Duel opponents too high to fight?

MFRavenhawk

I have no idea how the dueling range works, being relatively new (ok, more than relatively), but if range was based on percentage difference in levels, e.g., ±50% then a level 40 could attack a level 20 but a level 20 could only attack a level 30.

Sounds possible...but is this in fact the case..or something similar?

either way, it is incredibly unfair that a high-ranking attacker can constantly duel someone lower-ranking, and not have to worry about that player returning the attacks.

DeletedUser

Sounds possible...but is this in fact the case..or something similar?

either way, it is incredibly unfair that a high-ranking attacker can constantly duel someone lower-ranking, and not have to worry about that player returning the attacks.

If you've had the same problem on all worlds, it seems like there's a good chance it's based on percentage difference, but obviously someone with more experience could be more specific. My dueling experience consists of Jules and petty and mean henchmen. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5046

I did this to illustrate there is some point that when a character outranks another, the one attempting to attack cant do so. What I would be curious is if, since I cant attack you on worlds 2 and 3, if you might still be able to attack me.

it says 'te player is sleepin in te hotel right noe..they are well protected:)

MFRavenhawk

it says 'te player is sleepin in te hotel right noe..they are well protected:)

try again in 3 hours or so..I am recoveringfrom a long day of labor on world 2 :)

and you cant attack me on world 3 til late tuesday...my last attacker made me pass out so i cant duel anyone...attack or defend
:p

Last edited:

MFRavenhawk

If you've had the same problem on all worlds, it seems like there's a good chance it's based on percentage difference, but obviously someone with more experience could be more specific. ;)

That is what I am hoping for...eventually :dry:

DeletedUser5046

try again in 3 hours or so..I am recoveringfrom a long day of labor on world 2 :)

and you cant attack me on world 3 til late tuesday...my last attacker made me pass out so i cant duel anyone...attack or defend
:p

but tat was on W4..alright then

MFRavenhawk

world 4 is the ONE world where we are relatively equal in rankings, so trying there is rather pointless...it is where we have such a divergent gap between us that i am curious if you could attack me where i cant attack you...although your success would actually be the opposite of my problem :huh:

One Armed Ninja

Try this, I think some of it may be a little offskwew but....

As Long as both people can earn exp they can duel.

Experience points = (7 * dueling level of the loser) - (5 * Dueling level of the winner) + 5

*All levels are dueling levels*
(This may not be entirely correct, but i've tried :D)

Lvl 1 can challenge lvls 1-2
2 = 1-3
3 = 2-5
4 = 3-6
5 = 3-7
6 = 4-9
7 = 5-10
8 = 6-12
9 = 6-13
10 = 7-14
11 = 8-16
12 = 8-17
13 = 9-19
14 = 10-20
15 = 11-21
16 = 11-23
17 = 12-24
18 = 13-26
19 = 13-27
20 = 14-28
21 = 15-30
22 = 15-31
23 = 16-33
24 = 17-34
25 = 17-35
26 = 18-37
27 = 19-38
28 = 20-40
29 = 20-41
30 = 21-42
31 = 22-44
32 = 22-45
33 = 23-47
34 = 24-48
35 = 25-49
36 = 25-51
37 = 26-52
38 = 27-54
39 = 27-55
40 = 28-56

MFRavenhawk

I know that is the case...but if one person cant attack the other, how would both have a chance to gain experience? It seems to me if a player is being attacked by someone he cant attack back, then ONLY the attacker has the chance to gain experience

One Armed Ninja

What I believe may have happened to you, is, after they attacked you and before you went to challenge them, they gained a dueling level.

DeletedUser

Actually, they'd both have a chance to gain experience; it just depends on who wins. If one person can attack, the other should be able to too.

MFRavenhawk

In all the times i have been attacks by someone I could not attack in return...I have LOST.

In losing you do not gain experience. When you are well below the attacker in level that you have NO CHANCE to win, the chance to gain experience is missing.

MFRavenhawk

What I believe may have happened to you, is, after they attacked you and before you went to challenge them, they gained a dueling level.

and this is concidered in my question...if when I gain a dueling level, certain players previously available to me to duel become no longer available til they gain in rank again. however, the point I am looking at, is I am attacked by someone who I cant reach, and yet they still attack me over and over, increasing their OWN dueling level further while I have no such increase.

DeletedUser

Try this, I think some of it may be a little offskwew but....

Experience points = (7 * dueling level of the loser) - (5 * Dueling level of the winner) + 5

*All levels are dueling levels*
(This may not be entirely correct, but i've tried :D)

Lvl 1 can challenge lvls 1-2
2 = 1-3
3 = 2-5
4 = 3-6
5 = 3-7
6 = 4-9
7 = 5-10
8 = 6-12
9 = 6-13
10 = 7-14
11 = 8-16
12 = 8-17
13 = 9-19
14 = 10-20
15 = 11-21
16 = 11-23
17 = 12-24
18 = 13-26
19 = 13-27
20 = 14-28
21 = 15-30
22 = 15-31
23 = 16-33
24 = 17-34
25 = 17-35
26 = 18-37
27 = 19-38
28 = 20-40
29 = 20-41
30 = 21-42
31 = 22-44
32 = 22-45
33 = 23-47
34 = 24-48
35 = 25-49
36 = 25-51
37 = 26-52
38 = 27-54
39 = 27-55
40 = 28-56
If this is correct, you'll see a pattern where certain levels minimum repeats, but the max doesn't. The minimums overlap until level 15. The min for 21 and 22 are both 15, but the max for 15 is 21.

DeletedUser

The list is not correct, but it gives a rough estimate.
You can duel based on your dueling level, compared to the enemy's dueling level.
You can attack (and be attacked by) players with dueling level between 5/7*your_dueling_level and 7/5*your_dueling_level.

One Armed Ninja

Yeah I think I got the minimum levels wrong, but couldn't be bothered to change once i had done it, the max levels are all correct thoguh, well I believe so

MFRavenhawk

You can duel based on your dueling level, compared to the enemy's dueling level.
You can attack (and be attacked by) players with dueling level between 5/7*your_dueling_level and 7/5*your_dueling_level.

I am appreciative of the efforts you folks are giving...but so far, nothing said helps truly explain this...and maybe I missed placing something into my original posting. Here is the situation I face which brings up the question and completely defies all current efforts to explain:

1: I visit Town A in an effort to help my town gain revenge for attacks made against us. Trying to attack Player X, I am told his level is too high to attack. (this being said, respective dueling levels are currently of no consequence)

2: While in Town A, I do attack Players Y, Z, and Q...losing to all of them, hence NO INCREASE to my dueling level and no experience points earned.

3: Player X visits my town for revenge on the attacks made on his town...and he attacks me and wins.

4: I return to Town A and find I still cannot touch Player X...and even after winning against other townsmen, my experience increase is still not enough to allow me to reach Player X.

5: Player X again returns to my town for revenge, and I again find myself victim of his attacks.

Now granted, there is the possibility that Player X gained sufficient experience to put him out of my reach, but that does absolutely nothing to explain why he can attack me when I couldnt touch him in the first place!!

I am therefore still left without an answer to this dilemma dispite some good efforts to try.

One Armed Ninja

OK did you gain a normal level between losing the duels and X's revenge?

As that would also increase your dueling level by one and might've put you in his reach

MFRavenhawk

I lost healthpoints requiring me to return home and sleep...while working my first job after waking up is when I was attacked, so no experience level increase happened...in fact I am still at the same level on all worlds I was for the last 2 weeks.