Creation vs Evolution Deathmatch

DeletedUser

Evolution is a scientific theory. A true scientist does not "believe" things like some religious people do, we are always ready to accept that our ideas could be erroneous, if and when a simpler or more elegant argument can be found to explain observed reality. That is how science advances, new ideas which better explain how things work are accepted, rather than denied. Nobody has come even remotely close to disproving evolution, or to finding a better explanation for the range of species in existance.

That's a lot of typing, but you didn't answer my question. Do you believe in evolution? A yes or no will do.

DeletedUser

You can't believe in scientific facts. Either you know them or you don't. You don't need faith to accept them as truth, but a brain.

DeletedUser

Stop. Feeding. The. Troll. Dude.

Come'on. He doesn't really care one way or another what you think, or believe. Hell, it's probably an atheist posing as a fundamentalist christian just to piss us all off and you're letting him attain that goal.

Please, please, please just ignore the guy so he goes away.

DeletedUser

You can't believe in scientific facts. Either you know them or you don't. You don't need faith to accept them as truth, but a brain.

But wait, weren't you guys telling me that evolution is a theory? so now it's suddenly a scientific fact? which one is it?

And "either you know them or you don't" sounds like an awfully narrow minded way to find out things.

DeletedUser

OKAY.

Nobody respond to this post ^

It's not necessary!

Ignore it! Start now!

DeletedUser

sorry Divest I have to

Toko you obviously did not read the definition of what a SCIENTIFIC THEORY is (link provided in earlier post) Refusing to acknowledge the proper usage of a term marks you as ignorant
if you persist in willful ignorance I will have to resort to other methods of responding to the fact that your cranium is firmly lodged in your colon to the extent that you have a vista from your trachea

(in case the scientific terms confused you your head is shoved so far up your @$$ you can look out your own throat)

DeletedUser

Ok since you guys insist on being jerks heres an evolution question. If we evolved from apes why are there still apes?

because Man (homo sapien) IS AN APE. I provided the starting link to probably the most comprehensive overview of the misconceptions of the ID/creationist argument (there are 15 points reviewed) and yet you refuse to watch them or even listen

DeletedUser

Sorry Divest and others. I don't think these guys are trolls. I know there are too many people who are genuinely ignorant about what evolution is and buy into all of those creationist arguments.

DeletedUser

sorry Divest I have to

Toko you obviously did not read the definition of what a SCIENTIFIC THEORY is (link provided in earlier post) Refusing to acknowledge the proper usage of a term marks you as ignorant
if you persist in willful ignorance I will have to resort to other methods of responding to the fact that your cranium is firmly lodged in your colon to the extent that you have a vista from your trachea

(in case the scientific terms confused you your head is shoved so far up your @$$ you can look out your own throat)

Let me simplify it for you.

When someone asks you, "do you believe in evolution"?, do you simply reply, "yes", or do you go on a 10 minute rant about how "true" sceintists don't believe anything, but rather know it!

My guess is that you simply say yes, which really makes evolution just another religion, because you "believe" in it just like I do in my religion!

DeletedUser

Please at least make some effort to read and comprehend another persons arguments before you open your mouth and demonstrate your closed minded ignorance again.

DeletedUser

Please at least make some effort to read and comprehend another persons arguments before you open your mouth and demonstrate your closed minded ignorance again.

This thread is not about me, please stay on topic.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I know and have read most of the two theories you guys are talking about and i don't claim to know everything about them. I will ask you the same question you asked me do you know what causes evolution? What i've read shows that scientist can't figure it out. How about intelligent design also know as GOD.

Yes I do, and I did and I checked Google, it's got links that fully explain it on the first search page.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ok since you guys insist on being jerks heres an evolution question. If we evolved from apes why are there still apes?

First, as previously mentioned, we didn't evolve from apes. Apes and humans have a common ancestor.

Second, I think this question shows a basic lack of understanding of what the theory of evolution says. Evolution uses as its driving force the idea of the survival of the fittest. Now, if apes are well adapted to the environment in which they inhabit, there isn't need for them to evolve and change to fit their environment. If the common ancestor to apes went into a different environment, one in which they would need to evolve to better suit their environment, you get two different species with different traits dependent on what their environment requires.

