Fort Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Well Disappoint, I have to admit that I like the way you explained your ideas and that you have a point. But I do have something to add here and there and maybe it helps.

You said you are a dueler, well so am I. Until I reached level 99 I dueled for experience mostly (with only few occasions, like a war between my town and another, when I hit anybody I could hit). My average exp per duel is still over 100, even though after level 99 I didn't care about the exp factor in duels anymore, meaning "If I can hit, then I hit, no matter if he gives me 400 or 5". This is good for me, because I now duel more and am working for my medals.

I didn't play for 2 years yet (since october 2008) and reached level 99 a while ago (before the daily log in bonus was introduced), which means I did care a lot about exp. But since I don't get any exp anymore, I changed my way a bit. I can waste energy and time working for fort products, I can sped time traveling around the map for duel targets and so on. And since you mentioned riding a donkey for the medal, well, you don't have to. Let's say you need to get to a certain town to duel or to a fort battle or a quest giver further away. You schedule the walk with best horse and outfit, then you just change the horse with the donkey. The walk will be fast and the distance will count for the medal (since you will have the donkey on when you reach the destination - walking medals take in consideration what you have on at destination, not when you schedule).

You talked about quests saying "there is nothing to gain". What about quests that offer AP and SP? This is something to gain, or unique items like secret weapons and holiday set items. As for quests with exp reward only and no time limit, well, you can just do them after the cap is removed. As easy as that.

About daily log in, yes you will not get the bonus, but does that mean you can't log in and work to get items? A high level dueler can do high luck jobs. I still have to get more items from the sleepyhead set and that darn choker for the dancer's set, so this encourages me to work.

As for the on topic part, fort stores, well the devs did think at first what they could sell, guns. But forts came out and the stores were not ready yet to be put in the game. They tried the stores on beta and they took them out, obviously because they needed to work on them more. So they had no choice but to put the guns in stores and now they need to figure out what fort stores will sell.

Hope this helps you find some more meaning in what you can still do at level 99. I talk from my own experience, is not all that bad.

DeletedUser

The classes were mapped out before the game went live, and we all fell into one of the four classes.

Just to keep this post on-topic ... why would the developers come up with a feature (fort shops) when they had no earthly idea what to use it for? I can't even imagine the conversation that took place over that.

And I dread the point at which I reach level 99 (which is coming up fast in one world) because so much of what I enjoy about the game will be rendered useless at that time.
I already have all the gear I would ever need to buy from a store, so earning money isn't a big deal for me. But Quests? Where would the point be in doing them when there is nothing to gain? Why log in every day to work when I get absolutely nothing out of it? Dueling? The impression I get of dueling at level 99 is that of a never-ending slap-fight. Back and forth, with pretty much the same results every time.

Travel around the map with a donkey, just to get an award that says you did it? Not exactly worth logging in every day, to be honest. Most people play a game to either work towards the endpoint, if there is one, or to advance to further challenges down the road. If those challenges aren't available, then a player has every right to be disappointed.

1) When I started with The West, there were no character classes. Avatars had to be unlocked by certain minimum attributes/skills. Not all of the old avatars actually made it to the 4 (or 16 sub-) classes, i.e. the gambler.

2) There were two major ideas for the fort shops: guns and fancy weapons. Both have been dismissed for obvious gameplay reasons.

3) How is duelling any different when you hit 99 compared to all the time before that? Also don't underestimate the importance of cash in this game. The removal of the bank limit was a necessity for future features.

4) There are lots of available aims. Accomplish all quests, get all achievements, gather all products or items, be the best dueller/fort fighter/builder in your world, possess all forts, be able to do all jobs and more. None of this becomes impossible, when you hit lvl99. It's up to you to keep yourself entertained, there are plenty of possibilities.
Also it's kinda weird to see that on the German forums the majority of the 99ers actually opposes the removal of the limit.

