P&P Chinese

Ripwise

We all saw in yesterday's battle that this "chinese" thing is pointless and boring. All with more hp, more men, new fancy gear, beat the hell of us. So I'm not going to attend next battles with them because its not interesting when you miss every shot and got K.O.-ed in a few rounds as adventurer with 8k hp(and of course, random rewards which are promised to be given are not given to anyone as far as I know). I don't know what are you guys testing, but I'm sure that you can test this on some fun way, and not like this.

Check the w12 thread about the equall event and people got prizes. Search function does wonders ;)

It is all about balance and since this was the 2nd battle since Chinese arived im sure they are trying to balance it out. Idk if one battle is measure enough to quit coming to those battles.

DeletedUser

i think the chinese after the initial beating now overdone reinforcing themselves, 48 vs 120 and not a single one died heck they had half their hp left.

its not those 8 guns added, heck i figured they would add 10, but the chinese apparantly did some intensive training and gained a buckload of skills next to it, where they already were tough to hit and dodge, they are now nearly impossible to dodge or hit, 120 guns taking away 5k damage, well ok 100 due to some with now los) is really little, especially if you count that 5-6k damage they lost per round also included crits.

i hope next fights they nerfed back those skills to the original stats, which seemed already very powerfull but not as invincible of those yesterday!

if chinese trash us every battle the fun of such an event quickly goes away, best would be that there is some balance, that if we really try our best, and give it all we got, and swap and work as a team insanely we can beat em, that should make such an event as this more exciting then the initial 2 battles, though i understand you can't guess in one or 2 tries how strong the chinese have to be calibrated, it takes a few fights :)

DeletedUser30224

Wasn't the first battle before update and the second after? I think that was the culprit right there.

Harsha..

I'm in agreement with the others - the Chinese' ideals of "fun" is wrong. It involves a lot of hard lifting, grunting and pain. I'm also intensely annoyed at the way the dueling event is carried out - "you can only duel these two brothers" and so forth.

This is not how the west is played - never will. A town exists, the players in it come in all types and sizes. Some are weak, some are strong. But, what we have here is a merciless, ruthless killing machine, there is no weak pimp to pick on, to get cash from, the tanks are duellers as well as forters. The Li brothers occupy some "moral high ground", saying they wont attack others unless asked to. meh, give me a break - there are people in the game almost as strong as them, who duel without mercy.

Chiense, Ripwise, I say - loosen your collars, put on colourful bandanas, make your tanks vulnerable to duel attacks, remove the excessive skills - in short, make yourself mortal. Then, we can have some fun

DeletedUser22685

I'm in agreement with the others - the Chinese' ideals of "fun" is wrong. It involves a lot of hard lifting, grunting and pain. I'm also intensely annoyed at the way the dueling event is carried out - "you can only duel these two brothers" and so forth.

This is not how the west is played - never will. A town exists, the players in it come in all types and sizes. Some are weak, some are strong. But, what we have here is a merciless, ruthless killing machine, there is no weak pimp to pick on, to get cash from, the tanks are duellers as well as forters. The Li brothers occupy some "moral high ground", saying they wont attack others unless asked to. meh, give me a break - there are people in the game almost as strong as them, who duel without mercy.

Chiense, Ripwise, I say - loosen your collars, put on colourful bandanas, make your tanks vulnerable to duel attacks, remove the excessive skills - in short, make yourself mortal. Then, we can have some fun

So basically you want the NPCs to be exactly like regular players? There'd be no point having them there at all. If you want to fight regular players, go do it.

The GM is designed to allow the players to work together against a powerful but different enemy, not to recreate the same battles that we've been having for years. We didn't just decide that there was a distinct lack of Chinese usernames present in fort battles.

In case you haven't realised (which you probably haven't since, judging from your post, you haven't paid much attention to anything to do with these GM events at all), World 11 hasn't been able to fill anything other than a small battle for a long time. Do you honestly expect 50 NPCs to attack a large fort with regular weapons and skills? Did you even watch a single battle during the World 12 event? There have been two battles on World 11 so far, and given the fact that the NPCs had different skills, HP and gear each time, I think it's obvious that they're trying to find a balance between their HP and skills and those of the armies they'll be fighting against, just like they did at the beginning of the World 12 event before settling in.

