Dogs are food too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Dogs and religion in the same topic make a dangerous mix. Just wait until John gets his hands on it.

DeletedUser

Dogs are considered unclean in Islam.

I also don't think they are kosher.

Let's leave this one to the religious nuts.

DeletedUser

Dogs and religion in the same topic make a dangerous mix. Just wait until John gets his hands on it.

Lol, I give up on this thread JR and DN can put whatever they like in their mouths. The end.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Dogs are considered unclean in Islam.
Let's leave this one to the religious nuts.

Don't forget Christianity, there duck, lamb, beef...
No-one knows if dog is Kosher.

Apart from the spam the only argument against eating dog is the diseases, our other meat is diseased too, would the "zap 'em" technique work on dogs?

There's another argument, emotion people get emotional, but I don't care about those, really, polar opposite personalities, hate, hate, hate.

Last thing, it will be a very long time before we would be in a position to set this up as a working system (hundreds of years (fear the hydrogen bomb)), but snails are good.

I'm bored.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Dogs are a product of man and select breeding started originally from wolves. Different part of the world bred dogs for different reasons.

Hunting- 1st known use- kill, spotting, chase, smell, retrieve etc
Protection- home, business and family. Maybe the most important task.
Rescue- earthquakes, avalanche, fire, etc
Assisting- leading the blind, truffle sniffing, herding, etc
Transportation- dog sleds
Entertainment- races, shows, fetch/playing, fights(see Mick Vick)
Companionship- Children and the elderly especially. How else do you explain lap dogs :)
Police work- finding and detaining criminals. Its a class A felony to kill a police dog in the US.
Employment- groomers, vets, pet stores/suppliers, etc

Dogs have so many other uses as well. They are loyal and considered man best friend. What more must they do to stay off the menu?

There's a huge variety of food on this planet, some species need protected in civilized countries. Poor/hungry countries are the only exception, IMO. I think posters here throw around culture a little too much. Diet and culture may coexist on certain holidays but overall daily food consumption shouldn't be an issue. I quit eating yummy veal and it hasn't affected my culture or anything else.

DeletedUser

Dogs are a product of man and select breeding started originally from wolves. Different part of the world bred dogs for different reasons.

Companionship- Children and the elderly especially. How else do you explain lap dogs :)
Police work- finding and detaining criminals. Its a class A felony to kill a police dog in the US.

Dogs have so many other uses as well. They are loyal and considered man best friend. What more must they do to stay off the menu?

There's a huge variety of food on this planet, some species need protected in civilized countries. Poor/hungry countries are the only exception, IMO. I think posters here throw around culture a little too much. Diet and culture may coexist on certain holidays but overall daily food consumption shouldn't be an issue. I quit eating yummy veal and it hasn't affected my culture or anything else.

Glad that you summarized everything important. It would be really dumb to disrespect someone who has given us so much.

DeletedUser

We didn't breed a species for delicious eating?

Now exchange dogs in the above quote with horses.
We use horses for all kinds of tasks as mentioned above, but that does not mean they shouldn't be eaten.

Once they start partaking in society as our equals I shall no longer consider them food.

Summary of your post: irrelevant rambling.

Glad that you summarized everything important.

Yes, that post really gave this thread the needed perspective.
Or perhaps...it added nothing to the argument. Your "QFT" post there doesn't add much either, in fact it adds nothing.

It would be really dumb to disrespect someone who has given us so much.
Are we still talking about dogs, or did you suddenly start preaching about religion?

Yes, you argument makes that little sense, and is that irrelevant.
Well done!

Hellstromm might as well lock this down as there are no arguments against eating dog other than the risk of disease, which wouldn't matter if we industrialized the eating of dog in western countries.

There can be no other conclusion:
Dogs are food too.

DeletedUser

Well you could have made your conclusion before you started this thread then.

DeletedUser

Well you could have made your conclusion before you started this thread then.
Then there would have been no point to the thread.

Now it is abundantly clear that dogs ought to be eaten as well as all the other tasks they do for us.

DeletedUser

@John Rose : Tell the truth, you had your mind set in creating this thread. I don't know whether it's your truthful viewpoint, however it's the viewpoint you've dogmatically had throughout this thread.

DeletedUser

@John Rose : Tell the truth, you had your mind set in creating this thread. I don't know whether it's your truthful viewpoint, however it's the viewpoint you've dogmatically had throughout this thread.

Damn, you caught me. I am a liar. In fact I always lie. *smirk*

I had my mind set allright, about challenging a taboo,
about investigating if there were any rational arguments against eating dogs, etc. Hell, I even had my mind set about a few other things I wanted to point out during the discussion, and which I expected you guys to point out, but you didn't.

It's called arguing from a position. I argued from the position of the korean whom loved his bbq'ed dog with mustard, and the opposition failed to serve any logical arguments that illustrated how it was ethically wrong to eat dog-meat.

"It's just wrong" can hardly be considered an argument with any weight.

DeletedUser

It's called arguing from a position. I argued from the position of the korean whom loved his bbq'ed dog with mustard, and the opposition failed to serve any logical arguments that illustrated how it was ethically wrong to eat dog-meat.

Well I argued from the position of a dog owner who clearly considers your ideas completely unacceptable.

DeletedUser8950

How did everyone miss the fact that he was arguing from a point? I caught it straight away.
And eliel, arguing from a point is not an arguement as to why eating dogs are unacceptable.

DeletedUser

Well I argued from the position of a dog owner who clearly considers your ideas completely unacceptable.
No, really?
Next time try appealing to reason rather than emotion.

How did everyone miss the fact that he was arguing from a point? I caught it straight away.
I guess they missed it because there still is a real need for Captain Obvious in this world. I might yet don my cloak and wise proverbs in order to educate the masses! Those were the days, eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.