Dogs are food too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Im just trying to understand what are you trying to achieve with this discussion.
But that doesn't mean that you have to eat everything.
Then keep trying, you might get it.

Sure, you don't have to eat everything, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to eat anything ;)

I really hope I never get hungry enough to wanna eat my dog, but yeah under the right circumstances I wanna survive.
1 point for you my friend, you just touched one of the layers of this discussion.

I don't think I could ever eat an animal that shows affection towards humans.
That answers your some of your questions John. Sure we don't cry over a fish who can even remember you for 10 seconds latter, but it takes a really sick person to kill a dog for food(leave out the extreme situations).
No it doesn't.

I've seen both cows and pigs show affection towards humans.
Sure as hell doesnt' stop me from loving my bacon and steaks.

lol, what makes killing, skinning, fileting, and eating a dog into a sick action?

I'd download a car, and I'd damn well slice a dogs throat, hang it up, then skin it. Whole dog BBQ'ed? Yes, please.

Yeah I get your point, but do we really know what we are capable of doing if it comes down to survival? What if it were just you and the dog, no food at all and the dog died? Would you do it then?
Mrmatt scores another point.

010.jpg
That looks like a dinner for 3 to me.
Mmmmm..... tasty!

Don't forget all of the helpful things they do for us, sniffer dogs, guide dogs, companions to their owners, sheep dogs etc.
Already covered this. That makes dogs twice as useful.
You can have some of them do useful tasks whereas others are that don't do those jobs well are bred for slaughter and nourishment.

Pretty dog man. :)
I do believe you ment to say:
TASTY dog!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No it doesn't.

I've seen both cows and pigs show affection towards humans.
Sure as hell doesnt' stop me from loving my bacon and steaks.

lol, what makes killing, skinning, fileting, and eating a baby into a sick action?

I'd download a car, and I'd damn well eat slice a ... throat, hang it up, then skin it. Whole ... BBQ'ed? Yes, please. (I wont edit that) :unsure:

fat-baby-03-thumb.jpg

That looks like a dinner for 3 to me.
Mmmmm..... tasty!

I do believe you ment to say:
TASTY baby!

JR I would not be suprised if you said something like that next.

Next thread "Babies are food too!"

I believe they also do that in China

http://www.trosch.org/lif/baby-eat.html

You are entitled to your own views but do you have to get so graphic?

and I'd damn well eat slice a dogs throat, hang it up, then skin it. Whole dog BBQ'ed? Yes, please
You know a lot of people here disapprove and care for dogs, yet you talk like that, show a little respect? Could we tone it down a little?

P.S I LOVE babies and dogs :) not to eat of course!

DeletedUser

Next thread "Babies are food too!"
There we go with cannibalism again.
I've already covered that.
Comparing the slaughter and eating of a savoury dog to cannibalism is at best inane.

You are entitled to your own views but do you have to get so graphic?
I suppose I do have to be that graphic.
In fact, I was thinking I ought to be more graphic.

You know a lot of people here disapprove and care for dogs, yet you talk like that, show a little respect? Could we tone it down a little?
Why should I treat a dog-owner any differently than a religious person?
THat's right, I shouldn't, and I don't.
I treat everyone the same.
Because in my eyes, you are all equally worthless.

Seriously though;
Owning a dog, or believing in a deity, cause, whatever, does not give you the right to special treatment when such things are discussed.

P.S I LOVE babies and dogs :) not to eat of course!
Gawd... babies.. I hate those screaming crap-machines.
Almost as much as I hate uncooked dogs. It's an abomination against nature.

We don't care if you love babies and dogs, even if you love 'e caps lock style.

DeletedUser

Sense of humour failure on this thread. JR is only trying to annoy - of course he wouldn't REALLY eat a dog. Get real.

How about joining in the fun and posting some recipes on how we would like JR served. I think I'd just slice an iddy bit off him each evening and grill it and serve on rye bread with mayo. Eventually I guess he would die from blood loss or infected wounds, so then I would gut his carcass (my dog would get the entrails, natch) and maybe try smoke drying him into strips of biltong.