Now, that is a very simplified response (and I am no expert on evolutionary theory), but knowing even a cursory amount of evolutionary theory, you are easily able to explain why there are still apes...

DeletedUser

Let me simplify it for you.

When someone asks you, "do you believe in evolution"?, do you simply reply, "yes", or do you go on a 10 minute rant about how "true" sceintists don't believe anything, but rather know it!

My guess is that you simply say yes, which really makes evolution just another religion, because you "believe" in it just like I do in my religion!

I say, "I believe that evolution is a valid scientific theory and is the best explanation that we have so far."

But, I have to say, I have a much different definition for "religion" than you. Simply believing in something based on faith (which I don't, in the case of evolution, by the way) does not make something a "religion".

Also, I think you completely disregard the differing amounts of faith required to believe that "the sun will rise in the morning" vs. the amount to believe that there is an all-knowing, all-powerful, morally perfect sky "God" thingie that created everything and gives a crap about it's creation, etc, etc, etc...

DeletedUser

258Troll_spray.jpg

huh, i just google imaged "troll" and found some entertaining images...

DeletedUser

This thread is not about me, please stay on topic.
you made it about personal beliefs with your misguided definition of both SCIENTIFIC THEORY and what makes a religion.

I believe the sky is blue that does not make blue skyism a religion.

re⋅li⋅gion   [ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow.

for the purpose of this thread we are mostly concerned with definition one and two.
1) Evolution has no theory on the creation of the universe nor it's "purpose" It has no supernatural being has not have devotional or ritual observances and does not concern itself with morality therefore it fails the test for definition 1

2)Evolution is a collected group of facts that have been agreed upon/tested by the scientific community and contains no practices (see rituals/rites) therefore it fails the test to be a religion under definition 2

crawl back under your bridge or engage in a serious discussion you can't do both

DeletedUser

If we evolved from apes why are there still apes?

But wait, weren't you guys telling me that evolution is a theory? so now it's suddenly a scientific fact?

Both of you show a severe lack of understanding the very basic terms needed for this discussion. Both of you should visit schools or read books to gain some knowledge, which is needed to understand and participate here.

The bible states facts

An atheist has no moral compass, no intrinsic values, while the bible provides us perfect guide lines!

some of these perfect guidelines:

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

"Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

"Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children." (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

"When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder." (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

[...]

Murder for trivia, murder of innocents, slavery, rape, plundering and pillage. These are indeed perfect guidelines for everyone of us. I hope one day all of us will follow them. Then we'll have the perfect world.

Also, why would I want to read something like Mein Kampf? surely only someone with no morals would be willing to even venture near such a book!

No wonder you consider a book full of racism and prejudice to be amazing.

You're right that "Mein Kampf" is full of racism and prejudice, but so is the bible. It's an evil book filled with amoral atrocities and cruelties and I will certainly not venture near such a book. Everyone taking the bible literally and even spreading this attitude is a danger for any society and culture that we built up the past centuries.

Poor Darwinists. In their souls, they know it's true. We are all children of God. However, for some reason or another, they hate him. They want justification for their selfish, miserable life to continue. I will pray for them though. Even heathens deserve another chance!

Poor believers. Deep inside them, they know that there is nothing out there, but they fill this vast gap of nothingness with immortal, omnipotent beings to explain every single gap of knowledge. Despite the advance of science explaining that rain&thunder don't come from gods, that the earth is no disc and that it's not the sun and the stars that move in circles around our planet, that there is evolution, they still cling to divine beings.
I hope that they realize, that their minds were brainwashed, before the moment of death, because then it will be too late to understand and accept the meaningless void and chaos we live in.

DeletedUser

Accepting Evolutionary theory as valid does not preclude being a religious person. Most scientists in fact claim to belong to some religious faith. The do not, however, insist on a literal interpretation of their particular scripture. (see the links to the videos provided earlier)