Evilution: the Descent of Man

DeletedUser

Another law of physics that we should look into is the law of cause and effect. This law states that every event is the result of a cause. No effect is ever greater than its cause, but it may be lesser. Here I would like to quote from Dr. Henry Morris (Scientific Creationism, 20):

Quote:
“Using causal reasoning, the theistic creationist notes that:
The First Cause of limitless Space must be infinite
The First Cause of endless Time must be eternal
The First Cause of boundless Energy must be omnipotent
. . . The First Cause of infinite Complexity must be omniscient
The First Cause of Moral Values must be moral
The First Cause of Spiritual Values must be spiritual
The First Cause of Human Responsibility must be volitional
The First Cause of Human Integrity must be truthful
The First Cause of Human Love must be loving
The First Cause of Life must be living
“We conclude from the law of cause-and effect that the First Cause of all things must be an infinite, eternal, omnipotent, . . . omniscient, moral, spiritual, volitional, truthful, loving, living Being! Do such adjectives describe Matter? Can random motion of primeval particles produce intelligent thought or inert molecules generate spiritual worship? To say that Matter and its innate properties constitute the ultimate explanation for the universe and its inhabitants is equivalent to saying that the Law of Cause-and-Effect is valid only under present circumstances, not in the past.”

This is just a bunch of ####.
Choose to disprove evolution through science or through poetry and philosophy, I would choose for the fist one. But still:
"I think so I am."

DeletedUser

Wow....

This thread is more pointless than the dutch "we wantz to get married in teh church in-game" thread.

DeletedUser

Only if they allow gay marriage in game as well! [Let's see if that starts something!]

DeletedUser

Ooh... The serious girl does know a joke.

Have you seen the new divorced Barbie? She comes with all of Ken's stuff.

Oh, alright. I'll leave the humour to you. ;)

DeletedUser

MY bad, nashy, I may have overlooked it..I usually drop by in a hurry. And for such misunderstanding, I do submit my apology.

I was pointing out to the theory of evolution that others likely accept as a fact. And that was the fact I was referring to. Again my apology, I got your post mixed up with the post of another who poses as such. :eek:

Anyway, that's why I'm L3, as in 3 times..so 3rd time, I submit my apology.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
The improbability of any complex system arising by chance is proof enough that evolution is impossible. A look at the science of probability should convince any person that it takes much greater faith to believe in evolution than in creation.

I like probability the most so I want to ask, who said that?

I take it that you must mean the universe because the planet and evolution fit well with probably considering we are not actually creating a system. Surely reality is either certain or impossible, and if you consider we are in reality by definition that would make the system a certainty.

I'm a believer in infinity, the same way you say something can not come from nothing I add that something can not disappear into nothing.

I found out that you're quote with the hurricane was simply false (not Science) based on a personal vendetta the person had.

--

But by your own logic: How probable is god? If you are going to take the argument back a step you need a valid reason. It's interesting how god was always there while a cluster of universes couldn't possibly have just been there.

The only purpose that serves in my mind is to glorify human like figures.

--

@L3 It's no big deal, just letting you know (I think I know what you're referring too, I forget too) :)

DeletedUser

Violette said:
Please don't pretend my words support what you are saying. You are still using that word incorrectly.

I'm not using the word incorrectly! A theory is a scientist's explanation of the facts.

Violette said:
When you stop pretending what was written 200 years ago is some kind of static dogma like yours and start addressing contemporary knowledge, you might actually say something relevant.

My stuff isn't ancient.

Violette said:
And when you are able to hold your own in an actual discussion rather than just spamming the thread, people might think you have some understanding of what you are talking about, rather than just having read some seriously twisted fundamentalist propaganda.

I'm not spamming! What in the world?! I started this thread to show you guys evidence against the theory of evolution. Nashy, specifically, asked me to do this.

DeletedUser

nashy19 said:
I'm not talking about how old the Earth is or what we would have evolved from. I'm talking about Evolution now, factually evolution is inevitable so it doesn't matter if pixies made us with memories 12 days ago, evolution would be happening.

Also the magnetic field is due for a flip.

Evolution is not factual. It has NEVER been observed.

Would you care to tells us how the magnetic field is going to flip?

