Church Praying theory on Sundays

DeletedUser

:D
How can we ignore it?
How can any one ignore a place where every Sunday, cowgirls party in dark basements ,while men praying... a place where Indians and Mexicans guarding your ridding animals outside the door..
mhh
it is much more than a simple church or even a temple...
this is The West's twilight zone
muuhahaha

i know a church in some town on w6 where the priests make the best booze ever...you should see their cowgirls dance ..ohh my...i cant stop "donating" in their hotel...
;)

DeletedUser

My new Theory: "Going to church before sleeping = brings more good luck when you wake up"

LOL....:D

DeletedUser

hey, im muslim

i dont hate christ and christianity but i think church should be named as temple in this game.So every1 could use it.

If I were playing a game about a Muslim land and they had a temple in it, it wouldn't bother me. After all........ say it with me, everybody................... IT'S ----- A ----- GAME.

DeletedUser

I figured its Sunday so why not put my 2 cents in here. My belief is praying will bring short term boost (a very small boost at that, seeing how there is a premium people buy) to finding an item for work, but I have no hard evidence on this. As for the "Praying on Sundays, Praying and Donating at the same time, Praying then sleeping, Praying then tending pigs, picking berries, dueling a soldier, and then Guarding the Fort for a flag theories," absurd. Do I have any hard evidence to back this up? No.. But here is what I will say; Being a smaller company dealing with easy to follow games for all ages with no downloads. It would be a complete waste of my time and money as a developer to go through code and individually write for "on sundays only, or only if you pray and then sleep or donate". Its just not efficient. As with most MMO's on a small and a grand scale, this debate is no different than a regular crafting debate. i.e. If I face a certain direction on an elemental day and only on these hours I will create the uber cap of divine intuition+17. Is it possible that it's in the code for Sundays only or for a bigger boost? Yes, are the other theories possible no matter how absurd? Yes. Heres the real question to think about since the Church has seemed to boggle the minds of so many (Go Go Roman Catholics) and this is my bottom line pretty much. For a game of this magnitude... are your theories, (think about the time and effort that would be put into actually executing your theory) .....feasible? I hope this answers your questions.

-Cc

DeletedUser

IMO it wouldn't be difficult at all; just a small bit more code, one time.

My background doesn't include any professional programming, but I've studied computers and programming for over 20 years off and on and learned at least parts of more than 10 programming languages. Including a check to see which day it is, or what time it is, etc. strikes me as a very simple thing to do. Perhaps there's something more to it that you are aware of.

Not that I think they actually did anything like that, mind you. Just talking feasibility here. You brought it up. :)

DeletedUser

I believe the praying mechanic in general means they enjoy toying with the minds of the impressionable and regularly dissatisfied :D

I would assume any specific bias towards any particular religion would be frowned upon by the kind of organisations game companies are/will become answerable to.

However the church in-game has a Christian crucifix on the roof which is a little wrong considering this is an international game. Granting benefits to players that use an obviously Christian tinted feature is just immoral. OR perhaps praying does nothing and and its a jab from them at Christianity or religion as a whole? Either one is wrong imho.

I just like to think they've spun in a feature which will always keep us guessing. And that prayer is universal.

At any rate this all renders the crucifix a teeeeny bit controversial. :p

Well to be brutally honest, the game is modelled on "the west" - and I do believe that it was majority Christian. Don't think that there is any wrong-doing intended, simply historical accuracy...

None the less, when it comes down to it anyone who does get offended should just let the admins know and see what they have to say...

DeletedUser

haha ya the crucifix is just a theme nobody can be seriously offended by it

DeletedUser

Or someone could pray that someone will snipe someone in a hotel room useing a rifle or pistol bysomeday. Thats what I would pray for although I used to be cristain but not anymore, I have no religon. All beause of reglion conflict.:indian: Man when will gernades come in?