Creating "God" in one's own image

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ir, if your doctor tells you to ABSTAIN from alcohol, does that mean you just stop drinking it, but you can inject it in your veins? NO! use your brain for something besides a hat-rack.

Irrelevant horse crap.
Red herrings, avoidance, and piles of feces heavily seasoned with circular reasoning is what makes up the bulk of your so-called arguments.

DeletedUser

how can you call that horse crap? thinking we all came from soup is horse crap

and what I said WAS NOT! circular reasoning, that was what we here in the real world call, an illustration. but you just don't like that you are continueally made like a fool

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Im relaxed, just slighty irritated when it is insinuated that im ignorant for believing in the Bible.
Both yes and no, but mostly yes.

There is an old saying about opinions,

"Opions are like buttholes, everybody has them, and they all stink!"
Some stink more than others.

But to think you are able to interpret a scripture that you don't even believe, is very wrong,
Belief in the events and facts presented in a text makes no difference to being able to understand and interpret said text.
A believer may, if anything, be less critical to the content, and more prone to interpret it to suit his needs.

i thank you Dubb for the advice, but abstaining from blood doesn't mean to just not eat or drink it. It means to completely never take it into your bodies.
Doesn't make sense when one examines the context of the verse.

And i also thank you guys for not posting your personal opinions about my religion. Even though all of you have insulted me beliefs

Your beliefs are not untouchable in any way, and I couldn't care less if you feel they have been insulted.

DeletedUser

Blondie that verse talks about animals not killed in the proper way, it was only a reminder for those men to make sure the food they ate were fine to eat.

When you go into a new land in those days customs are different. Just like today , Religions varied back then. You can't put your own subject in that verse.

Also , I do know about the blood intake that you are speaking. That is in the health laws , scavenger animals is the subject. Not ones that we are meant to eat.
They are killed in the proper way so that they are fully bled. I am quite sure they knew how to prepare their meat back then.

For the record , I never insulted you or your religious study habits. I know you are responsible for your time here not me.
However , if I was looking for a place to study or to get help with the Bible. With the way you react here , I would not visit your church for advice. You are possibly doing God a dis-service by being argumentative and impatient. If people think your crazy (street preacher) , do you think they will want to listen to your advice about God?
Pushing people away from even a conversation about God and the Bible is not a good thing for you or Him.

DeletedUser

Since I seem to be repeating myself endlessly here, I'll shorten my style of reply.

how can you call that horse crap? thinking we all came from soup is horse crap
Ignorance.

and what I said WAS NOT! circular reasoning, that was what we here in the real world call, an illustration. but you just don't like that you are continueally made like a fool
Denial.

DeletedUser

no, you do not understand the verse because you don't believe what's behind it, therefore you have no right nor any authority to say anything about until one day you are proven wrong. and you can't even understand what abstain means, so all hope is lost with you.

DeletedUser

no, you do not understand the verse because you don't believe what's behind it, therefore you have no right nor any authority to say anything about until one day you are proven wrong. and you can't even understand what abstain means, so all hope is lost with you.

*sigh* Belief in a faith is not necessary for a study of a faith,
nor is it a necessity for understanding of a faith.

DeletedUser

Dubb, even you are wrong in this instance, if you examine other scriptures, they also say that you should refrain from blood and taking it into your bodies, the situation behind that was the early Christian congregations there were having trouble giving up the Jewish law, some were overly critical and thought that they should keep following every aspect of the law, while others were uncircumcised and were doing all that they needed to.

So paul, in order to settle the matter, told them the main things of the Jewish law that they were to keep, ABSTAINING from blood in all forms was one of them.

DeletedUser

Im relaxed, just slighty irritated when it is insinuated that im ignorant for believing in the Bible.
Your indoctrinated and wrong interpretation of your bible.

But to think you are able to interpret a scripture that you don't even believe, is very wrong,
So you have to believe it to be able to interpret it? You are starting to sound more silly than the jehovah's witness gospel you are trying to force down on everyone.

but the Bible clearly says to Abstain from blood, in all ways.
Always the little extra that is added just to change the interpretation a little. Just a little, but enough to indoctrinate the weak of mind.

