worlds different from others. I've presented my ideas on the matter and I'm just waiting for gem or someone to move it to development and discussion. I might just have to come back to the game if new and different worlds were released.

I think a council of a small group of players would be good, but there would be problems such as who those players would be and there would always be the possibility of conflit within a small group. I suppose there could be a vote on the forums. Maybe there would be something like a certain amount of representatives from each world. World 1 & 10 being the "largest" would have the most reps, while the other worlds have less depending on their population.

DeletedUser

you should look at the DEV BLOG in the start page, up coming features are found there and i think there is comments as well. and i agree, forts i di-ont think were a spark for ALL players, we need simething new,

but ive seen games develop and what happens when fo many features are introduced? complication. i agree with the spark but not too much otherwise the game will go ↓

DeletedUser

win 2000 duels, hit that vo to3000 and so on, it isnt the first time youve complianed, you do it in many posts

DeletedUser

Not even going to reply to Bat, he ignores written proof.

you should look at the DEV BLOG in the start page, up coming features are found there and i think there is comments as well. and i agree, forts i di-ont think were a spark for ALL players, we need simething new,

but ive seen games develop and what happens when fo many features are introduced? complication. i agree with the spark but not too much otherwise the game will go ↓
The Dev's are doing things, you cannot say they are sitting back and relaxing, they always have projects they are working on, different ways to improve the game, things like that.
New Features are going to be added, the Dev's work at a pace however, and we cannot simply expect them to speed up. They have other duties that are not The West.

I would love to see the-west make new worlds different from others. I've presented my ideas on the matter and I'm just waiting for gem or someone to move it to development and discussion. I might just have to come back to the game if new and different worlds were released.

I think a council of a small group of players would be good, but there would be problems such as who those players would be and there would always be the possibility of conflit within a small group. I suppose there could be a vote on the forums. Maybe there would be something like a certain amount of representatives from each world. World 1 & 10 being the "largest" would have the most reps, while the other worlds have less depending on their population.
We have talked about it before, Worlds that are different, it is technically possible, for example to have a world without Forts etc etc.
However it depends on how the Dev's have coded the game.

DeletedUser

Oh, and i merged all three threads, all complaining so its kinda the same.

DeletedUser529

WELLLLLL HEFTY the proof is in the putting and so far the putting is dam poor. The dev bring in items of very little use and say one thing and do another. This game is the POOR COUSIN to tribal wars and not much attention is being paid to it much at all or otherwise the updates would be worthwhile and of some kind of substance not fivilous stuff like stupid medals which do what exactly. A waste of coding time when something more useful could be adopted and utilized to make this game more functional. The DEVS waste their time developing useless ideas then they mess with existing ones like how to ruin dueling and how to ruin other items not necessary to the functionality of this game.

Oh yes written proof is not needed to see that the forts were rushed into production and now they just sit there like a lump of useless lead without rythm or reason. I am not going to kiss up to the DEV when we all can see the past efforts or lack there-of. More time is spent infracting players than the time spent trying to improve this game. It stands to reason that we all want a good game that is actually going somewhere and the players that actually pay for PREMIUM want to get something for there moneys especially on a half-baked game still in DEVELOPMENT that is TWICE the price of its cousin TRIBAL WARS.

Many very serious SENIOR players have voiced there opinion about the destructive changes that has been made in this game when that DEV time could have been spent on something worthwhile.

No I don't believe enough has been said about the updates or the lack there-of. When the DEVS actually get serious and release a meaningful AND entertaining update, the co called COMPLAINING will continue, and if you WANT to CENSOR them that is up to you. :razz:

Players are complaining big time but this voice is hardly listened to and as a result many fine players have left this game in futility and no doubt many more will follow them. Too bad they are/were good friends, I see GEM and Morthy drop big time in the ranking as well as quite a few top players, I wonder why, lack of interest? You draw the conclussions....

Either way I am sticking it out, I have an investment in this game by my contributing to it despite its high cost relative to TRIBAL WARS. :huh:

DeletedUser14006

I definately agree about the introduction of medals, what a huge waste of time, who gives a damn!

