Creating "God" in one's own image

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

well spoken, you are very right, im glad you put it in such a way.

And actually they would make a "city of refuge" this is where an accidental murderer could live and reside and not be killed by the victim's family.

and in my opinion, i really liked the way things worked inancient times, if you killed somebody on purpose, you were killed. That is true justice in my opinion.

DeletedUser

I am thinking you are mis speaking of "accidental murderer" , There is no such thing as you can refer to my previous post. To lie in wait means have the intent to kill.

DeletedUser

okay, let me paint you a picture,

you're driving down an icy road, your friend is in the passenger seat, you're driving very cautiously and carefully, but your car hits black ice and the car goes off the road and hits a tree, your friend dies, you were the one driving.

wouldn't you agree you were an "accidental murder"?

DeletedUser

okay then, that was what what the City of Refuge was for, those who caused an accidental death.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And to louis, Im one of Jehovah's Witnesses. and you have pprobably heard more untrue things about us than truth, so please ask me if the info you have is right before you make a staement about it.

Nice to hear that. And actually, I've never heard of Jehovah's Witnesses. :razz:

And how could you ask a question about whether killing a man is wrong? that is unbelieveable. If the Bible says to kill a man is punishable by death, and that you can kill animals, shouldn't that answer your question? And if man was created as an intelligent, sentiant form of life, to end it would be evil.
Slow down... and listen to me. You (again) brings Bible here to say that it is wrong and to explain that killing animals is right. And that's why I said you believe in your opinion/religion too much and didn't answer to the point. I ask you why killing humans is wrong, because I want to know how and why can it be classified as bad deed, who decide that it is wrong? Bible might have credibility for telling history truthfully to certain level, but telling you to "do this/do that" sounds to me like a dictator and it doesn't have credit for that (I mean telling people what to do). Because we don't know who had written Bible, right? Please let me continue to explain before your temper get heated up and you go mad at me.

Firstly, humans might have been created as intelligent, sentient form. But, in my opinion, they're intelligent only if you compare them to other animals. Who knows that there might be lives out there in another planet, and who knows how intelligent and developed they have reached? If you can't answer this question, say you can't, don't avoid please.

Secondly, humans might be intelligent and sentient as you said, then why they still think about, and actually go killing/murder other creatures of their own kind? And have those sinned men been punished? A very recent example, I didn't see any problem with Iraq, why the Americans all of a sudden framed Iraq for causing the 11th September event, then invaded, killed people and caused war in Iraq? Remember, this is only an example.

Another angle to look at the issue, humans might be using Bible as a form of authority to normalize their activities of killing animals, why prevent others - who have similar level of intelligence with them - to kill them. Because, in my humble opinion, humans actually are the weakest member, compared to other creatures. (I think you could figure out the reason on your own)

My own studies of the 20th chapter of Exodus (where the commandments are listed) does not state as just "killing" , the Hebrew word in the manuscripts from which the King James version was translated means "to lie in wait" which means commit criminal Homicide. This is what is punishable by death of the flesh from God.

In Christianity he is The Father and the murderer is murdering His child before their "natural" time is to be complete. The murderer is to be put to death before their own "natural" time is complete.

The Bible also speaks of accidents and crimes of passion. The person who contributes to the accidental death of another is to be taken to a neighboring city until his/her name is cleared. So that a member of the family of the deceased will not seek revenge or justice before a investigation is complete.
Crimes of Passion is defending your family or your home when it is the intent of the attacker to harm you or your family.

A murderer is to be killed in a public place so that anyone else who has these types of thoughts about "murder" will think twice about intending to take another life on purpose.

The Bible also says to follow the laws of the land in which you reside. So if you don't agree with them , move.
Just my opinion.

If you don't share this opinion , no harm no foul. We can be mature and just agree to disagree.
Well said. I understand your point of view. We are just discussing, there isn't heat anymore. ;)

and in my opinion, i really liked the way things worked inancient times, if you killed somebody on purpose, you were killed. That is true justice in my opinion.
I understand your point of view here about true justice. But what about if I asked you: Instead of killing the murderer, why don't you work a way to change his/her mind? Making them to do good deeds later on in his/her life? It might not entirely cover the loss but it certainly is better than take another life, don't you think? Even though he/she did on purpose, but you said that humans were created intelligent and sentient, then I think if you wholeheartedly want to make he/she a better person, don't you think it would work? For example, my religion, which is Buddhism, has been doing it that way. I have heard of a lot of people who had committed crimes in the past, after being converted by my religion, they turned into not-bad-anymore people, follow Buddhism and help others to come to reason.