Whoa, I just dribbled onto my keyboard. :)

DeletedUser

Why should I treat a dog-owner any differently than a religious person?
THat's right, I shouldn't, and I don't.
I treat everyone the same.

Well you made that clear quite early on. And you most certainly don't treat everyone the same. You have some hate issues. Did your encounter with a religious person with a dog ended up badly?

DeletedUser

Sense of humour failure on this thread. JR is only trying to annoy - of course he wouldn't REALLY eat a dog. Get real.
Like the hells I am.
I would eat a dog.
I wouldn't steal, kill, and eat your dog though.
That'd be theft.

Too bad they neither sell nor serve dog in my country.
I'd love to try it and if I ever find myself in a place where they have a tradition for eating dog, I'll gladly sample a dish or two.

How about joining in the fun and posting some recipes on how we would like JR served. I think I'd just slice an iddy bit off him each evening and grill it and serve on rye bread with mayo. Eventually I guess he would die from blood loss or infected wounds, so then I would gut his carcass (my dog would get the entrails, natch) and maybe try smoke drying him into strips of biltong.

Whoa, I just dribbled onto my keyboard. :)
Lol, you make me sound like quite the treat. Yum yum.
I'd ask you to refrain from going off topic though.

Well you made that clear quite early on. And you most certainly don't treat everyone the same. You have some hate issues. Did your encounter with a religious person with a dog ended up badly?
Lol. Sorry eliel, but now you are acting pathetic.

I have yet to see a single argument on why dogs shouldn't be eaten that carries any weight.

DeletedUser

Seriously though;
Owning a dog, or believing in a deity, cause, whatever, does not give you the right to special treatment when such things are discussed.

But is this a discussion or just a display of your own arrogance and disregard for other peoples opinions and feelings? Why did you even create this thread? You obviously don't care about other peoples opinions, only you own narrow-minded views.

DeletedUser

I'd love to try it and if I ever find myself in a place where they have a tradition for eating dog, I'll gladly sample a dish or two.

I'd rather you find yourself in a place where they eat people named john rose. Ahh we can dream.

Double post - I'm using my phone and can't merge, please do so if you wish mods.

DeletedUser

But is this a discussion or just a display of your own arrogance and disregard for other peoples opinions and feelings? Why did you even create this thread? You obviously don't care about other peoples opinions, only you own narrow-minded views.

Boo-friggin-hoo!

Did I hurt your feelings?

I repeat:
I have yet to see a single logical argument why dogs should not be eaten.

DeletedUser

You choose not to see a logical argument why dogs shouldn't be eaten.
Of course you may not care for your health, but some people do.

If you had actually backe up your claims with some sources I might not have ignored them.

Sources on the dangers of eating dogs.

Go!

DeletedUser

JR are you referirng to dog meat as something for breakfast, launch and dinner or like as some bizzare food that you get to try out in some wild night at a restaurant.(I am not including the extreme surviving situation).

DeletedUser

Well, a dog is non-human meat. I mostly consider it a cultural thing, but here's one theory I have.

There is only animal (to my knowledge) that was not forcefully domesticated by humans: the dog.

What later evolved into the domesticated dog were wolves. During ye olden days when the Flintstones were alive, dogs fed on the scraps of human's excess food. Since they ALREADY had food, the "cavemen" didn't need to eat the dogs also.

Due to this trust, dogs and humans grew closer, until dogs finally were "allowed" to enter the nomad's campsite and interact with the locals.

This was mutual beneficial, as the dogs would howl at approaching danger.

Over time, dogs were incorporated into hunting, fowling, and foraging truffles. Of course, the concept of the "pet" was born, and out of that the useless "companion" pets.

So why is this different from eating beef?

Well, here's how bovines were domesticated. I don't know about cattle, but bison were domesticated this way.

After the Agricultural Revolution, ranching was developed. Hunters would trick their prey into moving into a choke point like a canyon. This was previously done for a few easy kills, but they realized that they could block them off, and by feeding the animals and breeding them keep them alive as long as necessary and possible. This allowed them a convenient source of meat. As a result, ranching was born. Naturally, cattle, bison, and elephant grew friendly towards their caretakers and serial killers, and were domesticated. Not by their choice, though. Once bovine was domesticated, it became obvious to humanity that you could domesticate anything.

