Count to 00,000

DeletedUser31931

Regal certainly disapproved of Dota Apel, I can tell you that much.

Also, the heating problems may or may not be related to me having not turned off my laptop for the past four days... (running it off of mains).

Apelatia

I'm not Regal, so we might hold different opinions there...

Mmmm... Last time I had heating problems, it was after leaving my laptop on for far too long...

DeletedUser31931

Well I wouldn't have been surprised if you hadn't liked Dota, because the two communities have a history of being at odds with one another. LoL players don't like Dota players as they view Dota players as elitists who are unnecessarily dismissive, whereas Dota players dislike LoL players because they view LoL as a lesser game because it is essentially a simpler version of Dota (like it or not that was its original purpose) and no-one likes Smite.

Deleted User - 819397

Actually, League was made from people who'd played the original DotA and wanted to do something that was the same genre, but at the same time WASN'T just a carbon copy of the original mods to Starcraft(2?) and Warcraft 3. Thus, they took the formula and made it their own. DotA2, on the other hand, is a faithful replica of the DotA mod, albeit as its own game and more variety in the heroes. The original purpose was NOT to make an "easier" DotA, but rather to take a game that was regarded as great and making their own game, streamlining things along the way. Making a simpler version of DotA is what Heroes of the Storm is doing.

Apelatia

Those are quite broad, sweeping statements to make...

Zemelci said:
...they view Dota players as elitists who are unnecessarily dismissive...

The second part of your statement describes the character of a person, and I'm inclined toward the belief that people think differently, even when placed under similar circumstances... As for being elitists, well, I can't really judge that part, as I know nothing about this 'Dota', nor do I know anyone who plays it...

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

That's fine, Apple. I don't know much about dota either (all I know about it comes from a webcomic), so I don't really care either way. I have no opinions on dota or lol.

DeletedUser31931

I dunno Regal, on that video you sent me, he talks about how they didn't want to replicate Dota and so they decided to do that by being the more accessible of the two by streamlining things, so that was a design decision from the beginning (or close to).

DeletedUser

Speaking of webcomics, I've just realised that it's been ages since I've checked on Darths & Droids and Cyanide and Happiness. Time to go!

DeletedUser28032

I read PvP, Penny Arcade and Darth and Droids, I also used to read Goblins until it completely ceased to function

DeletedUser31931

I dunno, I just don't have enough interest to check back regularly and with ones that I might get into such as Order of the Stick, they've been going so long that it'd be impossible to catch up. (Or as least I can't be bothered too).

Deleted User - 819397

Let's see…webcomics I'm into in roughly the order I found them.
Brawl in the Family
Order of the Stick (Zem, highly recommend catching up on this one)
Questionable Content (only occasionally lives up to its name)
Misfile
XKCD
Darths and Droids
Strays
The Property of Hate (also known as RGB)

Used to follow Weregeek too, but the fact that while the author boasts 5 comics a week, at LEAST half the time it's just a filler, and instead of progressing with the main story constantly we get these weeks of nothing but puns, or short gags that don't progress any of the stories that were established early...turned me off of it. If you're only going to do one or two comics a week, I'm fine with that (Strays and Property of Hate both only update once a week) but don't claim you do one thing and do another.

DeletedUser

I just had an AMAZING training session... despite the 40mph cold wind, I did my first ever B-twists on concrete, did a whole bunch of dash vaults on high rails, butt spins on a high rail and aced wallspin after wallspin on a vertical... feeling good...

Anyway, we were talking about webcomics?

DeletedUser31931

You know, I should probably start doing free-running at some point... I've kept on putting it off, mainly due to there being a lack of places where I could realistically do it and also finding time to set apart five days...

DeletedUser

The Tapp Brothers five-day course isn't something that takes all-day for five days. You'll realistically be doing only a few hours, depending on how quickly you grasp the basics. Hmm... let me recall those early days.... Day 1 of the course is something that you can do in minutes, Day 2 might be a bit harder, as you kinda have to try out more stuff to find your preferred method. Day 3 is super easy, as is Day 4. Day 5 might be a little bit harder, but I think that depends more on the person.

As for finding places to train, the Tapp Brothers posted a good video earlier for folks who can't find spots; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-hsTfOPKX8
Jesse La Flair does a good video where he talks about parkour vision (one of the few occasions when he talks and correct information comes out of his mouth...), ah, otherwise if you really can't find anywhere, then you just have to get creative. Even with a barren patch of grass/concrete or a low ledge you can do a lot.