Count to 00,000

Deleted User - 819397

That is no mere toucan...that is the glorious Toucannon!

And Zem, I like the picture for this, don't worry..was mainly thinking of adding a background to it because right now there's no background at all.

DeletedUser31931

Well it is Pokémon we're talking about here. Also, at least it isn't a set of gears or a keyring.

Deleted User - 819397

Oh yes, let's tease gen 5's designs again. Because a Pokeball with angry eyes, a pile of sludge with arms, and an obsession with adding things to make three of something (Dugtrio, Magneton, Dodrio) were so well designed. Every gen has good and bad ones people...

Edit: Meh, I realize Klefki is gen 6 and all, but it just really frustrates me when people mock recent Pokemon designs when there were some pretty bad ones in the first gen as well. Particularly gen 5 is considered to be when Pokemon 'ran out of ideas' for a lot of people, and that gen introduced their first attempts at possessed items (which is big in Japanese culture) and Chandelure in particular is just a really cool concept (how many horror movies play with chandeliers?), and Cofagrigus I believe was a nod to the whole Mummy fascination. It brought the Tao trio of legendaries, and while Kyurem has never been my favorite, Reshiram and Zekrom are both pretty awesome. And let's not forget that it introduced the only competitively viable snake as well, which was a starter to boot. Finally, it introduced Hidden Abilities, which made so many more Pokemon across the board viable in competitive because HAs tend to be great (not all, but most). Every gen has good and bad designs, let's not ignore the early ones because of nostalgia vision.

Also, remember gen 7's region is based off Hawaii, so a lot of tropical themed Pokemon. Toucannon being one of them. And a kaleidoscopic beak that changes color as it heats it up (despite not being part fire) is honestly relatively pretty cool. Plus 120 base attack, and it looks angry all the time...I quite like it heh.

Ok, rant over, I need to go to work...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

Wow... I accidentallyd a rant from Regi... I was just trying to say that it looked exactly like a real life toucan. I didn't know that actually was a new Pokemans design.

Deleted User - 819397

Zem is the one who triggered the rant, I just figured I'd also explain why I like Toucannon'a design while I was going as well. All is well.

DeletedUser31931

*wipes mechanical oil off of hands*

Welp, now that that's taken care of. I agree and I liked a lot of the designs in both Gen 5 and 6 (Though I wasn't much of a fan of Black and White but that's just personal enjoyment of the game) but still some of them were not great.

Deleted User - 819397

And I'm not arguing that. It just really frustrates me when people, particularly those who claim gen 1 should be the only Pokémon, ignore the fact some of those designs were absolutely terrible. And I know you're not one of those people, Zem, but all the same...good and bad in every gen...

DeletedUser31931

That said Gen 5 was terrible and anyone who likes it is clearly and completely wrong and should be witch hunted for their belief.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to take cover in my nuclear shelter from the impending storm...

Deleted User - 819397

*drops bomb on Zem's shelter with such phrases as "only gen to have all new Pokémon until postgame", "most mature storyline in a main series Pokémon game ever", and "you asked for this" heard for miles in the resulting explosion*

*drops minor care package into crater with the quiet phrase "then black/white 2 screwed all of that up" barely audible*