CLOSED: 48HR Quest & Dueler removal option

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I agree with the last few that this is a bad idea.

We have worked hard building our characters for a particular purpose. I learned in previous worlds that a general all purpose build was really not good at anything just so so at everything.

Many are spec'd for fort fighting leaving them very vulnerable to duelers. To make this rule would accomplish only punishing these builds by making them fairly useless.

The points about how easy it would be to steal forts after KO'ing the town is quite valid. I think that passing this as a rule would cause many players to quit as they would no longer be able to do what they are here to do. Not everyone can be the same and unless we are all spec'd as duelers, those who are not will be at a serious disadvantage.

If the goal of a MMORPG is to make things reasonably fair for all players, this is definitely not the answer.

Let the duelers fight the other duelers and let the fort fighters fort fight. This rule would distinctly advantage the dueler over all other builds. We can't all respec our characters you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

As an avid self harming suicide numpty myself on certain occassions I would vote no :)

DeletedUser

For the reasons Kayak clearly outlined, this idea would totally ruin the game if implemented.

I am a pure fort fighter that does not use NPC duels to provide myself with constant duel protection, so I don't really care if that 48hr shield is no longer available. But not being able to attend fort battles for 48hrs following a regular duel KO would tip the balance of power so far towards duelers that towns specializing in them would be much too powerful. Not to mention the players that are only here for fort battles would surely lose interest in the game in a very short period of time.

On any world there are a handful of players that make up the regular fort battlers within an alliance. This change would make the game about constantly KO'ing those people, and declaring fort battles for easy victories once those people are unable to attend. Your effectively suggesting to completely rewrite the game around duelers.

This idea will never be implemented, you guys are much better off trying to push the other thread concerning this issue.

DeletedUser

As an avid self harming suicide numpty myself on certain occassions I would vote no :)

No way ? I thought you were a legend in dueling workers now you admit to K.O yourself tut tut tut :( will have to look for a new hero, because you have just gone down hill in my book :laugh:

It's simple just remove the whole 48hr K.O completely :D end of doesn't need anything to replace , no new smart system.
It's time for a free for all even townless players should get involed, when was the last time you were dueled ?
So rare these days it's boring :(

It's a NO from me as it stands, because if I go to battle with say 80 of a army and we get trashed and only kill about 10 defenders , they can then start a battle at say a fort I owned.
80 of my men wont be able to attend :eek: atleast for 48hrs. Starting a battle is only 24hr count down.
Meaning it will make fort battles all or nothing, though the top dogs with the biggest alliance will steam roll the whole map with in a month if not less owning all forts.
And will definetly drop numbers in fort battles , there will hardly be full forts.

Don't get me wrong was a nice idea though im sure there will be alot of players not happy if K.O in a fort battle they will have to wait 48hrs. Fort battles are free (no energy required)
It's the easiest way to gain extra XP daily, though players wont be able to:eek: I don't think your get the backing on this one.
Just drop the quest K.O rubbish it's silly and really not needed. :D

For the reasons Kayak clearly outlined, this idea would totally ruin the game if implemented.

I am a pure fort fighter that does not use NPC duels to provide myself with constant duel protection, so I don't really care if that 48hr shield is no longer available. But not being able to attend fort battles for 48hrs following a regular duel KO would tip the balance of power so far towards duelers that towns specializing in them would be much too powerful. Not to mention the players that are only here for fort battles would surely lose interest in the game in a very short period of time.

On any world there are a handful of players that make up the regular fort battlers within an alliance. This change would make the game about constantly KO'ing those people, and declaring fort battles for easy victories once those people are unable to attend. Your effectively suggesting to completely rewrite the game around duelers.

This idea will never be implemented, you guys are much better off trying to push the other thread concerning this issue.

You mean what i covered before him and was told it wouldn't affect it, well it will never sit comfortibly with all though crapping the K.O 48hrs thing would or drop it to 12hrs , 48hrs is really not needed.

DeletedUser14006

Haha, I am a builder killer when it suits but when I respec to all jobs build to progress to the next stage in my development I like the safety net that only a quest NPC suicide and the love of a mother can provide.

One Armed Ninja

The system being used now is already starting to cripple worlds.

You have players who are now KO'd around the clock working to collect money for repeat declarations on forts. Fort fighters who come to these fort fights who are constantly ko'd and all of them doing this risk free without worry of being dueled.

You have Hats who are advising their towns to use this system on an ongoing basis, players are talking about new worlds with fort fights being the main attraction there (and no doubt using the KO system)

That is going to be the future of The West if this continues without change. A world of self ko'd players.