I've heard this argument before; it's absolutely ludicrous.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Evolution is not factual. It has NEVER been observed.

Would you care to tells us how the magnetic field is going to flip?

I've heard this argument before; it's absolutely ludicrous.

Please describe what you think is the evolution process, I feel the need for this because it gives us an idea of how much you know and also forces you to check what you know.

The magnetic flip is very simple Geology, like I said to L3 I want to treat this as a discussion not a lesson.

DeletedUser

Nowhere near as ridiculous as creationism. It has been proved that the magnetic field flips, but as of yet, no-one has discovered why.

Just because you don't know why something happens, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

DeletedUser

The following Philosophy is from Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Gnosticism, American transcendentalism & the movie Matrix:

All matter is believed to be an illusion called Maya, blinding us from knowing the truth. Maya is the limited, purely physical and mental reality in which our everyday consciousness has become entangled. Maya is held to be an illusion, a veiling of the true, unitary Self — the Cosmic Spirit. Maya gets destroyed for a person when they perceive the true self with transcendental knowledge.

It's not that what is perceived does not exist but that erroneous perception sees it for what it is not. In a magic show, when the mesmerist hypnotizes the whole audience and all people see that the mesmerist devours a big sword and cuts the body of a lad in the box. Even so, you are all hypnotized by Maya and ignorance and you take this unreal world as a solid reality. De-hypnotize yourself by getting Knowledge of Ultimate Reality.

Maya deludes us. Maya havocs through the mind. The things that we perceive all round us is a product of the mind. The world does not exist by itself. It is not seen without the aid of the mind. It is imagination alone that assumes the forms of time, space, and motion. For example, unless one retains sight of the void(space) behind it, the sky appears blue at a distance; but look at it closely and you will find that it has no color. The water of the ocean looks blue at a distance, but when you go near and take it in your hand, you find that it is colorless. Humans are deluded through Maya and have become attached to the world.

The finite human mind cannot comprehend the exact relationship between the One and the many, Reality and appearance, the Absolute and the relative. From the standpoint of the relative, there is no Absolute. The Absolute is a mystical experience characterized by the absence of duality. Under the influence of this cosmic ignorance, the all pervading, eternal, and infinite spirit forgets its real nature. It is something like a man going to sleep, which first makes him oblivious of himself and then creates the fantastic dream world. It is also a well known fact that on account of ignorance one sees water in the desert, as in the case of a mirage. As long as the sleep and the illusion last, the experience of the dream and the mirage appear to be real.

Maya creates division, division between the individual soul and the Supreme Soul. On account of Maya, the true self, identifies itself with the finite, material forms and becomes individualized. Maya superimposes upon itself the attributes of the material form with which it is identified. Thus the birthless, deathless, immortal soul, which is of the nature of Existence-Knowledge-Bliss Absolute, appears to be finite, phenomenal being subject to hunger and thirst, pain and pleasure, birth and death etc. As long as ignorance lasts, these relative characteristics appear to pertain to the soul and to be real. All the individualized, finite beings one sees in the universe are manifestations of the true self through Maya
& therefore the finite human mind cannot comprehend God's methods, coming to erroneous conclusions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In consonance with what Ne0 has posted, it has been said the the wisdom of scholars are wisdom of fools to try understand the wisdom of the Almighty.

DeletedUser

I'm not using the word incorrectly! A theory is a scientist's explanation of the facts.

Yes you are and it has been repeatedly explained to you why. So let's just keep it simple for you: That evolution occurs is a fact.

And as Artemis explained: that some hypotheses are found to be incorrect does not disprove that theory.

I'm not spamming! What in the world?! I started this thread to show you guys evidence against the theory of evolution. Nashy, specifically, asked me to do this.

Nashy asked for a discussion. You have posted so much stuff (some of which is completely unrelated to evolution and some of which actually supports it) that it kills discussion. In terms of argumentation, it might be an effective strategy if we were all stupid, because sometimes the person who just keeps talking the loudest and longest wins, regardless of the quality of their arguments.

But we are not stupid and will not be overwhelmed. So present some points and give us the opportunity to respond and raise other points. To which you can then respond.

As it stands, what happens is that your lack of response to the points we raise, and your continual "control" of the (I use the term loosely) discussion implies that your knowledge is actually quite shallow.