Fort Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

In the spirit of Squirly, can you please post a link to the irrevocable proof that fort shops have indeed been removed from the master plan?

Oh, and perhaps the fort shops would sell the pants that people have been requesting for many a year?

No, I can't, because to my knowledge, it has never been said by a dev that they would never be implemented. I've said it already: the devs just don't know what to do with them yet.

We are in deed undecided. We could implement the fort shops the way how the town shops are implemented, but this would be unwise: Sooner or later all these special items would be sold to everyone and the shops are useless again.
I could say: We want the shops to be more future proof.
They should sell stuff that IS special and REMAINS special, even after everyone has visited that store.
That's still a question and what remains to be done is working out one of the ideas we have (we got quite a few) and implementing one. One idea was for example, that the fort shop could play a role in player item trading (ie. allowing players to trade but taking a fee from this exchange for the fort owners)

Since we still regard other issues more important, we focus on these first.

http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/showpost.php?p=4528&postcount=47

Edit:

nope sorry you are wrong
I have a right to post and I will continue to post my opinions
and they were promised; the proof is in this VERY THREAD
I will keep posting if I want to because frankly, I could NOT care less what a little freak troll like you thinks about me or my opinions

you are welcome to keep ranting about how we are wrong
but anyone who actually reads through this thread (something you are obviously incapable of doing before hitting the "reply" button) will see that they were in fact promised
in fact, they are still being "implemented" according to Inno and their 2010 roadmap
hopefully sometime before 2012 (4 years after the game started) we will finally get what was advertised and promised to us when the west started in 2008

Why am I wrong? Did I tell you you couldn't post anymore? No I didn't.
Ok, there's really something wrong with you. No dev would ever dumb enough to "promise" something, so just stop claiming they did. Fort shops were planned, not promised. That's a fact - accept it. It doesn't have anything to do with your opinion or mine.

It's not "we", it's you.

Again, not promised. Learn the difference between "planned" and "promised" before you start arguing about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3543

DeletedUser

Lol.

So you've posted a link to a quote that would appear on the face of it to suggest that fort shops have not been removed after all, but are in fact still in the development phase!

What do you mean exactly? I don't get what you're trying to say? :unsure:

DeletedUser

Why all this confusion? I really don't understand. Since when "a plan" is "a promise"?
Yes, fort shops were "a plan" and they still are, but they are not ready. And nobody knows if they will ever be ready. I don't think that there is anywhere on this forum a statement certifying the implementation of fort shops in a certain update and that didn't happen. The only promise proof you could come up with is an update announcement including fort stores. And there's no such announcement. So there's no promise, just a plan.
Fort stores were on Beta for a couple of days and they were taken out. This means the devs are working on them and that they considered they were not ready. Now the problem is to figure out what they can sell. One idea could be: pants and belts. But those items are still in progress, they are PLANNED, they are worked on, but not ready yet. Even though we even got examples of what kind of pants we could have, there is no PROMISE we will have pants in near future or distant future. I repeat, is only a PLAN. Here is where you MrG made the big confusion.
Also, all Denisero said was that we will be able to shop in forts when fort shops will be implemented. This is not possible yet, but may be possible in the future. And even if for some it sounded like a promise, Denisero is no dev and not even a mod anymore. Her/his statement was based on the PLANS not on PROMISES.
Of course everybody got excited and discussed fort shops and so on, but that doesn't mean they were promised. They are just planned and worked on. There is no guarantee from the game developers ANYWHERE that the fort shops will or will not be implemented. All we know is they are worked on and included in development plans.
I have played and paid for a long time also. I can't say is all fair and all nice, but is a game. When it becomes annoying, I can just quit. When I get tired of waiting, I can just quit. So what if I invested money in it? If I pay for cable, it doesn't mean I can't switch to a different company who can offer me better and more channels for the same money and it doesn't mean I have to stick around and piss off the ones responsible for the decision in taking out a channel and not putting a better one instead. Is like wearing ragged pants just because I paid for them. :)

DeletedUser3543

What do you mean exactly? I don't get what you're trying to say? :unsure:

That fort shops haven't been removed - as you stated they have - but are still a feature under development [as they have been for two years!!] to be released on a future date - as Roland has stated on numerous occasions in this very thread.

DeletedUser3543

Why all this confusion? I really don't understand. Since when "a plan" is "a promise"?

So I'm guessing the roadmap is just another plan, as it doesn't actually promise anything?

In that respect, I guess you would be more than happy to have a roadmap produced every year, and then have nothing on it implemented, because after all, it is just a plan and not a promise.....

DeletedUser

That fort shops haven't been removed - as you stated they have - but are still a feature under development [as they have been for two years!!] to be released on a future date - as Roland has stated on numerous occasions in this very thread.

