Deny Everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Can I get some indication on what your age is? Because you seem very young, with your naive outlook on life. That or you have led a very secluded life. Or maybe you are just trying to make sense and give reason to some believe you picked up while rebelling against the system or rebelling against your parents that most likely tried to give you a religious upbringing.

For someone that whines about people "bashing religion", you sure seem willing to bash other people...

If JR were 5 years old, lived as a hermit or was in therapy sessions for anger management, he would still be right and you would still be wrong. And, he wouldn't be the one spouting logical fallacies as you are doing...

Try harder.

DeletedUser

Why Do Most People In This Forum Deny Everything That Isn't 100% Proven.

Y'all Don't Beleive In God, Aliens, Ghosts Etc.

Science denies there existance. You can't defy science

I Do Mind You Saying That Things Can't Be Real Unless You've Actually Seen Them.--- Once more, science. Its like saying atom bombs exist, witch is possible in the relm of science, to having a Gnome magicaly teleport into your house and eat your shoes. That is unscientific...

I'm Guessing That Most People Haven't Seen The Egyptian Pyramids.
Probably Quite A Few Haven't Even Seen An Elephant.
You Believe In These Things. Like I said, they can exist in the relm of science. Ive seen four leged creaturs, Ive seen buildings, I have studies enough science to know these things are possible

Why?
SCIENCE!
:p:p:p:p:p:pCoulden't help myself just had to do it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Comparing a sports fan who argues with people over his favorite team to a religious fanatic who will blow himself up because Allah told him too? As many others have said already, compare an apple to an apple.
This is why I refer to secluded lives.
Read and learn that sometimes people die in fights between supporters from different teams.

Even though in his book, he talks about how he hates Arabs, the same as Arabs hate him.
Can you actually quote these texts or do you just spew random ideas?

A good example is your now proven and fake, Shroud of Turin. And another perfect example is your magical disappearing Arc of Noah. Your religion has no evidence to support itself. This is where your religion fails, and where superior logic has conquered. Now stop trying to play this game with us, and leave.
Go sit in with Adelei in the corner.
Why do you feel threatened by any disagreement with your religion?
Your whole attempt at logic and reason falls away with this statement. There is no way to have any reasonable discussion with a person as you.

If you can show me any indication anywhere, on this forum or anywhere else, that I follow any form of religion I will continue to entertain your ramblings. Until you can do so, none of your arguments or statements hold any credibility.

I have defeated all your pawns, taken down your castles, destroyed your knights, captured your bishops and queen, and have you in a checkmate. Now accept your defeat and give up.
Baghdad Bob? Is that you?

DeletedUser

Horrible, HORRIBLE comparison.

I've been to the zoo. I saw an elephant there. I have a friend who went to Egypt during the summer. Brought me back some excellent pictures he took. People have already tried to compare elephants to god.

God has no evidence. All he has is a book that preaches about him. An elephant has a documentary, actual photos of it, not a painting, and can be seen by anyone who goes to their local zoo.

I grow weary of arguing with fools. If you do not accept the knowledge that is given to you, then stop arguing your point, trying to convert all of us and trying to win a battle. None of us here on this forum have to listen to anyone, besides the mods on obeying the rules.

I don't have to worship the Onion. I don't have to be a Christian. I don't have to listen to incompetent fools such as you, ir., and Fred. I will do as I wish, and I do not care what anyone thinks of me. I am my own man, not some puppet for a fictional creation started in the Middle East. Now if you wish to bring a more logical approach to this subject, I will be glad to listen, and give you my own opinion. If you wish to act like a child and try to convert the other side to obey every word you say, then you have no place to tell me anything. Now, I'm going to go read a few pages in Beowulf before my brain gets a bigger migraine from reading such idiotic replys to this thread.

DeletedUser

This is why I refer to secluded lives.

You refer to secluded lives because you have no point. You think Ad Hominems take the place of sound and reasoned argument.

DeletedUser

random insults
You certainly do live up to my expectations.

Extremism is a character trait of extremists. That sounds, duh logical, yet you do not seem to comprehend what it means. Extremists are extreme by their nature.
Oh really?!
Where does this trait come from?
Is it heritage? Or enviroment?
Yet again you act your role to perfection, let's move on.

Then they latch on to some cause to live out their extreme nature.
Ah yes, you keep speaking about the nature of the person.
How does this nature come to be I wonder?
Are we talking pre-determination of sorts, or just average random bullcrap from the interwebz?

Religion would be one of said causes. So is a love of nature, politics or even being a sports fan. Just about every facet of our world holds it's extremists. Some good, and some bad. Not all religious extremists are bad either.
I like it how you bring sports in as a comparison, as the devotion of the hardcore fan to his team is used as an example in studies of religion.

Do give some non-fictional examples of benevolent extremism.

Removing religion will not lessen the fanatics or the extremists. They will merely find another tool to live out their extremism.
Ah, yes. Extremism as an innate trait.
That's like saying certain people are born alcoholics, or criminals.
Breed before enviroment. Didn't we dismiss this kind of thing about a century ago?

Do not blame the tool if the craftsman is using it not as intended.
Since we are talking about religion, what indeed is the intended use of this tool? I'm sure you have an opinion on the matter.

Cult like organisations. Not vague as you try to make it out to be. But simply a term to cover my own ass as well as encompassing a group larger than those groups you would classically term a cult.
My bad indeed, that was certainly highly specific.