DeletedUser

seriously I"m getting tired of you following me from thread to thread to argue your "pro noob updates" agenda
this is about the fort stores
NOTHING you said has anything to do with fort stores
you are off topic
so shut up, or post on topic its that simple ok?
I'm not going to keep trying to convince some noob player who is happy to see everyone capped at lvl99 why its a rip off and unfair to those players who played and paid for 2years to get to lvl99

haha, dudie is right, you are boring and one tracked. how funny (and exhausting, though i see your name and simply skip onto the next post).

buy a Nintendo, really.

DeletedUser544

nice words Dis wait to illustrate what all of us "capped" players are unhappy about

If it's all so horrible, why don't you go find another way to spend your spare time?

Duduie isn't the only one tired of reading your constant flow of negativity. Honestly, if things have taken such a turn for the worse, why are you still around?

you know what? I am tired of reading all the pro-update brown-nosing about how awesome these updates are
I am still around because I have invested lots of time and money in this game, and I expect the features that have been promised to us over the past 2 years to be implemented.

My guess is that he is here to complain. Now I gave him my reply into a red rep he got for his part of the off topic (pointing his finger at me for that LOL).

oh wow you gave me some bad rep. my feelings are so hurt
lets remember that his is a DISCUSSION forum, you put up your opinion: that you like the updates
I put up my opinion: that I don't like the updates
and you took an issue with that, and started arguing with me
and now you give me red rep because you claim I WAS OFF TOPIC? I think you need to go back and re-read things dude
you started this

so for the last time, stop telling me what I can and cannot post
I will say what I want
you can't do anything about it
GET OVER IT, or just piss off I don't really care

Here's my part on fort stores: since they need to figure out what kind of items can be sold in fort stores, they won't come out just yet, but hopefully when they will, we will be able to trade. This is one of the features I am looking forward to see. Being 99 is not all that boring as he makes it sound like. If it was that bad, all 99'ers would just quit.

oh wow here's my part on fort stores. do you realize how much of a noob you are? these discussions have ALL TAKEN PLACE ALREADY
last year
they were all promised LAST YEAR
this illustrates the exact problem: pretend its 1 year from now; would you still have such an optimistic happy outlook on the fort? because the forts came out last year, and the DAY THEY CAME OUT, it was announced the NEXT UPDATE would contain the fort shops
its now a year later
and forts have no purpose still
thanks for illustrating what the problem is

haha, dudie is right, you are boring and one tracked. how funny (and exhausting, though i see your name and simply skip onto the next post).

buy a Nintendo, really.

oh hahahahah thanks for contributing NOTHING to the conversation with your ignorant comment
once again, Duduie, Blondie, and you other noobs who keep taking issue with what I say, you have NOTHING to say other then you don't agree with me
you have NO COUNTER ARGUMENTS
you do not even take the time to read what people are saying
so shut your mouths because obviously none of you are interested in having a discussion, you are interested in being Inno's little pro-update brown-nosers
congratulations; but it will never make you anything but what you are: worthless pathetic sad noobs who want the lvl99 players to remain capped because you all know its the only reason you'd ever have a chance in hell of catching up to us

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you know what? I am tired of reading all the pro-update brown-nosing about how awesome these updates are
The blank space above is where you quoted me asking why you're still here. Show me one instance where I'm cheerleading for the update! You won't find it. I was simply asking why you're still here, being that this is all I ever see from you:

images

I paid for 2 years of premium, give me what I want!

DeletedUser544

The blank space above is where you quoted me asking why you're still here. Show me one instance where I'm cheerleading for the update! You won't find it. I was simply asking why you're still here, being that this is all I ever see from you:

images

I paid for 2 years of premium, give me what I want!

so once again, you aren't for or against the update, yet you take issue with what I say
WHAT is the point you are trying to make please? because I can't find it
all I see is a little troll trying to start arguments just for the sake of arguing
if you disagree with me, then make your point
otherwise, shut your troll mouth
do you understand that?

if you are only posting because I'm a "whiner" well guess what? you are a "brown noser"
isn't it fun calling names
for the last time, express a side of this argument, or make a point
otherwise, SHUT YOUR IGNORANT MOUTH and stop replying to me

DeletedUser

whoa

I am still around because I have invested lots of time and money in this game, and I expect the features that have been promised to us over the past 2 years to be implemented.