There is something wrong when players can hide behind a 48 hour ko so that players can not engage them either prior or post fort battles to help protect their forts and yet those same players can engage in combat to take their forts.

This has gone beyond players Ko'ing themselves to protect themselves from duelers because they have an advantage in dueling, it is becoming a way of life for players.

Instead of this being encouraged the solution is a fair and equitable system for all who wish to avoid combat and those who do not wish to engage in it to be able to use the KO system to do so.

And along with that comes improving the worker and adventurer so that while they will not be dueler class defending themselves they will not be so defenseless either.

As far as what will get implemented and what won't, only the developers know.

Com'on, you really think that everyone is going to be using self KO's?

This same thing has worked for over two years now, and as far as I can see the game is still running smooth. For a large chunk of players, fort fighting IS the main attraction, it is the easiest way of working together with friends to pit yourselves against others.

You overdo the quest KO's too much, I dont care if they're scrapped, as Vic has suggested, but what you have said is just plain wrong, most people dont bother quest KO'ing, or simply run oout of quests to do it on.

SO you want to duel, there are ALWAYS plenty of targets.
Why fix some things that just aren't broken?

DeletedUser

Haha, I am a builder killer when it suits but when I respec to all jobs build to progress to the next stage in my development I like the safety net that only a quest NPC suicide and the love of a mother can provide.

You chicken :laugh::laugh::laugh: I even leave my builder standing in the open every day to take his daily beating, who cares. If I didnt and others like me the whole point of dueling would die :(
Oh well each to there own, though I'd like to see everyone fair game, no matter who they are, the real world isnt safe, so why should a dam game be, we are all here for fun and pain right ?

Deleted User - 1278415

Ok just trying to get the 2 ideas straight we have 2 KO ideas currently and

I want to ask this TJ... does your idea call for only Pass outs from Quests or does it also include those pass outs from duels as well? or does it separate the 2.

DeletedUser22575

Ok just trying to get the 2 ideas straight we have 2 KO ideas currently and

I want to ask this TJ... does your idea call for only Pass outs from Quests or does it also include those pass outs from duels as well? or does it separate the 2.

I didn't separate them, but treated them all equally. I thought it would be discriminatory to treat them differently since some use the KO option and some are from duels and hence all should be treated the same.

Deleted User - 1278415

Tell you what I think Vic's idea would be better if we just work on getting rid of the 48 quest ko and leave the 48 hour dueler ko alone.

I'd say you have a better chance at that than your way of doing it... take baby steps.. if that goes through then you can ask for the 2nd part.

DeletedUser26234

So basicly , u think its ok to do the KO on a Duelist , and not on a NPC ?
well i dont care what we call the donkey , aslong i get my KO and peace.

DeletedUser

Com'on, you really think that everyone is going to be using self KO's?
You don't need everyone to do it ,a large numbers of players are doing it.Entire towns are doing it,it's a very common practice.

This same thing has worked for over two years now, and as far as I can see the game is still running smooth.
That's the point,it's not running smooth,if it was we wouldn't be suggesting this.

For a large chunk of players, fort fighting IS the main attraction, it is the easiest way of working together with friends to pit yourselves against others.
One dimensional games are boring,we don't want a super successful fort-fighting that smoother the dueling aspect of the game.Fort-fighting is interfering with town business by putting an enemy base at their doorstep.That very same base will be used by an entire alliance to cause harm to a town.
Duelers need to be able to chip at these fort-fighters that are doing this,get them out of their comfort zone and bring some of that fort fighter KO bacon home.It will make a nice trophy ,don't you think?

You overdo the quest KO's too much, I dont care if they're scrapped, as Vic has suggested, but what you have said is just plain wrong, most people dont bother quest KO'ing, or simply run oout of quests to do it on.
Doing away with the 48 hours protection is a 1st good step to bring balance back .

SO you want to duel, there are ALWAYS plenty of targets.
The best duel targets are the fort-fighters,these are the ones interfering with foreign towns.Nothing like chopping on that HP tank or hitting a general that's planning on stealing your fort that you have worked so hard for.
Like i said duelers need trophies too.
Why fix some things that just aren't broken?
This is what we have been trying to say:a one dimensional game is a broken game.TheWest cannot just be about fort-fighting.
What we have here is fort-fighting is a victim of it's own success,it's shining so bright that other area of the game are dying: dueling for example.

