Corrosive Acid

DeletedUser

nice link never seen that before Elmyr ty. noticed it says "There were a total of 279,692 equipped items" key word equipped so could more be out there unequipped?

DeletedUser

sorry found it broke down more
img.php

Corrosive acid

Accounts with item: 23 (0.05%)
Total amount of item: 23 (0.00%)
Total equipped: 5
Average amount per account: 0
Average stack amount: 1

DeletedUser1105

Only an admin could answer that, new items only show up in new shops at the moment, so it's a case of wait or see (or ask Morthy really nicely :-))

DeletedUser

23 people have it already, so it is very simple. Did they find it or did they buy it?

DeletedUser1105

But all 23 could have found it. That doesn't mean it is not for sale though.

DeletedUser

But it would kinda lessen the chances. Your not really helping you know.

DeletedUser1105

It wouldn't lessen the chances at all. People have not built enough shops yet so the chances of it being bought if it is for sale are very slim at this point.

DeletedUser

Not true. A mass of shops are already full of the new items. Maybe if you spent more time building and less time 'not helping' in the help section you would get some.

DeletedUser

I'm guessing they're all found. I found a second one, also trading with Indians. I have about 200 LP in the job on the world where I found them.

Edit: That's with premium income btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Then we wouldn't need a forum and nobody would know how clever you are. ;)

Thanks again :)

DeletedUser

43857201.jpg

This should be changed and be ranged weapon... It destroy the shooting bonus :(

DeletedUser

I agree on that...
Firstly, if you're a pure build dueler as I am, you can't do the Charlatan job till around level 60 before item sets came out. With this set, one can, but unfortunately for ranged fighters, this complete set does very little for us. Yes, we can only use the 5 items without the Acid, but then we don't get the shooting bonus.

Secondly... It's acid in a bottle. Why the heck is it melee anyway? Do I have to apply it to my opponents face? Be realistic. I'd throw the bottle at you, which is a ranged attack. Take the boomerang for instance? It's the same thing. Yes... I could hit you over the head with too, if I would somehow be able to walk parallel to the floor.

The class in which the item falls would only make sense if they intended for duelers not to use it as a dueling set. But why would we. A good coat alone makes up for what we gain from the set in shooting. It would't be a great set for dueling, we just wouldn't be as vulnerable as we are now. The real bonus would come from the rest of the perks... but is it really such a bonus considering you can only wear a complete set at level 45?

I think this weapon has been placed in the wrong class. Maybe we're lucky and by the time the next sets come we'll be shooting knuckle dusters at one another.

DeletedUser

Found mine Trading with Indians also. I am only lvl 32, so i am a long way from using it.

DeletedUser

The Corrosive Acid is likely the most ill-planned item in the entire game -- more so than the Uniform, perhaps.

Here's why:
1. Tragic damage range and limit for players leveled enough to use it.
2. You throw acid, fling acid or spray acid. You don't smash it into objects while its in your hand. Vigor (raw muscle power) or Shooting (precision with projectiles)? Which one seems more of a fit? How is this item melee?? I dare anyone to rationally explain this.
3. The set affords +18 Shooting ONLY if the Corrosive Acid (melee!!) is equipped (all 6 items are required).
4. The set is explicitly meant to help with the Charlatan job, which requires NO vigor, but does require shooting. Same goes for Smuggling Goods (another job using the set).
5. The Black Bowler Hat and Brown Waistcoat both afford shooting buffs and no vigor buffs. Who thought it would be a good idea to pair them with a melee weapon??
6. The Charlatan job requires NO strength skills. Not one. However, it does require dexterity. It's not a brawn job. It's a brain job.

There is literally no good reason to have made this weapon melee. I've racked my brain. Nothing. Nada. The only purpose I could imagine would be to intentionally cripple ranged duelers while wearing the set.

If you ask me, the Corrosive Acid single-handedly renders the entire Charlatan Set useless. I don't need the specific duel stat bonuses as much as I need overall dueling protection and general LP's. Equipping all items in the set makes me a sitting duck for duelers, unless I've invested a ton of points into Vigor. Of course, I guess none of the sets cater to Vigor... *COUGH* Mexicans get +26 Vigor and can use whatever weapon they want to!!!

Corrosive Acid needs to be re-assigned as being ranged. End of story.