As for the duelling side of things, it's quite ridiculous to accuse an NPC of taking the "moral high ground". Once again, they're not regular player accounts. They're not here to play verbal or mind games, they're here to let players challenge them to win rewards. Can you not imagine the players' reactions to receiving constant beatings from these NPCs with inordinate amounts of skills and weapons they didn't pay for? You're essentially accusing the NPCs of playing purely to dominate and then turning around and telling them that they should do so.

Stop trying to treat the NPCs as regular players, or better yet, since you haven't been to a fort battle on World 11 since 2010, refrain altogether from commenting on things that don't concern you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wasn't the first battle before update and the second after? I think that was the culprit right there.

yeah i agree, i thought both were after, but firt one was before the update
if what i got told was right, is that the chinese had 300 in every ff skill on w12

before the update 300 stamina woulda been +10 ff attack and defence, after the update it became +30 ff attack and defence

and some increase with leadership and other stuff as well due to the new system made them much much much stronger, my guess slashing those skills into half will get them as strong as they used to be.

guess it will take a few more balance for the chinese to adjust to the new battle system

DeletedUser

That's not just that. We all know that the update gives an edge to attackers now because most fort fighters are using AP for strength that give them much more stamina than hiding but that's not that huge, if it was just the update change we could have kill at least one of them. We crushed them last battle and they crushed us this one.

Did anyone notice that they are out of ranking system, why? It's just unfair not to know how much stamina/hiding and leadership they have. My personal guess is that they just do not like to lose so they boost up their skills a lot and they didn't want us to figure out how much more Godly they are now compared to last battle so they removed themselves from ranking system. This boosting + the edge to the attackers which will be huge for them because they using up to 10 times of our skill point (I assume) wont make the event fun. If they want to bring fun to the W 11 they should give us a chance. I do not expect them to let us crush them because it's not much fun (the satisfaction of winning the first battle is enough) but we should have a chance to defend one battle, telling ourselves if we pushed ourselves harder, using better skill build/gears/buffs we could do better. If it goes like last battle it doesn't matter who and how does lead the battle, it doesn't matter how much LOS you get, when you are destined to miss almost all shots what's the point of attending a battle or having los for more round?

Anyway my last guess is that they dug 3 fort simultaneously to test 3 different skill build and/or gears to make it a little more balance. Hope to have a closer battle tonight.

DeletedUser8627

That's not just that. We all know that the update gives an edge to attackers now because most fort fighters are using AP for strength that give them much more stamina than hiding but that's not that huge, if it was just the update change we could have kill at least one of them. We crushed them last battle and they crushed us this one.

Did anyone notice that they are out of ranking system, why? It's just unfair not to know how much stamina/hiding and leadership they have. My personal guess is that they just do not like to lose so they boost up their skills a lot and they didn't want us to figure out how much more Godly they are now compared to last battle so they removed themselves from ranking system. This boosting + the edge to the attackers which will be huge for them because they using up to 10 times of our skill point (I assume) wont make the event fun. If they want to bring fun to the W 11 they should give us a chance. I do not expect them to let us crush them because it's not much fun (the satisfaction of winning the first battle is enough) but we should have a chance to defend one battle, telling ourselves if we pushed ourselves harder, using better skill build/gears/buffs we could do better. If it goes like last battle it doesn't matter who and how does lead the battle, it doesn't matter how much LOS you get, when you are destined to miss almost all shots what's the point of attending a battle or having los for more round?

Anyway my last guess is that they dug 3 fort simultaneously to test 3 different skill build and/or gears to make it a little more balance. Hope to have a closer battle tonight.

Life is unfair my friend, turn the other cheek so the Chinese can slap that one too ;) And then deal with it.

No skills were adjusted between the two battles and change of the fort battle formula. First battle was done on the old formula while the second on the new formula. I double checked the accounts, their skills are the same as they have always been. The only change that was made to the the Chinese accounts were gear. Instead of the Natty's set, they are now using the Will Munny and Jeremiah Johnson sets.