Maybe it is time to cut your losses and move on.You are the troll buddy and im not sure why they let you continue to name call in such a way that goes well beyond civilized discussion.

DeletedUser

so once again, you aren't for or against the update, yet you take issue with what I say
WHAT is the point you are trying to make please? because I can't find it
all I see is a little troll trying to start arguments just for the sake of arguing
if you disagree with me, then make your point
otherwise, shut your troll mouth
do you understand that?

if you are only posting because I'm a "whiner" well guess what? you are a "brown noser"
isn't it fun calling names
for the last time, express a side of this argument, or make a point
otherwise, SHUT YOUR IGNORANT MOUTH and stop replying to me

Ever realized some people just don't like the way you behave yourself here? You're just a VERY RUDE PERSON, and it's frustrating to read your posts, doesn't matter if you agree with them or not. Just remember this is a GAME, it's supposed to be fun. :cool:

DeletedUser

I finally made a thread with 3 pages of post! HAHAHAHAHA!

I must say, thanks to Roland for his constant begging for a word battle, which he always looses, even to a punk like me.

DeletedUser544

Ever realized some people just don't like the way you behave yourself here? You're just a VERY RUDE PERSON, and it's frustrating to read your posts, doesn't matter if you agree with them or not. Just remember this is a GAME, it's supposed to be fun. :cool:

you know, you don't know me
you've seen what, a few of my posts where I am arguing
typically with a group of people who sit on these forums 24/7 and just wait to pounce on anything they don't agree with
I am not about to be bullied around by these types
so excuse me if you only ever see me arguing; maybe that indicates that this forum has an ISSUE with off-topic spammers who try to bully people into shutting up when they don't agree with them

because I have plenty of friends in this game; and no matter what all of you say and think, I get MORE positive reps for what I say then negative reps
so THAT MEANS that more people who read what I say agree with me then disagree with me

so what it comes down to is, you call me rude because you see me responding to rude and offensive language directed at me with the same
you call me out and call me names because you don't like what i say
but instead of actually arguing with me and expressing a POINT or a side or an opinion (no you are SOOOO beneath that) you are just going to discount what I say and post up stupid pictures and other insults

I am not RUDE because I have a different opinion then you, and actually stand up for it
sorry, but you little trolls don't get to always have your way on the forums
and if a group of you wants to start flaming and harassing every post I put up, without even taking the time to FIND SOMETHING that you disagree with me about, and expressing it in the form of an argument... if your ONLY tactic is to keep posting pictures and telling me to shut up, then I have news for you: I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE

and here is some further news: YOU 'ARE NOT THE ONLY OPINION ON THIS FORUM, and YOUR OPINION IS NOT RIGHT
why?
not because I'm right and you are wrong
because TWO PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS CANNOT EVER WIN
PERIOD
do you understand that?

so before you reply, COME UP WITH AN ARGUMENT regarding what I have said about fort stores
if you can't, that means you are a troll: you care nothing except for the argument and animosity itself. you aren't trying to make a point or having a discussion; you are just trying to bully people into shutting up by insulting them or ridiculing them. YOU are the PROBLEM dude

now stop replying to me boy, unless you have something at least partially on-topic and intelligent to say

I finally made a thread with 3 pages of post! HAHAHAHAHA!

I must say, thanks to Roland for his constant begging for a word battle, which he always looses, even to a punk like me.

what words? you haven't said anything so far to me other then ignorant idiotic gibberish
sorry I won't be bullied by you and your noob troop into shutting up
you can keep claiming victories and this and that, everyone sees though that you haven't said anything to me that means squat
you can't even follow this argument with your limited intellect; the only thing you are able to do is keep making fun of me for something that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. congratulations, you are a worthless pathetic noob
still waiting for you to get your dueling level high enough so I can stomp you into the mud like a cow pancake
oh wait that will never happen because its so much easier to just talk a bunch of mindless crap to someone who is better then you, rather then fight them in the game and actually have it proven to you

