Dogs are food too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I repeat:
I have yet to see a single logical argument why dogs should not be eaten.

Oh well I haven't seen anything logical about this thread from the start.
Basically the other day you probably saw your neighbors dog and thought: ,,Hey, I wonder how it would taste like." Lets just ignore the fact that in western society dogs aren't treated as food for a long long time(except by some disillusion guys like you.) I'd like to see you propagating this idea in real life, not in some forum where you can hide from those who oppose it.

You can call me pathetic, but I already know how pathetic you are.

DeletedUser8950

Basically the other day you probably saw your neighbors dog and thought: ,,Hey, I wonder how it would taste like." Lets just ignore the fact that in western society dogs aren't treated as food for a long long time(except by some disillusion guys like you.) I'd like to see you propagating this idea in real life, not in some forum where you can hide from those who oppose it.

I have eaten dog, I am disillusional (at least spell right)

DeletedUser

First off, I didn't call you pathetic, I called your behavior(and argumentation) pathetic.

Then you need a lesson in logic.

Basically the other day you probably saw your neighbors dog and thought: ,,Hey, I wonder how it would taste like."
Yet another marvelous example of you assuming this and that.

Lets just ignore the fact that in western society dogs aren't treated as food for a long long time(except by some disillusion guys like you.)
Durrrr! That's amongst the points for raising this discussion.
Dogs haven't been treated as the food they are in western society for some years now, although most european countries have eaten dog at one time or another.

Hence: "Dogs are food too!"

I'd like to see you propagating this idea in real life, not in some forum where you can hide from those who oppose it.
Yada yada yada, bla bla bal. Irrelevant.

DeletedUser1121

It is a cultural thing.

- Hindoes don't eat cows
- Muslims don't eat pigs
- western society doesn't eat dogs (or cats or any other domesticated animal)

It is all in your mind.

Damn, the French eat snails and frogs. Just the idea of eating a frog makes my stumach turn. But that doesn't mean you can't eat them. I just won't (under normal circumstances that is)

Don't know if you guys know the television show Fear Factor? they need to eat al kind of bugs and insects.
People do the strangest things but that doesn't mean you can't eat them.

DeletedUser14029

in China - dogs and cats can be made into delicious dishes o_O
Well, let's just say, I love dogs & cats. It saddens me to see 'em eaten but I will not protest because its not 'wrong' in any sense

Humans, on the other hand, if we eat humans that will be cannibalism - and atheists, believers, Christians or not - that's just WRONG in a sense. UNLESS I am REALLY out of food and in the most extreme situation possible will I consider so grotesque an option

DeletedUser

Durrrr! That's amongst the points for raising this discussion.
Dogs haven't been treated as the food they are in western society for some years now, although most european countries have eaten dog at one time or another.

Hence: "Dogs are food too!"

There is no hence in here. A lot of unethical things were done in the past, but fortunately our society has learned from the mistakes. Its like trying to bring back an old tradition that has been condoned by society for a long time.
Dogs may be food, but it doesn't mean in okey to eat them.

DeletedUser

There is no hence in here. A lot of unethical things were done in the past, but fortunately our society has learned from the mistakes. Its like trying to bring back an old tradition that has been condoned by society for a long time.
Dogs may be food, but it doesn't mean in okey to eat them.

Cute.
You have an opinion.
I guess that means you're right!

Still waiting for the argument on why it is ethically wrong to eat a dog.
Just imagine that juicy and tenderly warming dog-stew with chili. Mmmm....

That's what I'd call a true chili-dog!

Edit: Good post Desi. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's time to use your own strategy this time: If you don't understand it, then you need a lesson in what's wrong and what's right.

DeletedUser

It's time to use your own strategy this time: If you don't understand it, then you need a lesson in what's wrong and what's right.
Cute try, but it only serves to display your lack of understanding when it comes to ethics.

Do try again though, or was that the best argument you could muster?

Last edited by a moderator:

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)

That was an argument? It looked more look an ad hominem mixed with "well I aint tellin' you", the second part probably having a name of it's own.

edit: argument from authority and appeal to ridicule.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

(( alright you ad homineners, stay on topic and stop debating debating styles. ))

DeletedUser

Cute try, but it only serves to display your lack of understanding when it comes to ethics.

My lack of understanding about ethics? Remember that Im not the one in here with controversial ideas that most people wouldn't ever come up with.

Well now I must explain to you something that even a 5 year old can understand. The dog has accompanied man longer than any other domestic animal. Dogs are used to guard homes, to help in hunting and first and foremost to have some ompany. Men understood it a long time a go that it would be unethical to eat someone who tries to be friendly with you and is willing to help you.

Dog is the most common pet in the world. So eating a dog just to make a point is basically giving the finger to all dog owners world wide. Now if you still
fail to understand why its wrong to eat a dog, then there is no point in continuing this debate. Its like arguing with a racist; you know that no argument is good enough for him

DeletedUser

As a thread this has nowhere to go. Everything on the subject can be said in two lines:
1.It's possible.
2.It's a matter of taste +/or taboo.

You could have a thread for every feasible foodstuff (dog, horse, snail, plankton, excrement, coal, ants, babies, Anabaptists etc) and they would pretty much boil down to the same. So it's not surprising that folks are arguing and getting off-topic when the topic is done.

Time to lock & throw away the key?

DeletedUser8950

Nice, a "I know you are but what am I?" themed post.

And I know he wasn't talking about you but you know what I mean.
For the love of Clint Eastwood, it's a damn meme. A internet joke. YOu comprehend?

On topic-I have eaten dog meat.

DeletedUser

On topic-I have eaten dog meat.

If there was a god you would catch one of the following...

Dog meat is unsafe for many reasons, mostly due to the dog meat market being unsupervised and lacking inspections, but also due to diseases found in dogs that are dangerous to humans, such as [FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]anthrax, hepatitis, [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]vrucellosis, [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]leptospirosis, and internal parasites.*
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

*prays*

Status
Not open for further replies.