Even so, I've had some intense discussions about the new battle formula and found that the tanks are still wanting to be tanks. I'm afraid this is your downfall. Spec properly and you will have a better chance in battles. Fort battles are no longer about how much HP you have. As you saw in Tuesday's battle, the tanks were quickly taken care of.

As for your accusations regarding the ranks and GM characters being hidden because of apparent skill changes. This is default on all GM characters as they are not regular player's in the world, they have no need to interfere with the ranking system.

Moving forward from such bickering, I see all players that attended the defense at Big B have received their buff - as promised by the Chinese. Perhaps tonight would be a good opportunity to use it. :hmf:

DeletedUser8627

We all saw in yesterday's battle that this "chinese" thing is pointless and boring. All with more hp, more men, new fancy gear, beat the hell of us. So I'm not going to attend next battles with them because its not interesting when you miss every shot and got K.O.-ed in a few rounds as adventurer with 8k hp(and of course, random rewards which are promised to be given are not given to anyone as far as I know). I don't know what are you guys testing, but I'm sure that you can test this on some fun way, and not like this.

djogani, read my comment above regarding HP tanks. You have specifically specced everything into strength and HP. You are most likely going to be the first casualty tonight.
As I said, if you want to be a good fort fighter, spec properly.

Rewards are given to players, every single fort battle, a handful of players are randomly chosen and will be issued with prizes. At this moment, only the fort buffs have been provided to the players - the Chinese lost their bet.

Once the 'Fortune Cookie' goes live on our worlds, those randomly chosen players from each battle will receive their prizes. I haven't come across any instance in world 11 where the Chinese have promised something but failed to deliver it. It was already said that prizes will be handed out when prize giving actually arrives. The event hasn't even ended, in fact, this is only the second week and you're complaining about prizes, please...

Harsha..

So basically you want the NPCs to be exactly like regular players? There'd be no point having them there at all. If you want to fight regular players, go do it.

The GM is designed to allow the players to work together against a powerful but different enemy, not to recreate the same battles that we've been having for years. We didn't just decide that there was a distinct lack of Chinese usernames present in fort battles.

In case you haven't realised (which you probably haven't since, judging from your post, you haven't paid much attention to anything to do with these GM events at all), World 11 hasn't been able to fill anything other than a small battle for a long time. Do you honestly expect 50 NPCs to attack a large fort with regular weapons and skills? Did you even watch a single battle during the World 12 event? There have been two battles on World 11 so far, and given the fact that the NPCs had different skills, HP and gear each time, I think it's obvious that they're trying to find a balance between their HP and skills and those of the armies they'll be fighting against, just like they did at the beginning of the World 12 event before settling in.

As for the duelling side of things, it's quite ridiculous to accuse an NPC of taking the "moral high ground". Once again, they're not regular player accounts. They're not here to play verbal or mind games, they're here to let players challenge them to win rewards. Can you not imagine the players' reactions to receiving constant beatings from these NPCs with inordinate amounts of skills and weapons they didn't pay for? You're essentially accusing the NPCs of playing purely to dominate and then turning around and telling them that they should do so.

Stop trying to treat the NPCs as regular players, or better yet, since you haven't been to a fort battle on World 11 since 2010, refrain altogether from commenting on things that don't concern you.

Well, i was speaking as a dueller, frustrated at the limited scope of the event for duellers. Whatever references i made about the fort event were accidental. The battles are looking good and, as you have wisely given evidence for, I have no reason to complain

It's perfectly possible to beat the chinese in a 120 vs 40 affair...but, in a simple 1 v 1 duel only two of them are "beatable", the rest have those annoying germnino pepperboxes. I would've loved to have a free go at the tanks, even if there was no reward on offer

As for the free run, again you misunderstand me. I'm not asking them to go and hunt workers and questers - the ones who dont want to be duelled; but real duellers. In fort battles, the world's best FFers came together to prevent the chinese from taking all the forts in the world, right? - it could've been the same with the duellers. The two chinese can put on their best (but beatable) gear and set out hunting the world's duellers. Whoever won any one of the duels could get the reward. The one who gets a KO will get something bigger. That way, duellers will also have to coordinate their attacks.