DeletedUser

you know, you don't know me
you've seen what, a few of my posts where I am arguing
typically with a group of people who sit on these forums 24/7 and just wait to pounce on anything they don't agree with
I am not about to be bullied around by these types
so excuse me if you only ever see me arguing; maybe that indicates that this forum has an ISSUE with off-topic spammers who try to bully people into shutting up when they don't agree with them

because I have plenty of friends in this game; and no matter what all of you say and think, I get MORE positive reps for what I say then negative reps
so THAT MEANS that more people who read what I say agree with me then disagree with me

so what it comes down to is, you call me rude because you see me responding to rude and offensive language directed at me with the same
you call me out and call me names because you don't like what i say
but instead of actually arguing with me and expressing a POINT or a side or an opinion (no you are SOOOO beneath that) you are just going to discount what I say and post up stupid pictures and other insults

I am not RUDE because I have a different opinion then you, and actually stand up for it
sorry, but you little trolls don't get to always have your way on the forums
and if a group of you wants to start flaming and harassing every post I put up, without even taking the time to FIND SOMETHING that you disagree with me about, and expressing it in the form of an argument... if your ONLY tactic is to keep posting pictures and telling me to shut up, then I have news for you: I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE

and here is some further news: YOU 'ARE NOT THE ONLY OPINION ON THIS FORUM, and YOUR OPINION IS NOT RIGHT
why?
not because I'm right and you are wrong
because TWO PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS CANNOT EVER WIN
PERIOD
do you understand that?

so before you reply, COME UP WITH AN ARGUMENT regarding what I have said about fort stores
if you can't, that means you are a troll: you care nothing except for the argument and animosity itself. you aren't trying to make a point or having a discussion; you are just trying to bully people into shutting up by insulting them or ridiculing them. YOU are the PROBLEM dude

now stop replying to me boy, unless you have something at least partially on-topic and intelligent to say

what words? you haven't said anything so far to me other then ignorant idiotic gibberish
sorry I won't be bullied by you and your noob troop into shutting up
you can keep claiming victories and this and that, everyone sees though that you haven't said anything to me that means squat
you can't even follow this argument with your limited intellect; the only thing you are able to do is keep making fun of me for something that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. congratulations, you are a worthless pathetic noob
still waiting for you to get your dueling level high enough so I can stomp you into the mud like a cow pancake
oh wait that will never happen because its so much easier to just talk a bunch of mindless crap to someone who is better then you, rather then fight them in the game and actually have it proven to you

I'm not talking about your opinion, I'm talking about the way you express your opinion. I actually agree with you on some points, but it's not even about that. The only person I've seen writing rude posts around here the last two days is you.

Seriously man, I'll say it again: this is all about a game, just calm down a bit (or a lot).

DeletedUser544

I'm not talking about your opinion, I'm talking about the way you express your opinion. I actually agree with you on some points, but it's not even about that. The only person I've seen writing rude posts around here the last two days is you.

Seriously man, I'll say it again: this is all about a game, just calm down a bit (or a lot).

so you admit you agree with me on some things
meaning this ENTIRE argument we are having is OVER NOTHING
which means you are a troll
I am not calling someone a "troll" just as some mindless insult
it has a meaning; and I defined it
people who are here just to argue
and I am SICK OF THESE PEOPLE
I will not tolerate these people talking to me anymore
so I'm sorry if that offends you, or if you don't like the "manner" in which I express my opinion
if you want everyone to be all respectful and happy nice on the forums, let me clue you into something: "its a two way street"

when I have 3-5 people who all have accounts made sometime in late 2009 and 2010, following me around harassing me because I don't like the new game updates, yet REFUSING to give argument in a meaningful and objective way as to what they DISAGREE with that I am saying, then it just deteroriates into name calling, picture posting, and disrespect. and when that starts to happen, I will take the gloves off. its that simple. you don't like how I handle myself? well, maybe you should take it up with the forum mods, have them enforce the rules more fairly, have them break up these groups of troll bullies who just go around and shout people down. don't blame the problem on me; I am RESPONDING to these people. I do not know these people and would not seek them out on the forums to have a fight. but by God, if they are going to follow me around, harass me, ridicule and tease me, try to portray what I say as "wrong" (when there is no WRONG when it comes to opinion), and leave me nasty comments in my negative rep, then yeah I am going to get a little defensive and rude. DEAL WITH IT. life is rude. the world is rude. HUMANS are rude selfish s.o.b.'s. I am not going to argue with you over the manner in which I retaliate to insults and offenses. that is frankly none of your business.

so if you want to cross verbal swords with me, find something ON TOPIC that you disagree with me about, and express it
otherwise, PISS OFF
is that clear enough for you?

