Duel opponents too high to fight?

DeletedUser

Similarly on World one...both myself and the mentioned opponent are adveturers, NOT duels by chartacter class.

There I am level 38, with a level 45 dueling, my opponent is level 44 with level 57 dueling. He attacks me constantly...at least twice a day, yet he is listed as too high for me to attack.

With level 45 dueling, you should be able to duel up to dueling level 63. Dueling against a level 57 would get you 179*motivation% in case you win, and he gets 35*motivation% in case he wins. If you cannot duel him (it shows "Duel not possible"), send in a ticket, so the situation will be investigated.

MFRavenhawk

I dont know how to do screenshots, and I do know the difference when the town saloon log reads 'duel not possible' and 'is asleep right now'.

I also know the difference when I get the red screen that says 'duel not possible. player level is too high (or low)' and the red screen that says 'player is asleep right now. he is well protected'.

DeletedUser

MFR - Duels can ONLY happen IF both players can receive XP. It is very simple to see IF you can attack someone by clicking on another town's saloon.

If a higher duel level person attacked you and you can not attack them back it is cause their duel level went up since the duel took place.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for a higher duel level person to initiate and attack you if their duel level is so high that they get no XP.

There is no set minimum or maximum range for dueling levels, but the range increases as your duel level goes higher. This is why at duel level 10 there are many fewer duel levels you can fight then if you were duel level 50.

Read all the "duel" links here:

http://www.the-west.net/help.php?article=duel

MFRavenhawk

Duel: PlayerX vs. MFRavenhawkOn 1/20/09 at 3:49 AM
MFRavenhawkjavascript:AjaxWindow.show('profile',{char_id:71781},'71781');
Level 38
Dueling level 45
trapper_small.png
Duel location

Miestas2
indian_small.png
Player X Level 44
Dueling level 56
challenger Strike: Left shoulder
- 88 HP

Strike: Left shoulder
- 10 HP Strike: Right arm
- 69 HP

No hit No hit

Strike: Head
- 14 HP Strike: Left shoulder
- 44 HP

- 25 HP No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

- 7 HP No hit

No hit Total health points
- 201 HP

Total health points
- 56 HP Player X wins the duel and gains 44 experience points. MFRavenhawk did not carry any cash and Player X walks away without taking any money.

This is what my last attack from him shows..I edited out the name to avoid making false accusations in case there is an explanation that works. Behind this, I still found myself unable to attack him based on the fact the saloon log said "duel not possible"...NOT "player is sleeping" or "player cannot duel for 48 hours".

And it is painfuly obvious he DID gain experience from it :p

DeletedUser

man i pity you for some of the replies you got here. i never had this happen to me and the only thing i can think of is the programmers have the duel level requirements just off keel a little for the cutoff points.
from what you say, it would seem it should be the other way around that a low level can attack a high level and not the high attacking the low at the extreme points of the duel levels. since a low level winning is a slim chance, and if it works then more power to him/her

DeletedUser

he got 44 exp from you and your not able to duel him ?
i was expecting something like 5 or 8 exp

MFRavenhawk

he got 44 exp from you and your not able to duel him ?
i was expecting something like 5 or 8 exp

I never could touch him in the first place...that is the entire basis for me initiating this discussion...he has hit me four other times in the last three days...and I have experienced similar situations on worlds 2, 3, and 4...this particular instance is on world 1. I havent experienced it on world 5 since I am not affiliated to a town, hence cant duel anyways; nor yet on world 6 since that just started yesterday.

DeletedUser

you have a ticket on it since he is able to get 44 exp from you there is something wrong there
and also ask a dueler that has a high duel level compared to his exp level about this maybe he knows

Last edited by a moderator:

MFRavenhawk

I had someone in my town tell me that you should be able to duel anyone within 10 levels above or below your own...not quite sure if this is correct, though

If it is, in this case, the player is 11 levels above me..which means he shouldnt be able to touch me, nor obviously me him.

I know for a fact that I cant attack anyone 11 dueling levels below myself, so I am at a loss to explain why this person can.

DeletedUser

There is no set number of levels, someone already posted the formula here. It's also been said a few times that if he can challenge you and you can't challenge him back without any changes in dueling levels, it's a bug. Just send in a support ticket as docmed suggested and they'll check it out.

DeletedUser

I had someone in my town tell me that you should be able to duel anyone within 10 levels above or below your own...not quite sure if this is correct, though

If it is, in this case, the player is 11 levels above me..which means he shouldnt be able to touch me, nor obviously me him.