DeletedUser30224

I'm not pretending to understand the chinese or the event itself as I do not play W11, but I am guessing that the event is still new and with the new update in fort battle formula, changes are more likely to be made to make the event battles more balanced. I don't think you can calculate precisely what sort of effect a change of clothes or a player extra here or different character class will impact the result of the battle. First battle chinese were crushed, and I am not saying that it is a bad thing, but they are trying to get at least even, so make it balanced to test your co-operation and your skills in the battles.

I would stake my reputation (however meagre that is) that it is not their intention to make all battles as hard as the second battle was and possible changes are on the horizont.

DashAkol, you are correct in at least one of your sentence thee, it is not fun to attend an unwinable battle and I'm positive the Chinese know that as well.

DeletedUser22685

It's perfectly possible to beat the chinese in a 120 vs 40 affair...but, in a simple 1 v 1 duel only two of them are "beatable", the rest have those annoying germnino pepperboxes. I would've loved to have a free go at the tanks, even if there was no reward on offer

There's a good reason for not allowing people to duel the fort NPCs, and that's for the free exp and stat boosts that would be gained only by a limited number of players.

Harsha.. said:
As for the free run, again you misunderstand me. I'm not asking them to go and hunt workers and questers - the ones who dont want to be duelled; but real duellers. In fort battles, the world's best FFers came together to prevent the chinese from taking all the forts in the world, right? - it could've been the same with the duellers. The two chinese can put on their best (but beatable) gear and set out hunting the world's duellers. Whoever won any one of the duels could get the reward. The one who gets a KO will get something bigger. That way, duellers will also have to coordinate their attacks.

Hehe, duellers with their record in danger have shown to be able to whine even more than defenceless workers. We'd still be setting ourselves up for a tirade of abuse and complaints, and even people quitting the game (we've all seen how the slightest things can cause people to rage quit).

djogani

Check the w12 thread about the equall event and people got prizes.

Im not talking about different world. I talk about this one. They promised some prizes, and I've got none after the first battle, and after the second battle all of us got some ff buff as a part of Nisa's bet with them. If they are so "moral" like some post above stated(guess it was irronic), they should keep their promisses. :)

DeletedUser8627

Im not talking about different world. I talk about this one. They promised some prizes, and I've got none after the first battle, and after the second battle all of us got some ff buff as a part of Nisa's bet with them. If they are so "moral" like some post above stated(guess it was irronic), they should keep their promisses. :)

Did you read all the posts in this thread?

DeletedUser

da twista might have chinese.... but we got chiNisa, and she is stronger and more evil then all chinese combined!

DeletedUser35490

chiNisa shall and will be defeated.
For those who do not understand why we are here, maybe you should allow us a little more time and opportunity to show what we are here to do. If you put the same effort in finding the positive as you do in finding the negative, you might be able to enjoy this event like many others did and continue to do.
We will try to put a few spins and twists here and there and we will listen to your feedback if properly presented. Whining is not the proper way. Whining shall be crushed like chiNisa :D

FIGHT US ON THE BATTLE FIELD!

djogani

Did you read all the posts in this thread?

Yes, I did. I didn't see anything that tells me if someone got one of the promised "random prizes". As for the promises, another promise is broken. If we read this post carefully, we see a set of rules which would be applied for the dueling "chinese". One of that rules is: First off, no Chinese character will duel a player if there has not been an arrangement made.
Regarding that, I just got dueled, about half an hour ago, even if I didn't arrange any duel with them. So my point is, why making promises which you can't keep?

DeletedUser

As for your accusations regarding the ranks and GM characters being hidden because of apparent skill changes. This is default on all GM characters as they are not regular player's in the world, they have no need to interfere with the ranking system.

This was not the same before the first battle on world 11 and even on world 12 for the whole event, they were on ranking system as I can remember. Am I right or illusional? And I did not accuse anyone for anything, just said my assumption as I still do not see any reason why should they disappear from ranking system.

Nisa

Once the 'Fortune Cookie' goes live on our worlds, those randomly chosen players from each battle will receive their prizes. I haven't come across any instance in world 11 where the Chinese have promised something but failed to deliver it. It was already said that prizes will be handed out when prize giving actually arrives. The event hasn't even ended, in fact, this is only the second week and you're complaining about prizes, please...

You missed this djogani