DeletedUser

the answer is, they are going to continue doing other updates, changing this game until it no longer resembles what most of us played the past two years
This is called progress. Things change. I assume that you are not still living in a cave, right?
and they will never introduce the fort shops
even though they were on the 2009 Roadmap last year
What crystal ball are you using to foretell the future. I'm sure many would want one.
why are the developers working on new random features when their is a backlog of features from LAST YEAR that were promised us and have since gone ignored?
Promissed? Can you link us to a post with said promisses? A roadmap was produced to let folks know what was being looked at and perhaps planned. How is that a promise?
forts are a huge joke because of this
Forts and fort battles may be a joke for you but not for I dare say the majority of others. A joke because they're aren't stores?! Please.
and how many of us stuck around and kept playing this game because they got excited about forts, and fort shops, and other promises made that now get passed over so we can have an overhaul of the workers and duelers system, ostensibly to make NEW PLAYERS pay more money on premium (forget about the older lvl99 capped players who can't do anything anymore)
Again, what you are calling a promise is only devs thinking out loud if you will. If you feel duped then take my advice and quit now. There's a saying you would do well to take to heart. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

There, your arguments hold no water and you should take your leaking pale elsewhere because a majority obviously don't want to hear your garbage here.

PS: I say the majority based on replies to your posts. If you have evidence to the contrary, like you getting more green rep than red on your posts then please provide proof of it because I, for one, don't believe you.

DeletedUser544

This is called progress. Things change. I assume that you are not still living in a cave, right? What crystal ball are you using to foretell the future. I'm sure many would want one.

wow another noob
join date april 2009
I DO NOT CARE what you think man
you are a noob
do you understand that? you and I will NEVER agree because it makes sense for you to like the new game updates; they are geared towards noobs like you

Promissed? Can you link us to a post with said promisses?

yes PROMISED
as in, all of 2009 when they told us every month that the forts were coming out in "two weeks"
and when they finally were released, there were no shops even though it was advertised and put forth as a JOINT UPDATE
because why introduce forts if there is no shops to give people incentive to own and control the forts
so forts get released; people get excited but then realize that there are no shops
so after the initial excitement over who is conquering what fort wears off, people started asking where the shops were
and it was PROMISED in the very next update
that was over a year ago
so when I say PROMISED i mean PROMISED
and no, I am not going to dig through the forums to find where it said that (if it even still exists on the forums)
you can go ahead and look for yourself if you wish I don't need to prove anything to a noob like you

A roadmap was produced to let folks know what was being looked at and perhaps planned. How is that a promise?

NO. the roadmap was produced to advertise upcoming features, ostensibly to keep people interested and to attract new customers. as such, it was a MARKETING TOOL. when you market a product to people as having certain features, or market a product to people that WILL have certain features a t some future date... and people buy that product or become invested in that product BECAUSE of that marketing tool... then you are OBLIGATED to actually deliver on what the marketing tool said
otherwise, it's called "false advertising" and is typically a crime in most countries

Forts and fort battles may be a joke for you but not for I dare say the majority of others. A joke because they're aren't stores?!

yeah. ask any players on older worlds where all the forts are controlled by 2-3 big empires. there is NO purpose to owning a fort other then bragging rights. PERIOD. and we have all been waiting two years (one year for forts to actually show up; but then they were only half implemented, so another year since forts came out for them to get the shops in) for forts to be implemented in the way they were ADVERTISED to us when we decided to start playing this game back in 2008.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

do not quote BUSH at me if you want to be taken seriously, ok?
that quote doesn't even really make sense in any sort of context, I wasn't "fooled" by anyone; me and all of the older players were outright lied to by Inno from day one about what this game would be down the road
I feel like I've been investing in a product for two years, and when I see the end result I have no clue what its supposed to be