I know for a fact that I cant attack anyone 11 dueling levels below myself, so I am at a loss to explain why this person can.

If you would have read the link(s) I posted earlier you'd know the duel level requirement is based on duel level:

Experience points = (7 * dueling level of the loser) - (5 * Dueling level of the winner) + 5

You can duel people 11 duel levels lower then yourself. Your duel level 45 minus 11 = duel level 34.

(7x34) = 238 - (5x45) = 225

238-225 = 13 XP

Since the number is positive you can in fact duel people who are duel level 34 which is 11 levels below your duel level.

I still believe this is user error since you're the first person to claim what you're saying.

To post a screenshot:

1. Register at Photobucket.
2. When looking at the other players Saloon - hit "Prt Scr" on your keyboard. (Its in the top right corner.)
3. Hit the "Windows" key or click on the "Start" button.
4. Click on "Run"
5. In the box type "mspaint" (no quotes)
6. Hit the ctrl+v keys at the same time. This puts your screenshot onto MSPaint.
7. In the top left corner click "File Save As"
8. Click on the dropdown: "save as type file" and change it from 24bit to JPEG. Change the name of the file from "untitled" to whatever you like.

You're almost done !

9. Goto Photobucket and where it says " Upload Images & Video" click on "choose files".
10. Find where you save the file and click "Open"
11. Click "Save and Continue" (You can give the file a name if you like.)
12. You should see the thumbnail of your Screenshot and underneath it a line that says "direct link". Right click and hit "copy" on that line.

13. Come back to the forum and hit "Quick Reply".
14. On the boxes above the white area click on the icon that looks like mail with a stamp on it. It says "Insert Image" when you hover your mouse over it.
15. Click in the white part of the blue box and hit the "back arrow" button to delete the "http://" and then right click and hit "paste". This should put the url onto the line.
16. Click "Ok" and the image should appear in the box when you hit "Preview Post"

Learning how to take a Screenshot and provide a link/post it in a forum is an extremely valuable tool for living in the computer age and everyone should know how to do it ... regardless of whether you post or not.

If you can't figure it out you have 2 choices:

1. Get a newspaper and read and re-read what I wrote until you comprehend what I wrote and then smack yourself in the head for not reading it correctly the first time.

2. Find someone who knows how to take and upload a Screenshot for you and have them show you while doing it.

DeletedUser

Good how-to there. You might say, a real gem!

diamond.gif

14. On the boxes above the white area click on the icon that looks like mail with a stamp on it. It says "Insert Image" when you hover your mouse over it.

I don't have that, but I have one that does the same thing and looks like a little picture of mountains and a sun in a yellow sky. :p

DeletedUser

Use any bitmap editor. Paintshop Pro, Corel whatevertheyhavenow, Photoshop, or another one. As long as it will save in .JPG format you're good to go.

MFRavenhawk

Dont have any Adobe, ACDSee, Corel, or Camstasia programs on my computer that might work for this and there is no way I can afford a couple hundred bucks to buy them.

Cant find any freeware or shareware online to download that would do the task either.

DeletedUser5046

another way:

• When looking at the other players Saloon - hit "Prt Scr" on your keyboard. (Its in the top right corner.)

• open 'paint' on your accessories
• paste (CTRL + V) the printed sreenor whatever they call it*
•save it as JPG/JPEG...
•upload on http://photobucket.com/

*i hope it works and sorry i cant duel you *

MFRavenhawk

I am guessing my system is not the same as what you folks are trying to describe from....my keyboard does not have a print screen button...now matter how you try to describe it. top left is escape, top right is home...in between are f1-f8, though I have no idea what those are used for.

as for operating system accessories, there is nothing there that resembles 'paint', 'mspaint' or anything remotely resembling preinstalled graphics editing software.

DeletedUser

Dont have any Adobe, ACDSee, Corel, or Camstasia programs on my computer that might work for this and there is no way I can afford a couple hundred bucks to buy them.

Cant find any freeware or shareware online to download that would do the task either.
type photoshop in your search engine, you will find a number of free ones there
as for adobe they have a free version of a pdf program and i am sure corel does also

DeletedUser

I am guessing my system is not the same as what you folks are trying to describe from....my keyboard does not have a print screen button...now matter how you try to describe it. top left is escape, top right is home...in between are f1-f8, though I have no idea what those are used for.

as for operating system accessories, there is nothing there that resembles 'paint', 'mspaint' or anything remotely resembling preinstalled graphics editing software.
so your not using windows XP, 98, 95, me, 2000, vista ?
as for no print screen button on your keyboard . i think even the old commodore 64 KB had that key