Creation vs Evolution Deathmatch

DeletedUser

Let's first clarify a few things:

• There are no such things as "darwinists"
  • There are no such things as "evolutionists"
  • Man did not evolve from Ape
  • Evolution is not a belief system, it is both theory and fact
  • Adolf Hitler was Christian
  • Ghandi was Hindu (not Christian - the Bible states that anything else, any other religion, is false)

Toko, you made a claim that all mass murderers were athiests. This is patently false. As has already been presented, many were Christian (of one denomination or another). If you spent a bit of time researching, you will find the vast majority of persons in U.S. prisons are Christian (far higher than demographics would explain), with a surprisingly high number incarcerated for violent crimes (murder, rape, etc). So, really, you just don't have a clue.

Although there are some heated responses being presented here, I can see where they are coming from. Toko and the other poster has demonstrated a gross lack of understanding on these topics, and a righteous stance that is birthed from fragile egos. Toko, you are not 'better' than anyone else, just because you blindly believe in God. You are not better than anyone else, just because you fail to study biology, geology, anthropology, or any of the other scientifically-based studies.

Look, first off the Bible is not 2000 years old. Second, it is comprised of "parts" of other writings. Third, the old testament is actually from Judiasm, which obtained its stories from even earlier religions (modified to suit the context of their religious beliefs). That you do not know this demonstrates your lack of knowledge in theology (yes, another one of those ologies... omg!), and thus a lack of knowledge in even your own religion.

You see, instead of making any admissions of error or ignorance, everytime someone corrects you on something, your tactics have been to "point somewhere else." Is that a demonstration of maturity? No, it's a demonstration of stubborn ignorance.

Ignorance is not bliss, it is ignorance. You cannot claim to have a firm grasp of the issues, if you have nothing tangible to grasp. I am more than willing, as I have done in the past, to discuss issues with you or anyone else, but at least have the honesty to admit when you simply don't know what you're talking about.

DeletedUser

I don't think there will ever be a "winner" between creationism and evolution since they aren't even theories/beliefs about the same thing. It's like arguing about whether a birthday cake was made by baking batter or decorated with icing and candles.

DeletedUser

I just want the proponents of "Creation Science"/Intelligent design to stop trying to force religion on other peoples children in the public school system. Evolution is valid science. Creationism is magic. Stop trying to make my hypothetical children believe in your invisible sky god by dressing up your myths as "science".

DeletedUser

Sorry Art, that's not a good analogy.

And there is actually a winner on the front of sciences validating evoluton, as opposed to "creation science," which is not science at all. You see, creationism loses when it tries to pose as something it clearly is not.

DeletedUser

Ok, creationists say that Keebler cookies are made by elves, and evolutionists say they're sold in grocery stores?

DeletedUser

I don't think there will ever be a "winner" between creationism and evolution since they aren't even theories/beliefs about the same thing. It's like arguing about whether a birthday cake was made by baking batter or decorated with icing and candles.
The supreme court would say otherwise - there's already a winner.

I think you're mildly misinterpreting the exchange. Evolution says nothing about religion whatsoever. Religion, however, contradicts evolution. So it's not both sides trying to contradict each other, it's evolution proving religion wrong, and religion flipping out hardcore.

DeletedUser

Evolution doesn't prove religion wrong. Evolution has nothing to say about religion. It is possible to be religious and accept Evolution (as I mentioned before MOST scientists claim some religious affiliation. What does get shattered by Evolution is any possibility of a literal interpretation of scripture that's it. Evolution neither proves nor disproves God because that is not what it is about.

DeletedUser

Evolution doesn't even participate in the debate, evidence does. Evidence throws a big wrench into the literal interpretation of some of the writings in the Bible. It is this evidence that fundamentalists are trying desperately to discredit, and they're succeeding on some fronts. Basically, people who don't know any better are falling, hook line and sinker, into the fallacious arguments posed by fundamentalists. But, when it comes to the educated and Constitutionally-bound, fundamentalists fail miserably.

Evidence is indisputable, and that's where fundamentalists repeatedly fall flat on their face. Evidence is, after all, self-evident. Now, where they "could" present reasonable argument is what that evidence suggests. But, for the most part, they don't know how the evidence can suggest their erroneous notions, especially since their notions are to hold onto the literal interpretation of the Bible.

DeletedUser

and Art, that's a better analogy, except there's no such thing as an evolutionist. The important part to all these discussions is to not adopt the strawmen presented.