There, your arguments hold no water and you should take your leaking pale elsewhere because a majority obviously don't want to hear your garbage here.

no, YOU think my arguments don't hold water. that is your opinion
and the "majority" you speak of? so far I only see worthless noobs who have created accounts in late 2009 or 2010
I really don't care about the opinions of people like that

PS: I say the majority based on replies to your posts. If you have evidence to the contrary, like you getting more green rep than red on your posts then please provide proof of it because I, for one, don't believe you.

I am not going to show you the entire history of my REP
I don't have to prove anything to you
suffice to say, you can mouse over the rep icon in my profile and see that I have a POSITIVE SCORE
which means that MORE PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN ME POSITIVE REP THEN HAVE GIVEN ME NEGATIVE REP
are you seriously that clueless about things?

DeletedUser

wow another noob
join date april 2009
I DO NOT CARE what you think man
you are a noob
do you understand that? you and I will NEVER agree because it makes sense for you to like the new game updates; they are geared towards noobs like you
So you're seriously noobish enough to think that joined forum date equals joined game date. I pity you and your ignorance. What other criterion do you have for opposition to your fallacious posts be considered? Or is it just, 'you're a noob so your opinions don't count'? Nice try at marginalizing but I don't think the majority will buy it. Try again with actual counterpoints. You may not care what I think and that's fine but by attacking the messenger rather than the message you fail, miserably.

yes PROMISED
as in, all of 2009 when they told us every month that the forts were coming out in "two weeks"
and when they finally were released, there were no shops even though it was advertised and put forth as a JOINT UPDATE
because why introduce forts if there is no shops to give people incentive to own and control the forts
so forts get released; people get excited but then realize that there are no shops
so after the initial excitement over who is conquering what fort wears off, people started asking where the shops were
and it was PROMISED in the very next update
that was over a year ago
so when I say PROMISED i mean PROMISED
and no, I am not going to dig through the forums to find where it said that (if it even still exists on the forums)
you can go ahead and look for yourself if you wish I don't need to prove anything to a noob like you
So you have no evidence, just mindless rantings. Got it.

NO. the roadmap was produced to advertise upcoming features, ostensibly to keep people interested and to attract new customers. as such, it was a MARKETING TOOL. when you market a product to people as having certain features, or market a product to people that WILL have certain features a t some future date... and people buy that product or become invested in that product BECAUSE of that marketing tool... then you are OBLIGATED to actually deliver on what the marketing tool said
otherwise, it's called "false advertising" and is typically a crime in most countries
And the absolute date for these features was what? Where in your purchase agreement does it state this exactly? A crime you say? I've been waiting years for Diablo3 but I don't think I can sue anyone because it's not out yet. A link or you're just so much blather. Have fun prosecuting.

yeah. ask any players on older worlds where all the forts are controlled by 2-3 big empires. there is NO purpose to owning a fort other then bragging rights. PERIOD. and we have all been waiting two years (one year for forts to actually show up; but then they were only half implemented, so another year since forts came out for them to get the shops in) for forts to be implemented in the way they were ADVERTISED to us when we decided to start playing this game back in 2008.
Well I would but it seems like you don't care what people think unless they joined before you or at the same time so this is really as pointless as the rest of your diatribe, isn't it? But let's try to understand shall we? So if fort stores came out whereby you could purchase hair dye to change the color of your avatar's hair, you'd be happy now, right? Or did you have some mythical promise of what exactly was to be sold in fort stores as well?

do not quote BUSH at me if you want to be taken seriously, ok?
that quote doesn't even really make sense in any sort of context, I wasn't "fooled" by anyone; me and all of the older players were outright lied to by Inno from day one about what this game would be down the road
I feel like I've been investing in a product for two years, and when I see the end result I have no clue what its supposed to be
You're showing your lack of real life experience here and i suggest you do some research on the quote. BUSH did not make it up. Well, to be fair he did make up the misquoting of it but that's beside the point. Again, if you think you have a case of fraud as you suggest then it should be no problem for you to provide evidence of such. You will certainly need it in a court battle so why not just point out the lies here with a link? Or do you think if you post enough rubbish here that that will be your case?