DeletedUser28464

Saltin

What you are suggesting is a one dimensional dueling game instead.
Most of the emphasis I see in these forums is that the west is a dueling game, and all other ways of playing are not the point of this game.
I call that one dimensional.

Fortunately this is not a one dimensional game.
I can play this game all day without dueling.
Some people like dueling, others like fort battles, others like jobs, others like quests etc..

Everything comes back to the same old arguments,
Pure build Duelers wanting to dominate this game, so no other build can play their game with any enjoyment.

This thread is just another attempt for duelers to make it more easy for them to play the game their way. Other players are not allowed any tactics but they want to keep their tactics very dearly.

Pedro

DeletedUser24514

Stop the bullies

This is 100% about duelers wanting easy access to the softest targets – fort fighters. Give duelers this and then they will belly ache about more.

The game rules about “pushing” are about not manipulating rules to get “super easy XP”. Revoke this npc ko rule and you will be GIVING duelers “super easy XP”.

Revoking this rule GIVES the BULLIES easy access to those easy targets they love to chain attack, day, after day, after day.

DeletedUser28464

One last note

Some of the players that are pushing for changes in the game to make the game easier for duelers have awesome dueling stats.

3000+ wins and insignificant losses.

And they want dueling to be made easier ??????

How much easier can it get ?
Food for thought,
Pedro

DeletedUser

This is 100% about duelers wanting easy access to the softest targets – fort fighters. Give duelers this and then they will belly ache about more.

The game rules about “pushing” are about not manipulating rules to get “super easy XP”. Revoke this npc ko rule and you will be GIVING duelers “super easy XP”.

Revoking this rule GIVES the BULLIES easy access to those easy targets they love to chain attack, day, after day, after day.

Seeing as I am a soft target myself, I don't have a problem with it. Further more, although I could, I do not quest KO. I do however see you fort tanks trying to decide who wears the pants in game. The duelers/soldiers have just as much right to play the game as their character is intended...to duel and when you cut off 50% of their targets by staying ko'd, who can blame them for complaining. It is abuse of a loophole. It's not for them nor anyone else in game (including you) to decide who will win a fort battle. :mad:

How is it NOT pushing when you stay quest KO?? You go to a fort battle & collect your 1500 EXP points, don't you? :p

DeletedUser16008

Bullies lmao coming from a soldier with over 7k hp who is worth 2 or 3 players in health at a battle especially small when a couple with that number amounts to bullying the opposition through superior hp is just so so amusing.

If you choose that kind of build thats fine with me, however getting all the benefits and none of the risk perfectly highlights what I was talking about. As Berkie said you get all the opportunity of xp unmolested working all day and then upto another 1500xp in a battle all with no risk ?... Don't talk to me about super easy xp my friend.

DeletedUser

I myself enjoy KO protection all the time, but find it primitive. It really is no challange when u do it like after every battle. There are already build in protections that u can use to defend urself (sleeping for instance). If u want to be safe it should take more than just do it every 48h.

I think most ppl are against it coz tank build would be harder to play if quest NPC KO was canceled (u'd need to be more carefull). But imagine a fort fight with players not having huge HP but more overall balanced...

This thing definately needs some tweaking....

If u coose a build, it should bring some consenquences...http://www.google.si/search?hl=sl&c...0un3Cw&ved=0CBUQvgUoAA&q=consenquences&nfpr=1

DeletedUser

Thinking about it...tell me Sahelee...what is the difference between a dueling bully & a fort bully??
:unsure:

DeletedUser22575

You know I have a lot of sympathy for workers and adventurers playing this game. There is no doubt it is a tough row for them to hoe being dueled.

That sympathy is offset by the fact they knew what the rules were when they started this game and chose the class they wanted to play. That does not mean those two classes don't need a good over haul because they do.

But Shaelee how dare you have the nerve to talk about bullies.

In W 11 you dueled everything that moved, you kept track of your ko's and bragged about them, and you did so with no regard or consideration of "ruining their fun".

You came to Arizona, bought numerous points and started off dueling again, same path, no change.

Then you decided to become a "fort fighter" You whined about being attacked, you pm'd players who did, alternating between promising them shares in forts your town owned, threatened them with your town and of all things had the nerve to complain about them "ruining your fun.

When that didn't work you ducked behind the 48 hour KO.

You are a soldier with 8k HP more or less. Soldiers should never be able to hide behind a 48 hour Ko as a routine way of life. Never. It makes a mockery of the class and should not be an oprion for that class.

And sometimes what happens to someone is not "bullying" but is just Karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.