Feedback Day of the Dead 2023

NovaStar

I'm from the UK so we pretty much say it all - and in public.

Finding out how different communities deal with profanity and especially when it's enforced is a learning curve... :lol:
Clearly :D I never would've guessed that one, though... (and why didn't my German friends in this game tell me about that one, anyway? :D )

martoru

All you need to know is that it's the Team that made the decision, and the judgement on the word "crap" is that while it may be selectively acceptable at home, it's considered mild profanity in public. And this is public.
i admire how you sustain eachother so probably all team should check meaning of stuff & profanity by dictionary not by their wishes

also fredom of opinion and of speech (as long no one was insulted) are not really a joke.. act thinking at this before censoureded posts

Last edited by a moderator:

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
i admire how you sustain eachother so probably all team should check meaning of stuff & profanity by dictionary not by their wishes

also fredom of opinion and of speech (as long no one was insulted) are not really a joke.. act thinking at this before censoureded posts
I don't care if it's the Oxford Dictionary's interpretation or common sense, but crap is just as bad as **** and both words can easily be replaced with something that's not as bad.In the post it's only the single word that's replaced there - it doesn't cost anything to speak properly and nicely.

Alduin

I don't care if it's the Oxford Dictionary's interpretation or common sense, but crap is just as bad as **** and both words can easily be replaced with something that's not as bad.In the post it's only the single word that's replaced there - it doesn't cost anything to speak properly and nicely.

If its that bad why use it now :D ? First one was quote, fine. I can understand from this: as long as we just "quote" we are free to use anything we want

Nortt

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=overmod

Good thing I have some left overs. For some reason other markets are much lenient, but at .net you guys using censorship for no freaking reason.

And btw, crap isn't a bad word. Just type it into the search bar and see how many times we used that word at the past 7 years.

Poker Alice

The day of the dead seems a little repulsive to me yet if I think of dress up for celebration and consider that historically in some places it known as a time to remember and honour those that came before us. Words can be expressive of something other than what we may be thinking. However I suppose a word can either sound off an emotion or stink up the place?

Does anyone think if people posting on the forum were a little more considerate with their team here then they might have a little more tolerance to someone's indiscretion?

NovaStar

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=overmod

Good thing I have some left overs. For some reason other markets are much lenient, but at .net you guys using censorship for no freaking reason.

And btw, crap isn't a bad word. Just type it into the search bar and see how many times we used that word at the past 7 years.
There are actually MANY words I've seen used here and ingame that I feel are wayyy more "profane" than this one and nothing is reported on those... (of course, we do know it depends on who is saying it and who decides to report in most cases)

BTW...I did just do a search on it in this forum and oh myyyy... 10 pages and all the way back to 2016 and not a problem or edit by mod?. It's used to mean "stuff" most the time, but now all of a sudden it's profane?

#SensitiveMuch?

Alduin

The day of the dead seems a little repulsive to me yet if I think of dress up for celebration and consider that historically in some places it known as a time to remember and honour those that came before us. Words can be expressive of something other than what we may be thinking. However I suppose a word can either sound off an emotion or stink up the place?

Does anyone think if people posting on the forum were a little more considerate with their team here then they might have a little more tolerance to someone's indiscretion?

Just a nugget grab event lol

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
Just don’t try picking different cards. From my experience picking the same card has the same results as picking randomly.
I also had better results picking a single card always.

Criminus

Beefmeister

Just don’t try picking different cards. From my experience picking the same card has the same results as picking randomly.
I also had better results picking a single card always.

Criminus
well...yeah, cuz there's no hidden card. it's all just a matter of chance if you get the reaper or not. i'm skeptical if it's 33% though, even if stats on tw-calc say so