no, YOU think my arguments don't hold water. that is your opinion
and the "majority" you speak of? so far I only see worthless noobs who have created accounts in late 2009 or 2010
I really don't care about the opinions of people like that
Yes I do think that. I attributed that comment to no one else. Is this getting too hard for you to follow along? So by your definition April is LATE 2009. Got it. And this assumes that you falsely think that forum account creation equates with game account creation. Care to clarify that?

I am not going to show you the entire history of my REP
I don't have to prove anything to you
suffice to say, you can mouse over the rep icon in my profile and see that I have a POSITIVE SCORE
which means that MORE PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN ME POSITIVE REP THEN HAVE GIVEN ME NEGATIVE REP
are you seriously that clueless about things?
No, you don't have to prove anything to me or anyone else. But if you want to be taken seriously then you could provide proof. If more people agree with you on your latest rantings than disagree then why not post it? It would bolster your position which quite frankly looks very weak right now. No need to go back to your beta days when you were perhaps happy with things and got so much green rep, just post the say the last 4 days worth. Tell us, more red or green?

DeletedUser

In world one I take my sweet time as far as XP goes. I'm scarred of hitting level 99. I've been plying for quite a while, and I understand what Roland's problem is.

However, I actually think that the fort shops are in this year's Roadmap:

Item trade
Players can trade items with each other. Each player can put offers and requests into the player profile. At first it won’t be possible to trade items for items, only sale for money will be possible. Each item will have a minimum and a maximum Price.

Examples:
Request: Grey bowler for 260 dollars
Offer: Fancy hat for 800 Dollars
To trade items the players have to be at the same location. It is also possible to send items using the pony express (for nuggets).
The inventory limit will come at the same time as the item trade.

Poker
You can play poker against other players. A small part of the money played for goes to the bank. The bank always wins .
Reasons:
Something to do during waiting periods
Meet new players
Money gets pulled from the game
Requested by players

Poker
You can play poker against other players. A small part of the money played for goes to the bank. The bank always wins .
Reasons:
Something to do during waiting periods
Meet new players
Money gets pulled from the game
Requested by players

I think that these functions will be done in fort stores.

Remember:

Level 100 and new jobs
The Levels 100+ will be available. The hall of fame will be redone. There will also be new jobs.
Reasons:
Player wish
Something to do after level 99

Source: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=32494

DeletedUser544

So you're seriously noobish enough to think that joined forum date equals joined game date. I pity you and your ignorance. What other criterion do you have for opposition to your fallacious posts be considered? Or is it just, 'you're a noob so your opinions don't count'? Nice try at marginalizing but I don't think the majority will buy it. Try again with actual counterpoints. You may not care what I think and that's fine but by attacking the messenger rather than the message you fail, miserably.

the only people I see attacking anyone are a bunch of noob players who feel the need to SHOUT DOWN anyone who puts up a dissenting opinion about the new game updates
I'm not going to argue this with you or anyone else on here anymore
I truly to not care what people like you say or think
and when I say "people like you" that could mean any of the following:
1. trolls
2. noobs
3. brown-nosers
4. MODS or friends of mods

So you have no evidence, just mindless rantings. Got it.

no there is plenty of evidence, this forum is a repository of evidence
I know it's there; I saw it.
just because you only started playing 6 months ago, and think I'm lying, doesn't mean I need to go dredge it up. I READ IT at the time, before you were playing this game. go find it yourself and waste your own time; I'm not going to devote any of my effort to proving anything to you

And the absolute date for these features was what? Where in your purchase agreement does it state this exactly? A crime you say? I've been waiting years for Diablo3 but I don't think I can sue anyone because it's not out yet. A link or you're just so much blather. Have fun prosecuting.