Where did I claim that they would never be implemented then? :huh:

My second post directed at Roland:

I'm not talking about your opinion, I'm talking about the way you express your opinion. I actually agree with you on some points, but it's not even about that. The only person I've seen writing rude posts around here the last two days is you.

Yeah, it takes long for the devs toe develop fort shops. So? No one knows what use they'll have, no one knows if they're still planned.

There's only one thing we do know: complaining about this won't make the devs implement them any faster.

DeletedUser

Yes, fort shops were "a plan" and they still are, but they are not ready. And nobody knows if they will ever be ready. I don't think that there is anywhere on this forum a statement certifying the implementation of fort shops in a certain update and that didn't happen. The only promise proof you could come up with is an update announcement including fort stores. And there's no such announcement. So there's no promise, just a plan.
Fort stores were on Beta for a couple of days and they were taken out. This means the devs are working on them and that they considered they were not ready. Now the problem is to figure out what they can sell. One idea could be: pants and belts. But those items are still in progress, they are PLANNED, they are worked on, but not ready yet. Even though we even got examples of what kind of pants we could have, there is no PROMISE we will have pants in near future or distant future. I repeat, is only a PLAN. Here is where you MrG made the big confusion.
Also, all Denisero said was that we will be able to shop in forts when fort shops will be implemented. This is not possible yet, but may be possible in the future. And even if for some it sounded like a promise, Denisero is no dev and not even a mod anymore. Her/his statement was based on the PLANS not on PROMISES.
Of course everybody got excited and discussed fort shops and so on, but that doesn't mean they were promised. They are just planned and worked on. There is no guarantee from the game developers ANYWHERE that the fort shops will or will not be implemented. All we know is they are worked on and included in development plans.
I have played and paid for a long time also. I can't say is all fair and all nice, but is a game. When it becomes annoying, I can just quit. When I get tired of waiting, I can just quit. So what if I invested money in it? If I pay for cable, it doesn't mean I can't switch to a different company who can offer me better and more channels for the same money and it doesn't mean I have to stick around and piss off the ones responsible for the decision in taking out a channel and not putting a better one instead. Is like wearing ragged pants just because I paid for them. :)

You NOOB! It's because they say it is! And everybody wanted them and theorized about them and carried on about them. If that's not a promise, what is? LMAO :)

DeletedUser

So I'm guessing the roadmap is just another plan, as it doesn't actually promise anything?

In that respect, I guess you would be more than happy to have a roadmap produced every year, and then have nothing on it implemented, because after all, it is just a plan and not a promise.....

Yes, the roadmap is a plan, not a promise. Is letting us know what devs are planning to work on and some of the things in the roadmap have been implemented and the duel on the spot will be implemented. It is included in the roadmap.
I have no crystal ball to tell why devs chose to develop one thing and implement it before another that might seem more important for us. One reason could be the difficulty, but there's no certainty that's the reason.
I can honestly say that I want fort stores as much as I want duels on spot. I also want to be able to trade more than anything else, it's in the roadmap, is a plan, but not a promise. The fact that I desire it doesn't make it a promise.
Hope you understand me, I am only trying to help.

DeletedUser

But, but here he said the opposite. So which is it?
the answer is, they are going to continue doing other updates, changing this game until it no longer resembles what most of us played the past two years
and they will never introduce the fort shops
even though they were on the 2009 Roadmap last year

DeletedUser

This has gone beyond ridiculous.

If you want some real answers, go to the Beta forums (where the developers regularly post) and post your questions there.

If for some reason you're unable to post your questions there, put them up here and I'll copy/paste them for you - I won't edit them in any way, you'll read your post word for word on the beta forums and see what they have to say about it.

It's pretty obvious that the only thing going to be accomplished on the .net forums is name calling and finger pointing. If this is what you're all after, by all means continue your hate-fest. If you want some answers, let's try something different.

DeletedUser

Fort shops WERE promised in last years roadmap, and have not been delivered! It is not for us to decide what to put in them, as presumably the devs would have thought of this before they promised them.... MrG

This makes me wonder, if you even read the roadmap 2009. Here's the link: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=10464

There is no promise for any feature, in fact it includes that nothing is guaranteed, which was the only promise in there.
Furthermore fort shops don't appear at all:

Forts

We would like to introduce shoot-outs in the form of forts. Towns will be able to band together and fight against other forts. The exact concept hasn't been decided yet, we are still working on it. We hope to start development of this in January.

.net hasn't even been alive for two years. w1.de just celebrated 2 years of existence, however the first time forts were even mentioned was in the 2009 roadmap, many months after its start. Before that time people were expecting shoot-outs, something like mass duels with all town members, which finally turned into the fort fights and were implemented. Nobody has promised, hinted at or expected traders for the shootouts and definitely not for two years, as it is repeatedly claimed here.

DeletedUser

And the answer is: they aren't here yet, and yet people still continue to fight for forts every day. As Jack said, nothing planned is ever guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.