Changes to dueling - not a whiney thread

DeletedUser

Well the devs are changing it. This is not a thread about camping or how bad or good dueling is now.

DeletedUser12008

Makes me wonder. If you click duel to go to that player can they take you on a wild goose chase? What if you are faster than they are and you get to the destination first. They can just click cancel and end up back where they started instantaneously and you have to go there on mount. What if they are faster than you are and lead you around for a couple of hours then pop into a hotel? I'd hate to queue a duel and 4 hours later get a message the player was well protected in a hotel.

I wish they would tell us something more.

IMO, this will be best part :) . Chase & dodge
You are working at some job site and some body is trying to hit, you run from there hopping from one job to another and finally reaching to hotel safely. This will be new defense technique available to weaker guys (run with tails between your legs)

Also for duelers, in current situation if I am dueling somebody far from my town and somebody came to my town and dueled me!! I was not even there.
For soldiers, if someone came from some other county or different part of world and dueling your guys, you can challenge right there need not to travel 8 hrs to reach to that guy to find he is sleeping in your hotel.

DeletedUser

Town Camping and job site camping are completely different and your time frame was outrageous

DeletedUser

I think moving duelling to the map has more pros than cons. Sure there will be job site camping, but it'll be traded off by eliminating hotel camping. And it also solves problems caused by traveling duellers. I'm a dueller and soldier in worlds 7 and 9, and the thing that annoys me most is when someone from not just one county, but several counties away comes to my town and hits me or one of my town mates. Then I have to take a 10-12 hour round trip just to take care of the guy, and just like manialok said they could be sleeping in your hotel by then.

Diggo11

I always assumed that when out of town dueling was introduced, they would allow everyone to see every job. Of course, if you don't have the skill points you still couldn't work the job, but you could click on it and every job would have a 'walk to site' button, so that you are able to duel anyone, anywhere.
That would get really cluttered though, especially since we can already use the duel button on a players profile...

Anyway this thread is pretty pointless until we actually know what changes are happening to duelling.

DeletedUser

Anyway this thread is pretty pointless until we actually know what changes are happening to duelling.

Finally someone said it. We had threads changing forts before they came out, now a thread changing duels based on a change that hasn't yet happened.

DeletedUser

The difference is that if they nerf dueling the game is ruined. There is nothing wrong for thinking of ways dueling will work or should work when taken onto the map.

Diggo11

The difference is that if they nerf dueling the game is ruined. There is nothing wrong for thinking of ways dueling will work or should work when taken onto the map.
I'm pretty sure the devs know that Dee. I know there is potentially alot at stake but you've got to trust their knowledge and decisions, they know better than any of us.

DeletedUser

Yeah, and I sure haven't played plenty of games where the devs messed with the dueling mechanics and nerfed the game. Better to bring to their attention now stuff they maybe did not think about than have to suffer with a broken game until they get it fixed. Trust me on that one Diggo.

DeletedUser

Is this not duel the player though rather than head to a job spot and camp there ?

If its duel the player good move if its camp at the job spot bad move.

Just wondering how the Dev's would bring it in if it is the job spot other than let us see every job on the map

DeletedUser

It's going to have to be duel the player and move where they are. Job site just doesn't make sense. Lots of problems with moving to the player though if they start moving around as well. Should be interesting.

DeletedUser

i never did get why duelers could come to your town and attack you but you coundent attack them back from your town when they are in your town

DeletedUser

If the problem is primarily camping at worker jobs, why not give workers a class bonus that helps them out, i.e. they lose less money, they can be dueled less than other classes, etc.

DeletedUser363

If the problem is primarily camping at worker jobs, why not give workers a class bonus that helps them out, i.e. they lose less money, they can be dueled less than other classes, etc.
Because then every dueler would switch to a worker class.

DeletedUser

You can't change classes. And the dueler and soldier bonuses have benefit too. It would need some balancing.

Diggo11

Yeah, and I sure haven't played plenty of games where the devs messed with the dueling mechanics and nerfed the game. Better to bring to their attention now stuff they maybe did not think about than have to suffer with a broken game until they get it fixed. Trust me on that one Diggo.
Although you may have a point, I confidently say we are fortunate to have a great lot of devs. So far they haven't given in to hundreds of whines, they haven't screwed up with Forts and I just don't see them stuffing it up now (and we know they haven't rushed it either :p).

DeletedUser

Need I remind you of their wonderful idea and almost blind insistence to implement inventory limits? Or when they wanted to change the skills used in constructing? They are not infallible.

Diggo11

Need I remind you of their wonderful idea and almost blind insistence to implement inventory limits? Or when they wanted to change the skills used in constructing? They are not infallible.
Firstly they said inventory limits were only being considered and not definite. I doubt we'll ever read about them again. Even if we did there is probably more behind the scenes (just like we now know what the Soldier's Uniform is for).Secondly the construction thing was designed to slow down construction, which is what many have been calling for. And to be fair they reconsidered and cancelled that. No-one is perfect but at least the devs realise their mistakes and fix them, so I trust they'll make sure this works too.