So, dogs were not only "domesticated" by chance, they also were "invented" by chance. Had humans not started breeding them, the thousands of breeds would not exist.

Of course, breeding has also been used to create new breeds of lots of other animals, but those animals were intentionally domesticated by humans.

DeletedUser

Dog meat is unsafe for many reasons, mostly due to the dog meat market being unsupervised and lacking inspections, but also due to diseases found in dogs that are dangerous to humans, such as [FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]anthrax, hepatitis, [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]vrucellosis, [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]leptospirosis, and internal parasites.*

But let's be fair. Eating pig, cow, and chicken is also not safe. But they are far safer than eating dog, primarily because of the decades in research and domestication that has converted these creatures into relatively safe livestock for the butcher house.

Now, as to the issue of eating humans, absolutely not. Cannibalism be damned, the real issue is the virtually 100% assurance of obtaining diseases and ailments from eating a human, precisely because we have few immunities to whatever ails another human being.

So, the real issue here is not whether dogs and/or humans are good eating, it's whether such livestock is properly inspected and monitored. At present, it is not. Maybe when they finally get around to making Soylent Green, we'll not only have an overabundance of "safe" meat, but a solution to the population explosion.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1] ---------------------[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]
On a side, what is far more important than any of this fun/sic little debate, is that eating of a dog, cat, whale or rat is like looking at the dinner plate without bothering to examine the condition of the kitchen or the butcher shop. The problem is not merely the likelihood of catching diseases (including
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1] E. Coli 107 virus and the salmonella virus), but the manner in which these creatures are being treated. While it's fun to think of an exotic dish, if you don't bother to pay attention to the criminal behavior associated with the maltreatment of these creatures, than you are practicing the very same criminal behavior. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]I mean, let's be honest here --- what is presently going on is these creatures mouths are wired shut and squeezed into wire-mesh cages, 10-20 dogs full. When they are butchered, the common practice is to skin them alive, leaving them to squirm and die in a pile of other skinned dogs.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]
* http://www.dogmeattrade.com/library_articles/deadly_dog_meat.html
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

JR are you referirng to dog meat as something for breakfast, launch and dinner or like as some bizzare food that you get to try out in some wild night at a restaurant.(I am not including the extreme surviving situation).
I was mostly thinking of it in terms of dinner, a curiosity at that.
If it turned out to be delicious, I'd cook some at home, I guess.

Dog meat is unsafe for many reasons, mostly due to the dog meat market being unsupervised and lacking inspections, but also due to diseases found in dogs that are dangerous to humans, such as [FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]anthrax, hepatitis, [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]vrucellosis, [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]leptospirosis, and internal parasites.*[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]
Thanks, finally a logical reason, although what you seem to be saying is that if we supervise and inspect the dog-meat industry, it'd become safe(r).

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial]But let's be fair. Eating pig, cow, and chicken is also not safe. But they are far safer than eating dog, primarily because of the decades in research and domestication that has converted these creatures into relatively safe livestock for the butcher house.[/FONT][/SIZE]
More research and domestication.
Got it.

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial]So, the real[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial] issue here is not whether dogs and/or humans are good eating, it's whether such livestock is properly inspected and monitored. [/FONT][/SIZE]
And there we have it boys and girls, there's nothing wrong with eatig dogs once we get these few things in place to make it safe.

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial]At present, it is not. Maybe when they finally get around to making Soylent Green, we'll not only have an overabundance of "safe" meat, but a solution to the population explosion.[/FONT][/SIZE]
Sounds like a delicious solution to the problem of overpopulation.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial]On a side, what is far more important than any of this fun/sic little debate, is that eating of a dog, cat, whale or rat is like looking at the dinner plate without bothering to examine the condition of the kitchen or the butcher shop. (...)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial][SIZE=-1], if you don't bother to pay attention to the criminal behavior associated with the maltreatment of these creatures, than you are practicing the very same criminal behavior.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Whilst this is a most excellent point, it is indeed on the side of the debate. The treatment of the livestock wasn't part of the discussion,
but it would make for an interresting topic of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.