Dogs are food too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think the chinese got it right.
Dogs are food too.

Discuss.
(Pic broken due to my lazyness and promptly removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Humans are food too( for cannibals).

Thats how much you statement makes sense.

DeletedUser13682

Now, due to my upbringing, I would rather eat a chicken than a dog. But, under the proper circumstances, I would eat dog, though not one of my dogs, or dogs that I know. Same thing with horse meat as well.

DeletedUser

Now, due to my upbringing, I would rather eat a chicken than a dog. But, under the proper circumstances, I would eat dog, though not one of my dogs, or dogs that I know. Same thing with horse meat as well.

I guess you would have a hard time eating your pet-pig as well, if you had one?

I'm pretty certain you'd eat your dog under the right circumstances though.
Love or no love.

DeletedUser

I've never eaten dog, but I probably would, given the opportunity, since I tend not to shy away from a culinary experience. By the way, I'll check, but I think dog-eating is more Korean than Chinese. Unlike johann, I would try horse regardless of whether or not I knew the horse. Come to think of it, I would eat almost any animal as long as it was safe to eat.

DeletedUser

I've never eaten dog, but I probably would, given the opportunity, since I tend not to shy away from a culinary experience. By the way, I'll check, but I think dog-eating is more Korean than Chinese.

I do believe you are right, but I know the chinese enjoy the occational hot dog as well. :razz:

DeletedUser

If your plane crashes high in the mountains and the only food there is are you fellow survivors, then for your own survival you will eat them. Kill or be killed.
You will probably eat a dog or any other pet in similar circumstances.

But other than that, I oppose this idea.

DeletedUser

Then what do you have to say about animal laws in relation to this?

DeletedUser

If your plane crashes high in the mountains and the only food there is are you fellow survivors, then for your own survival you will eat them. Kill or be killed.
You will probably eat a dog or any other pet in similar circumstances.

But other than that, I oppose this idea.
Are you done with comparing eating dogs to cannibalism now?

What makes eating a dog any different from eating a cow?

Edit:
Then what do you have to say about animal laws in relation to this?
If that was aimed at me I fail to see the relevance of your question.

Animals are food.
Plain and simple.

DeletedUser8950

I think the chinese got it right.
Dogs are food too.

Discuss.
(Pic broken due to my lazyness and promptly removed)
I agree wholeheartedly. People always whine about dogs getting eaten and stuff, but where's the chicken sympathy? :sad:
AN actual hot dog with tough dog meat is very tasty, I am fortunate enough to have eaten one.

DeletedUser13682

AN actual hot dog with tough dog meat is very tasty, I am fortunate enough to have eaten one.

Now I want an actual hot dog. No more pig intestines for me! Give me hot dogs with dogs or give me a cheeseburger!

I guess you would have a hard time eating your pet-pig as well, if you had one?

I'm pretty certain you'd eat your dog under the right circumstances though.
Love or no love.

And that depends on how my parents raised me, if I was raised on a farm. If they taught me from an early age about how they have to kill the pig, probably not. But if they didn't, then yes, I would be opposed to eating the pig, until I was old enough to find out for myself that you have to eat the pig.

And you're probably right, though I don't want to be in the right circumstances to eat my dogs. Now that I think about it for a few seconds, horse meat I would actually readily eat, if I saw it. Maybe even try it Mongolian style, ride a horse all day with raw meat strips under your saddle, than eat it at the end of the day. If you wrap it up, so no horse hairs get into it, it'd actually be pretty good, and the horse riding tenderizes the meat so much that its easier to digest.

DeletedUser

Anything that the digestive system can extract nutritional value from is food by definition. Emotion and taboo impose purely nominal restrictions.

If that John Rose lived on my street I would serve him on a bed of sauerkraut with a nice Chianti.

DeletedUser

Anything that the digestive system can extract nutritional value from is food by definition. Emotion and taboo impose purely nominal restrictions.

If that John Rose lived on my street I would serve him on a bed of sauerkraut with a nice Chianti.
What happened to the fava beans?

I have a feeling roadkill is on your menu. :unsure:
Depends, how fresh is the roadkill?
Did I do the roadkill myself?

If yes, then I might be tempted to eat a roadkill filet.

You know what else is on my menu?
Foie gras.

DeletedUser

Animals are food.
Plain and simple.

I just knew that someone was going to bring this up sooner or later. Humans are also animals, don't forget that.

Also I would like to know if you ever had a pet of any kind, John.

DeletedUser

Dog isn't a safe food source (well technically no food is, but let's not get into semantics) and is an active health threat (not merely unhealthy). It's as hazardous as drinking third world water & makes pig meat clean in comparison.

Honestly, anybody willing to eat dog meat deserves to die from catching something bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.