The term I should have used is high demand groups though.
Random weak insult to cover up one owns lack of communication skills.
Dumbing it down makes it imprecise, and "high demand groups" would have been alot better.

Covering my ass because you will get sued for calling any organisation a cult. And this is not even in the US where lawsuits are as common as buying burgers.
Yes, we will definitly sue the hell out of you for labeling an organzation a cult on this forum.

Having been involved in one of these groups, getting out of it and finding myself on the wrong side of just such a lawsuit, I can tell you that religion is but a small part in the scheme of things for these groups.
Having an epxerience with such a group does not make you an expert, merely biased.

So the answer is not as obvious as you may think. But naivity on the subject makes it more comfortable for you.
*chuckle*

As for wars, I never said you said so. I asked.
Why would we be better without it? Do you think that the absence of religion will reduce the number of extremists? Do you believe that the absence of religion will reduce the number of cult like organisations? Do you even believe that the absence of religion will reduce the frequency of wars? These would all be very naive.
Ah yes, the last sentece isn't there to underline these are all rhetorical questions seasoned with a mild insult.

But like you said, religion is a tool. But what you fail to mention is that it is one of many. Here again I need to add: do not blame the tool for the craftsman's work.
I said a tool, not the tool. Weren't you talking about reading comprehension earlier?

Yet again I ask; What is the purpose of the tool?
If you don't define that, then your repeated mention of the craftmans sloppy work with said tool is void.

Where you do get it wrong is when you claim that "Few things are capable of rallying the masses like the call of the divine and its spokesmen."
On the contrary, any ideal that groups people can have this effect, given the right spokeman. Tool vs craftsman. These ideals are not only or even mainly religion as you try to suggest, but it includes culture, race, sexual orientaion and even support for a specific sports team. All of these are used to rally the masses.
Yes, any cause can rally the masses, be it for equality of the sexes, or a political ideal. These however do not use divine right as a justification for their cause or actions.

I never suggested religion was the only idea capable of rallying the masses. Re-read the sentence and you might get what I actually said.

Tool vs craftsman.

But please, go on. Let me hear more on how you blame one specific tool for what some craftsmen do with that.

Oh please, Every tool has a purpose.
Either define the purpose of the tool or shut up about it.

DeletedUser

spewing bull
I can clearly see that you have zero intention of debating any point, but like the other two clueless people that keep on replying to me, just keep on spewing random things instead of addressing any of the points touched.

That said I will not longer entertain your replies. You clearly have no intention of debating the issue, but instead you are debating the person. Feel free to consider this your little victory over me in this discussion. And remember kids, keep on hitting that reputation button.

You have a nice day now.

DeletedUser8950

I can clearly see that you have zero intention of debating any point, but like the other two clueless people that keep on replying to me, just keep on spewing random things instead of addressing any of the points touched.

That said I will not longer entertain your replies. You clearly have no intention of debating the issue, but instead you are debating the person. Feel free to consider this your little victory over me in this discussion. And remember kids, keep on hitting that reputation button.

You have a nice day now.
Really? To me, it just sounds like you've lost and you know it...
I hate it when people make random debates, can't respond to a point, then go "haha noobs i no waste time on you no more." It's the weakest thing you can do. Instead of making you look like some uber-smart person who has better things to do, it makes you look like a coward and an idiot, scared to face the consequences of being wrong, or unable to admit being wrong.
Also, another thing I hate-pointless posts that are a page long and are worded "extravogantly", when you make about two relevant points for every 10paragrahps or whatever. What is the point?

DeletedUser

I hate it when people make random debates, can't respond to a point, then go "haha noobs i no waste time on you no more." It's the weakest thing you can do.
Could you then do us all a favour and take any of my posts, the replies to that post and the replies I gave to those replies and explain to us which of those parts of all those posts is responding to points and which is not.

Because making wild claims and accusations without the ability to back them up is weak.

So please. Entertain us.

DeletedUser

You have a nice day now.
Nice attempt at getting the last word there kid.

If you belive a repeated array of insults constitute points then you are sadly mistaken.

You completely fail to answer any of the questions raised, and in effect run away like a dog with his tail between his legs.

DeletedUser

You completely fail to answer any of the questions raised, and in effect run away like a dog with his tail between his legs.

Point me to those questions you feel I have not answered/addressed.

DeletedUser

Really? To me, it just sounds like you've lost and you know it...
I hate it when people make random debates, can't respond to a point, then go "haha noobs i no waste time on you no more." It's the weakest thing you can do. Instead of making you look like some uber-smart person who has better things to do, it makes you look like a coward and an idiot, scared to face the consequences of being wrong, or unable to admit being wrong.

You completely nailed it.

And now, everyone has seen this one-trick-pony's trick....

DeletedUser

Point me to those questions you feel I have not answered/addressed.
Should I repeat this? Or are you just going to keep on making absurd statements without backing it up?

Pot / kettle business this.

DeletedUser8950

Could you then do us all a favour and take any of my posts, the replies to that post and the replies I gave to those replies and explain to us which of those parts of all those posts is responding to points and which is not.

Because making wild claims and accusations without the ability to back them up is weak.

So please. Entertain us.
No, because:
I can clearly see that you have zero intention of debating any point, but just keep on spewing random things instead of addressing any of the points I touched.

DeletedUser

Seeing as nobody in this thread is actually debating or discussing anything, and it has devolved into nothing but trolling and flaming, thread locked.

Next time, play nice.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.