On the other hand, it is possible that the person who has been murdered might did a lot of bad deeds in the past. Thus that deceased person might not be a good person, and actually don't make his/her way to heaven. So why do you want to put another person to hell why, if they were still alive, they would have made their way to heaven.

okay, let me paint you a picture,

you're driving down an icy road, your friend is in the passenger seat, you're driving very cautiously and carefully, but your car hits black ice and the car goes off the road and hits a tree, your friend dies, you were the one driving.

wouldn't you agree you were an "accidental murder"?
This is not a good example, in my opinion.

The person who was driving did not know that there was black ice. Even though he/she was driving cautiously and carefully, he/she is not a God (or someone similar) who knows that there was black ice and needs to evade it. Meanwhile, their car went off the road, but what if it didn't hit anything? Don't you think that God (as if he existed) might have created that, I mean he made them hit the tree instead of didn't hit anything (who knows?)?

DeletedUser

And to louis, Im one of Jehovah's Witnesses. and you have pprobably heard more untrue things about us than truth, so please ask me if the info you have is right before you make a staement about it.

I didn't take you very seriously prior to this being revealed, how am I to take you seriously now?

This thread has gone way down hill and off-topic. meh.

DeletedUser

I tought we were still kind of on topic, myself.

Humans aare the most intelligent creatures on the Earth, we don't just have the ability to survive, like all other animals. we have the ability to enjoy life in all its ways. we experience emotions unlike other animals, we can love, be happy, and find joy in our lives. We are the most amazing thing on the Earth, but to destroy something like that, would be, as i said, evil. that would be like taking the most amazing thing ever discovered, and just throwing it on the ground. I really don't see how you can ask that question in the first place.

DeletedUser

And there is a reason God allows all of the suffering we experience. But if i were to explain, you would just tell me how ignorant i am for believing there is a god and that were here because we can't sustain ourselves, blah blah blah

DeletedUser

And there is a reason God allows all of the suffering we experience. But if i were to explain, you would just tell me how ignorant i am for believing there is a god and that were here because we can't sustain ourselves, blah blah blah

Wait, you have the answer to that eternal question?

This ought to be interesting.

DeletedUser

When Adam and Eve sinned, a universal question was raised. Does God have the right to rule mankind. Satan said that they can, and so the question is being played out. So through the centuries, man has dominated man to his injury. and because we inherit sin from our parents we get sick and die in the process.

DeletedUser

When Adam and Eve sinned, a universal question was raised. Does God have the right to rule mankind. Satan said that they can, and so the question is being played out. So through the centuries, man has dominated man to his injury. and because we inherit sin from our parents we get sick and die in the process.

epicurus-quote.jpg

DeletedUser

DO YOU PAY ATTENTION TO ANYTHING!?

I just told why he permits suffering. But then you come up with some bull crap quote!?

God is not going to let suffering continue, soon he will re-establush a paradise Earth. Resurect the dead, and let those loyal to him live forever. But for some reason you just disagree with Epicurus's stupid and false philosophy.

I know you'll probably never believe in God, but I know he has to exist based, on LOGIC. But you think you're intelligent because you aren't "tricked" as you might say to believe in something as silly as a God. But at least my beliefs give me the hope and promise of everlasting life.

im through unless you have an actual sound argument.

DeletedUser

Oh, you know god exists based on logic?

Present this line of logical reasoning.

DeletedUser

i already have, you just either don't pay attention or just like to disagree.

DeletedUser

i already have, you just either don't pay attention or just like to disagree.

No, you have not presented a logical line of reasoning that provides gods existence as a reasonable conclusion.

Since you however do seem to think you have, I ask you to quote, or link to the post itself.

DeletedUser

re-read my posts and get back to me.

especially my post concerning prophetic instances in the bible.

DeletedUser

Humans aare the most intelligent creatures on the Earth, we don't just have the ability to survive, like all other animals. we have the ability to enjoy life in all its ways. we experience emotions unlike other animals, we can love, be happy, and find joy in our lives.
Animals do not feel pleasure or sadness or any other emotion?
I can see the indoctrination is strong within you.

We are the most amazing thing on the Earth, but to destroy something like that, would be, as i said, evil. that would be like taking the most amazing thing ever discovered, and just throwing it on the ground.
Oh, so that is why you would rather let someone die than give them a blood transfusion to save their life. Good thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.