Does anyone know if fort shops are in the next update?

DeletedUser13113

I went back and looked at all the changes that have been made and updates that have been done this year (2009), and here's the low-down:

1.16 - 01-13-09[spoil]

• There will be female working process pictures (for the top right of the screen).
  • The town logs now stay for 7 days.
  • Character banners will be available under Settings->Profile->Signature. These are images with information like your name, town, class, level that you can use on your homepage or forum.
  • The server time will be visible in the browser window title.
  • Player's will be able to scroll to their current work in one click, as well as other minor changes.
  • Motivation will influence the chance of getting an item.
[/spoil]
1.17 - 02-04-09[spoil]

• New quest group for each class, over 120 new quests in total.
  • Quest Employers are now visible on the map
  • Messages to all town members are now possible
  • New items that can only be worn by a specific class
  • Fixed map tiles for Safari on Mac OS X
  • Fixed travel duration bug in tasks
[/spoil]
1.18 - 03-14-09[spoil]

• Level cap removed (was 99)
  • At the start a player's start location is nearer to a tobacco field.
  • Quest employers marked with a white point.
  • It is no longer possible to sell your burned uniform.
  • Whiskey is now possible to sell.
  • Skill and attribute displays will no longer be generated by the server. This should improve performance.
  • New quest series completable in March only.
  • New quest series for those level 75 and above.
[/spoil]
1.19 - 05-06-09[spoil]

• Some items can only be worn by men or women
  • There will be new sets of items (more below)
  • Some of the old items will be grouped into sets of items
  • If you wear more than one item from a grouped set of items (for example gray rags, gray shoes) you will receive an extra skill bonus
  • Most new items will be available in town shops
  • Some existing items will have new bonuses
  • A more flexible design of the homepage
  • The town forum link is not shown if you are not a resident of a town
  • It will be possible to report offensive telegrams and profiles
  • Misc bug fixes
  • Ability to switch over from report to reports
[/spoil]1.20 - 07-15-09[spoil]

• Forts and Fort Guns
  • The background and the towns can be hidden on the mini map
  • The ranking is now not sorted by name anymore, but by the date the town was finished. Shortly there will be another change that will take fort points into consideration
  • The job "Constructing a fort" has been changed to "Constructing a manor house" to prevent confusion. The job's settings were not changed
  • The travel speed is now shown in mph. With that we make it clearer to show if a percent bonus is relative or absolute
  • New screen-shots have been created for the front page
  • Health points, experience points and energy are now also displayed with numbers
  • Dollar amounts are not shown in the Saloon anymore so that spies are less valuable
[/spoil]
1.21 - 08-17-09[spoil]
Fort battles

• You now get experience points for fort battles
  • Survivors in a fort battle have the chance to find items
  • There is a graveyard in each fort that show the results of the last battles
  • Dying in a fort battle doesn't have affect on the 48 hour duel block
  • Counselors of the attacking and defending towns have the chance to give priority to players so that they definitely get a spot in the battle
  • The fort battle rules are now shown
  • It is shown which town fights on which side of the battle
Other

• There is a new town ranking that includes forts and other values
  • The homepage now has links to all InnoGames games
  • Horses are now shown on the left side (just looks a lot nicer)
  • The page selection for messages is more convenient when a lot of pages exist
  • The town rights in the fort has been fixed
  • The level 67 quest sequence has been made easier
  • Players receive a message when there have been unsuccessful logins since the last login
  • Players in a spot are sortable
[/spoil]
1.22 - 10-05-09[spoil]

• Achievements
    • Players can earn achievements
    • The requirements for achievements are secret
    • Achievements are shown on the player profile and do not give any bonuses to your character

• Change to the duel formula: Toughness and Reflex influence the damage by 75% instead of 100%

• Holiday mode
    • Players in holiday mode won't be deleted
    • After being in holiday mode for 24 hours a player can not be dueled
    • After being in holiday mode for 2 months a player will receive an email and holiday mode will be deactivated