since this game has an optional premium system, legally that closes any argument on fraud
my point was its NOT RIGHT the way they are treating us, and if this were a tangible "product" being sold in a commercial, it WOULD be illegal
see once again, I really hate having to repeat myself and explain myself to you because you are too lazy to read what I say before you hit "quote"
READ before your reply dude

Well I would but it seems like you don't care what people think unless they joined before you or at the same time so this is really as pointless as the rest of your diatribe, isn't it?

no I don't care about what people think who gain an ADVANTAGE by the updates coming out and BENEFIT from them, while people like me just get to watch from outside the glass while everyone inside gets to keep having fun because they were smart enough to join late and not waste the last two years of their lives playing this game and hitting lvl99
the reason is that a player in that situation would be BIASED, and I have no interest in trying to argue with someone who has already made up to their mind and does not listen to logic, reason, or rationality

But let's try to understand shall we? So if fort stores came out whereby you could purchase hair dye to change the color of your avatar's hair, you'd be happy now, right? Or did you have some mythical promise of what exactly was to be sold in fort stores as well?

what part of the game is unlocked by controlling a fort?
can you answer that question?
oh wow, you can sleep in 6hrs instead of 8
BIG WOOP
oh wow, you can name a county and brag to everyone how awesome you are
BIG WOOP

when I started the west in 2008, I thought their were already forts
why? because their main page and advertisements all said their were
it took until late 2009 before we got the forts; but minus the shops which we were all expecting
the days before the update, I remember all the speculation about what the shops would contain. then nothing. for a YEAR

having a town has a purpose
having a FORT should have a purpose
it's that simple
and it was promised
BEFORE you were even playing this game, it was promised
this is why I am sick of arguing with people like you

You're showing your lack of real life experience here and i suggest you do some research on the quote. BUSH did not make it up.

I know BUSH didn't make it up, but that doesn't matter
he popularized it when he bungled it so famously
and it forever is associated with him and his inept ignorance

Again, if you think you have a case of fraud as you suggest then it should be no problem for you to provide evidence of such. You will certainly need it in a court battle so why not just point out the lies here with a link? Or do you think if you post enough rubbish here that that will be your case?

again, I never said it was a case of fraud. you didn't take the time to read and understand the parallel I was making between fraud, the crime which is illegal in many countries, and what Inno does with their marketing for this game and what features it "supposedly" has or will have

Yes I do think that. I attributed that comment to no one else. Is this getting too hard for you to follow along? So by your definition April is LATE 2009. Got it. And this assumes that you falsely think that forum account creation equates with game account creation. Care to clarify that?

ok so when did you start playing?
what level are your characters?
or, the most important qualifier when figuring out whether I should care or not about your opinion, do you have ANY characters near or at the level 99 cap?

No, you don't have to prove anything to me or anyone else. But if you want to be taken seriously then you could provide proof. If more people agree with you on your latest rantings than disagree then why not post it? It would bolster your position which quite frankly looks very weak right now. No need to go back to your beta days when you were perhaps happy with things and got so much green rep, just post the say the last 4 days worth. Tell us, more red or green?

my position looks weak because a mob of 3-5 noobs like you have taken to shouting down anything I say?
I'd say it illustrates my point exactly
players like you need unfair handicaps like this
it's the only way you can not suck in this game
if you didn't have things like this, you could never catch up to (and thus compete) in any way with players like me
I look down on you
so no, I won't be showing you my private REP scores and comments
those are none of your business, but more importantly
I have nothing to prove to you BECAUSE
I don't care what you think

We're up to four!

wow, good for you
you have gone around and gotten all of your noobish grommit friends to assign me more negative REP
I seriously could care less man keep trying to find more random people to give me negative REP
it doesn't do anything in the game, you realize that right?
it doesn't count as a win for ANYTHING
you still can't even challenge me to a duel because you are such an insignificant speck of a dueler that you would NEVER be able to get your dueling level high enough, even if I QUIT, to be able to duel me
and if by some impossibility of reality you did
I would take pleasure in stomping you into the ground every 2 days on the SECOND! piss off troll

DeletedUser

@Roland A long post but I liked it. Good for you for standing your corner.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.