Red herrings, avoidance, and piles of feces heavily seasoned with circular reasoning is what makes up the bulk of your so-called arguments.
The bread and butter of every jehovah's witness.

DeletedUser

And there you have it, prejudice and lack of understanding brings it down to insulting my religion, the only time i might have offended you was after the insult of me, but then you go and say something like that, truly unbelievable and cowardly i say.

and you say i slightly alter scriptures to change its interpretation, when you guys have been doing that to me since the start of this discussion, if it call even be called a discussion anymore.

And i haven't tried to force anything down you guys, i know you probably are never going to change, i would try and share a point or scripture, then a question/contradiction would be raised and i would try to defend, you have simply mistaken what the point of this started as. And in truth YOU guys have turned it into this. you guys could let this go at any point, but you continue to argue and insult me, how can i ignore something like that?

DeletedUser

Dubb, even you are wrong in this instance, if you examine other scriptures, they also say that you should refrain from blood and taking it into your bodies, the situation behind that was the early Christian congregations there were having trouble giving up the Jewish law, some were overly critical and thought that they should keep following every aspect of the law, while others were uncircumcised and were doing all that they needed to.

So paul, in order to settle the matter, told them the main things of the Jewish law that they were to keep, ABSTAINING from blood in all forms was one of them.

Are you really so intent on having the last word ?

We are saying the exact same thing , I am telling you what the origin and the meaning of the letter that was written to these travelers.
So therefore you saying I am wrong are telling yourself you are wrong.

I know for a fact I am right. I study from the manuscripts , not some New World Revised Bible that gives you no clue how it arrived at its version's translation.

DeletedUser

And i haven't tried to force anything down you guys

I would like to come back to an earlier point, and the idea of indoctrination.

Let me get this straight.

If I do not believe your bible, I am unable to interpret it.
To be able to interpret it, I need to believe it.
But once I believe it, there is none of my own interpretation left, because I believe it like it was told to me.

So it is just blind indoctrinated believe in what other PEOPLE claim it to be. And there is no room for any interpretation.

DeletedUser

no that was not what i meant, what i was saying is, even if you interpreted it right, you still wouldn't believe it, and therefore it has no use to you.

and dubbs, if you still thing that blood tranfusions are right, then you are incorrect my friend.

and you atheists, are indoctrined in science, you have blind faith in it, just like you say i have blind faith in the Bible and God.

And The New World Translation has been proven as the most accurate English rendetion of the hebrew and greek scriptures.

DeletedUser

And i will no longer post here either on this subject unless a plausible question is asked.

DeletedUser

no that was not what i meant, what i was saying is, even if you interpreted it right, you still wouldn't believe it, and therefore it has no use to you.
No, that's not what you said at all.
There you go changing the wording again, and yet again you are wrong.
We would understand, and such knowledge would not be worthless.

and you atheists, are indoctrined in science, you have blind faith in it, just like you say i have blind faith in the Bible and God.
If the asking of critical questions, examining evidence, and making your own decisions is based upon indoctrination, then I'm happy to have had it.

And The New World Translation has been proven as the most accurate English rendetion of the hebrew and greek scriptures.
Source to back up claim.

DeletedUser

This is so frustrating - an advocate of faith without the ability to back up their arguments/statements. Personally, I have no issues with faith but then I don't spout my beliefs (or lack of if that is the case) to others. I wouldn't be so arrogant to do so. However, if you make statements and portray them as fact then you should expect critical analysis of said statements. If you are a real person (and not a forum stooge) then you would do well to come back when you can argue on firm ground. Any argument around faith is flawed by the whole nature of faith. Logic cannot sit with faith but that doesn't mean that faith can be proved wrong. Agree to disagree and move on to debate the more important things in life like greatest rock band in the world. :cool:

PS. I don't think you are a real person. I think you are someone else on this forum with a multi-account. You can use the randomised IP thing if you like but I don't believe you exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.