• New interface (required for a new chat feature in the next version)
  • Fort changes
    • Raised bonuses on wall by 100%
    • Bonuses are shown on the battle overview

• New items and item set: 'sleepyhead'
    • Not available in town shops

• Players who reach level 99 can now earn duel experience and raise their dueling level.
[/spoil]
Just looking at each update, I can find one or two items that have been very beneficial to gameplay in each one. Plus, there have been 7 updates since January 1, almost one a month. I think if anything the devs should be applauded for how much they put into these developments.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

WELLLLLL HEFTY the proof is in the putting and so far the putting is dam poor. The dev bring in items of very little use and say one thing and do another. This game is the POOR COUSIN to tribal wars and not much attention is being paid to it much at all or otherwise the updates would be worthwhile and of some kind of substance not fivilous stuff like stupid medals which do what exactly. A waste of coding time when something more useful could be adopted and utilized to make this game more functional. The DEVS waste their time developing useless ideas then they mess with existing ones like how to ruin dueling and how to ruin other items not necessary to the functionality of this game.

Oh yes written proof is not needed to see that the forts were rushed into production and now they just sit there like a lump of useless lead without rythm or reason. I am not going to kiss up to the DEV when we all can see the past efforts or lack there-of. More time is spent infracting players than the time spent trying to improve this game. It stands to reason that we all want a good game that is actually going somewhere and the players that actually pay for PREMIUM want to get something for there moneys especially on a half-baked game still in DEVELOPMENT that is TWICE the price of its cousin TRIBAL WARS.

Many very serious SENIOR players have voiced there opinion about the destructive changes that has been made in this game when that DEV time could have been spent on something worthwhile.

No I don't believe enough has been said about the updates or the lack there-of. When the DEVS actually get serious and release a meaningful AND entertaining update, the co called COMPLAINING will continue, and if you WANT to CENSOR them that is up to you. :razz:

Players are complaining big time but this voice is hardly listened to and as a result many fine players have left this game in futility and no doubt many more will follow them. Too bad they are/were good friends, I see GEM and Morthy drop big time in the ranking as well as quite a few top players, I wonder why, lack of interest? You draw the conclussions....

Either way I am sticking it out, I have an investment in this game by my contributing to it despite its high cost relative to TRIBAL WARS. :huh:

Bat, you need to get your facts straight. on the beta forum, Zet clearly stated that the medals were one of the easiest things they have done. making the medal box took about 30min, and a min per award, and all of this done by one person.
also understand that they are immediately implementing players ideas, instead they must add it to their list. if they worked on player's ideas, we wouldn't have forts, item sets, and we probably never would have gotten any new jobs 10 months ago. they are working on planned updates, which they have been working on since the beginning. they have been working on the chat since update 1.21 i believe, and are still working on it. they have also been working on customized fort battle maps since before forts came out, and that is expected to be implement into the beta by the end of the week.
also understand something called the theory of constraints, that is that inorder for a specific update of the game to be completed, there may or may not be a constraint, which prevents further progress, since some elements of the update can't be worked on until another is completed. for example, its possible that the coding for the awards could not be done until after the awards box was coded. because of this, if the coding for the awards box took 2 months, then the awards would also not be coded for 2 months. because of this, it doesn't matter how many people are working on the awards, because it will still take time. if a problem comes up, like there has for the chat, then even after the problem is fixed, the chat won't be completed.

they are working hard, on a very complicated game. you can no longer compare tribalwars to the west, as tribalwars is way to consistent. the warring part of it is a giant calculator, that calculates a couple of things at once. and the formula never changes. in the-west however, the formula must adapt to different skills, weapon, clothes, etc. the west is much more complex, and if you want to try and deny that, then maybe you should apply for a job at inno, and they'll have you code for this game. if you can't appreciate their work, then you should try and do the work yourself.

DeletedUser

Well said Kman288. I don't think I could have said that better. Let's try and keep a positive attitude and we just may appreciate the updates even more!