Dn5's video game of the week - "Fallout: New Vegas" (2010)

• Thread starter DeletedUser8950
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Tetris. That should cover it.
Although I must confess that I prefer minesweeper.

DeletedUser8950

A bit earlier for me to do another pick, but this one has been in the wings for a while, and Idk if I can be on to make the next pick on time anyway.

51rJymCo77L._AA300_.jpg

Genre: Several
Platform: Xbox 360 and PS3
Players: Online mode in game
Age ratings: Pegi: 18+ BBFC: 18
My rating: 18
Average review (metacritic): 95/100 (fifth highest acclaimed xbox 360 game of all time, only beaten by Mass effect 2, the orange box, Bioshock, and the overated GTA IV)
My review: 9.4/10

I'll leave the review open, as iirc, somebody else recommended this.

DeletedUser

Haven't bought that game yet, but I'm planning to do so real soon. :)

DeletedUser13682

I've played the game, and it's alright. The storylike is good, but there's no reason to do anything except main quests. There's no reason to get weapons, ammo, or bounties. The only reason you would do crime is if you wanted to do crime, it's pointless. And travelling around for an hour just to get to your quest is tedious enough. But if you die, you have to travel another hour to get to your destinataion. (I know that it's not an hour, but following the other guy and having to listen to him talk makes it seem like an hour.) The game is ok, but there are major flaws that make it only an ok game.

Rating 6/10

DeletedUser

Since its only for an Xbox which I dont have, I haven't been able to play it. Seen some of the trailers, seem epic. Just like GTA in the wild west. I do hope it will be available for PC in the near future, although I can imagine that the resources usage will be off the charts.

DeletedUser13682

Since its only for an Xbox which I dont have, I haven't been able to play it. Seen some of the trailers, seem epic. Just like GTA in the wild west. I do hope it will be available for PC in the near future, although I can imagine that the resources usage will be off the charts.

I played it on PS3, and they aren't planning on making it for PC.

DeletedUser

Its ill. I love it. It's fun. I like multiplayer. Simple as that 9.5 outta 10.

DeletedUser13682

You sure? What the heck are they thinking there in Rockstar? Its not like Im going to buy myself an Xbox anytime soon just to play that game.

Positive. Rockstar announced it. I was upset too, but I don't really play Rockstar games that much, so no huge disappointment for me. I always have Black Isle and Bethesda with me, so I'm good.

DeletedUser

I dont understand why this game has such high ratings. It was fun for a while but it wore off pretty quick. Plus the ending to the main story line game had a worst twist then lady in the water. Online co op seems pretty shallow as you cant really do to much. Gang hideouts thats about it. Online multiplayer is strange for me because it auto locks onto people and that takes alot of the fun out of it.

DeletedUser8950

Has anybody got any reccomendations I should take into account for my next pick?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Slightly, but not shocked. Any more suggestions?:razz:
What, you don't want it?

Ok then, how about som old-school adventure games:
Leisure suit Larry in the land of the lounge Lizards aka Larry 1
Space Quest 1
Kings Quest 1
Quest for Glory 1

All text-based adventure games pre-point & click era!

If you want another RPG suggestion I'd suggest Arcanum for being awesome.

RTS:
C&C 1 and/or Red Alert 1

FPS:
Duke Nukem
Half-life 1

Turn based strategy:
Cid Meier's Civilization 2

Amiga classic:
Cid Meier's: Pirates!

Or perhaps an indie game?
Braid

Nes:
Bubble Bobble

Snes:
Super Street Fighter 2

Seen anything you like yet? :p

DeletedUser8950

I was already thinking of doing Half-life 1 or 2, but most of those I haven't considered. Braid is v.good. Arcanum is good, but I'm staying away from RPG's atm.
Pong will be picked some time in the next few weeks though, legendary.

DeletedUser

I was already thinking of doing Half-life 1 or 2, but most of those I haven't considered. Braid is v.good. Arcanum is good, but I'm staying away from RPG's atm.
Pong will be picked some time in the next few weeks though, legendary.

Best RTS ever should be up for consideration:
Company of Heroes

No idea how I could forget that one.